2-4 plants in apartment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inkypot

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I've been interested in growing marijuana for years now, mostly in my adolescence. I just got my own place and am very fond of the idea of nursing a few plants along and then reaping the benefits =]

I don't plan on doing anything extraordinary. I really just want to grow 2-4 plants.

My questions are:
From 2-4 plants, what would my yield be (min, avg, max)?
Is it 12-16 weeks to complete the growing process, from seeds to dried buds?
How much would my setup cost?
I plan on growing in a small closet. Would this be a problem? (can provide exact measurements if needed)
Lastly, what are some good strains (one good sativa, one good indica, preferably) for my circumstances?

I also had the idea of building a large wooden box with a locking door. Would this work and would it make me any safer in my endeavors? I figure if some maintenance dude comes in and sees a big locking box he would kinda know what's up, but can they really do anything in this case? If I did this, how big would the box need to be?

Also, I am very open to any advice anyone has on growing in an apartment.

Thanks in advance and hello to all as I'm new here!

Grow on your property, not someone elses.

But that said.....

Expect 1 ounce per plant, more is a bonus, less is inexperience, yes 16 weeks could give you smoke of high quality, the cost is any amount, it depends on what you plan on buying, 4 plants in a closet at 16 weeks will no longer be small, its your box, its your lock, its yours and private, no one would want to look in it unless it has light shining from it and it stinks of weed.

Welcome to the forum :)

HippyInEngland said:
Grow on your property, not someone elses.

But that said.....

Expect 1 ounce per plant, more is a bonus, less is inexperience, yes 16 weeks could give you smoke of high quality, the cost is any amount, it depends on what you plan on buying, 4 plants in a closet at 16 weeks will no longer be small, its your box, its your lock, its yours and private, no one would want to look in it unless it has light shining from it and it stinks of weed.

Welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I'm still doing a lot of consideration on whether or not to pursue this right now.

I guess the wooden box would be my best bet, but how big would such a box need to be? I have no idea how big plants get.

How Big your plants get would depend on the size U pots are. The bigger the pot the bigger the plant... The strain also matters - indicas are the better choice if U want smaller plants... Also whenever your plants reach half the size you want them to be just switch the lights to 12/12 and start flowering... Size is very much up to you when growing indoors...
I also have a very small grow place, have two plants at the moment but imagine I could fit four more for my next grow :D
My advise read more before U start. But don't read too much too :D Mistakes help us learn! U should get better with time...
Also Do not hesitate starting your own grow - it is great satisfaction seeng a seed grow into smokable plant!
Homegrown Rules!
Get that Box fixed!
See ya around!

if you rent,just make sure you have a carbon filter going so you dont smell the apartment up,make sure you know and are cool with your neighbors,be careful of yearly or out of nowhere apartment inspections,make sure you dont have a fungus ex that'll snitch on ya if you break up,do nothing to draw attention to your apt.,and the golden rule,never tell anybody you know that youre growin.the amount of bud depends on too much stuff,such as lighting,strain,and how much you stress it out.just to name a few. my best suggestion would be to read through the forums and take in as much info as possible,then ask ?'s when youve had enough of reading/learning.just about any problem/question you have can be solved by either reading a thread or starting a thread and asking all the members.the best thing to do,is take a notepad and take a bunch of notes down,figure out what you need,find out the price and where youre gonna obtain the item,learn about ph and ec and see what level you want your water to be at for superior growth.find out what medium you want to use,then what system or buckets you need to use as pots.theres so much to learn as a noob that it would take me days to explain everything i know about growin to you.i knew alot before coming here,but have literally doubled,maybe even trippled my knowledge by reading through the forums and being a dedicated member to this forum. we all love this place and know you will too.i dont mean for this to be blunt,but this is what i think the welcome phrase to the forum should be "hello,welcome to marijuana passion's forum.the forum that with a little time and money,you too can be growin fat buds in no time.pull up a seat,now get ready to read and absorb all this priceless information!!!"
good luck and i hope to see you around,
-peace

yea you gotta be real carfull if you are renting and growing. ive lived a few places where the landlord thought it was perfectly fine to come in my house and try to fix things without asking. Yes that is against the law but even if your landlord breaks the law and finds your grow they can still get you in trouble even though they wern't supposed to be in your house in the first place. But the locked box is a good idea. you should also not have the lock to the box showing because that also looks suspicious. LOL a gun safe or large safe would be sweet!

yea,thats why im here all day and evening and dont have my grow room setup near the hot water heater or my elect. breakers.and i cant stress enough how important it is to have your odor under control.

I grow in my apartment im in my second season no odor control.....I smoke dank in my house all day so...meh..#1 RULE==== Dont Tell Anyone......I grow in front of elementry school havent had a problem yet ...knock on wood...If you do have a nosey landlord..do what I do keep a lock on the door and say its your roomates room.....thye shouldnt have a problem with that ....When landlords come to your apartment it usually is if its an emergency or they just want to make sure you havent torn the place apart...Havent had a inspetion in almost 2 years.....

Can be done Inky. Take a look around here it'll help. Do some searches on 'stealth', 'closet' and 'micro'. ~-:)

I would recommend going to the growroom forum and looking at some of the stealth set-ups that other members have.

There is always a serious risk of discovery if you live in a place that is not yours.

I have a similar spin to your big wooden box approach but a lot more stealth... Disguise it as a big speaker box... You can have 2-4 of the boxes and have a plant that is between 2-3 feet depending on how tall of boxes you use.... There is also a current grow i am kinda watching where they are growing in a hollowed out computer case... Look into the DIY on a computer dry box just add lights... Lots of options, just read around on training and what other people do so you can make use of your space...

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
yea,thats why im here all day and evening and dont have my grow room setup near the hot water heater or my elect. breakers.and i cant stress enough how important it is to have your odor under control.

If you need a solution to odur control look in t he do it yourself section there is a thread on how to make a somthing that works like a carbon filter but doesn't cost $100s of $.

yea,i'd definitly suggest the carbon scrubbed dltoker posted.i've heard of many members that are very satisfied w/ this scrubber.im makin two of em very soon.

Wow, lots of replies. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to help me out =]

A second option has occurred to me now. My grandparents have several acres of land and they never go out on it. No one goes back in the woods and there are a few clearings that would be perfect to grow pot on. Would this be a better idea?

If I did take that route, would you guys mind summarizing how much I'd need to be visiting my plants? They live kind of far out in the country and I would have to go do what I needed to do at night time to avoid them seeing me.

Yeah i just recently got caught growing in my apt, crazy ex called the 5-0. But funny thing is the apartments did not care at all, we actually joked about it, and they said nothing about me cutting vent holes in there walls... LOL. Maybe because one of the chicks dose nothing but flirt with me... IDK. Just be careful and read read read. Also they make little grow tents. That sounds perfect for you...

lots of people grow in apartments... just be safe and smart, and most of keep it your secret garden. theirs tons of stealth boxes to be discovered just be creative...

Here's yet another idea.

I have a relatively big closet where I don't think there's anything that any sort of maintenance guy would need to access. There is no locking mechanism on the door, but I had the idea to go out and buy a locking doorknob, replace the one that's one there (keeping it put away, to put back on later, or when I move out) and then use that closet. The problem is the closet is literally right in my living room so people may ask what's in there and ask me to show them or whatever, and also smell is an issue as there's no ventilation or way for the air to escape other than through the door (does a carbon filter solve this problem?). So my idea is to get some hanging tapestries big enough to cover the door it looks like it's a wall. That way I can pull back the tapestry, unlock the door with my key, do what I need to do, and get out.

This leaves the only problem of smell. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back