This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just awesome Rose. Putting to bed the garden is a spectacular achievement. We are working here eight hours a day and are getting it done.

The Rose is lovely. Looks fluorescent. Like your pipe too.

TC, i know you have to be pooped. I know I am. I hope you didn't get much worm. those creepy things. I will pop over and see you.

No worms, no bud rot yet and we had rain yesterday. Tarp covered the garden. The shade leaves are dying off quickly. Smoked some today and found it much better than early bud tests. Gonna sleep good tonight.

great grow rose. I wish my lady to be nearly as chunky as those i see here. i had a question. i have been growing from seed but i can never get such a bushy start. any tip for a noble noob?

I pinch the girls early and that makes multiple tops. Is that what you mean? I use a good soil. Let me know if I can help ya. Are you growing indoors or out?

So, found some mold in my LA's just a couple of hanging colas. Not sure what happened. Didn't see any worm in them.. Maybe too cool in the shed? Not all colas just a couple so far.. bummed a little.

We got some high RH the last month or so and got some legit budrot just from that. No caterpillars on them and full on mold. Bummer, but have had it worse. Didn't lose much to that. Worst this year WAS the caterpillars by far.

bummer
always sucks when a bit slips by :( -i had some make it all the way to cure jar once.. that was disastrous. make sure that don't happen ;)
likely had just a small spot starting that you missed. and cause it aint dry yet, spread.

i had a lot this year with just 1 small brown calyx.. i cut the whole chunk off not taking the chance ;)

i always like to scour them over a few times too; while cropping, chopping off stalks, and a quick glance when jarring.
my area's so wet come harvest though; there's always a lot of rot-loss.

Thanks you guys. Does a black light show mold? Do you think the shed was too cold? I am with you Kaotik, don't want any mold in my or anyone else's lungs. If in doubt i throw it out. I will check the rest of the colas today... yikes. i am a little worried. Big fat colas..

sorry to hear off your trouble rose, i'm sure a pro like you can bounce back swiftly. green mojo sent your way. and thanks for the reply, i definitly believe that was what i been missing, i'm going to grow this one as it is. and next time around i'll try to trim the top to even the colas.

Dank, i am no pro. I used to be a pro at roses but I gave that up for pot. I have at least one or two surprises with every grow. Something always happens.. I think it is like that for everyone. The first hermie threw me for a loop, the first spider mites, the first thrip, the first light mal function, the first time a light dropped on a plant...etc etc.. I just don't know if anyone ever has a grow without something happening. The good news is ya don't panic as bad as when it first happened. I guess you just get used to stuff happening.. I have lost some to mold this grow and that is a first... so there ya go, no pro, just love the plant, the dirt , the medicine i can grow. I am a happy girl.

well your understanding that anything can happen and all we can do is pick up and try again is definitely that of a pro :)
so yes indeed you are an experienced florist. n though your humbled ways will say you are no pro. to a novice like myself you will continue being a pro my dear rose. please don't cut yourself short of how great you really are.

I agree Rose, you are great. Always a helping hand. Don't know how many pages I opened here this season and seen your kind helping hand. I remember when you dropped the light on your girls, OMG!

Maybe a little fan with the kolas. Not directly on em. You know. Or clip it off the stems and set it on your screen. The stems hold the moisture in. Your right the first time is always memorable. I thought I was gonna garf first time I saw bud rot. And you don't want to get me going if mold shows up. Whole jars have to go then. I couldn't have been prouder when I smoked my first medical home grown. My plants, most of them, didn't make over three feet. Boy was that something. Early start grow if you wanna go have a laugh and giggle. The journal is here I think. I love this time of year.

I think you're a pro Rose :)

I think I have pro qualities as well, and I can say that with no ego. Be confident with yourself Rose. You can be a pro and still have bad stuff happen. :aok:

better to be thought of as pro while still new and learning.. than been doing this a while, and looking like you're still new and learning ;)
-i fit more into the latter :eek:

did ya put a little heater on in there rose? might not be a bad idea if it's pretty cool overnight.
i sometimes need to (i do my OD stuff in a garage).. and likely will before my stuff's done. was only 8 here overnight.. little chill for drying ;)

I have been missing you PP. How are things going with you? same ole stuff around here, had an big grow, last big grow...still had drama, wind, worms, mold... but we are good. Mr rb is doing well. Everyone is fine.

Tell me about you my friend.

Kaotik i have a heater in there now. Not sure what to do about the nugs, some are fine, some i don't see any mildew but don't want to take a chance. You have been a teacher of mine since i got here, thank you.

Thank you Dank, TC and DGF... I appreciate the very kind words.

Latest posts

Back