21 days into flowering. is this normal??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TITAN

Reaction score
I am 21 days into flowering and I am getting this. is this normal.
what should I do?

my full grow is below

nov. 19th 001.jpg

nov. 19th 002.jpg

nov. 19th 003.jpg

nov. 19th 004.jpg

nov. 19th 005.jpg

nov. 19th 006.jpg

Lower fan leaves will drop on a flowering plant as it gears into flower production. It is also a result of loss of Nitrogen as flowering nutes are used.

What are you using for nutes at this time?

MG bloom booster. started at about 1/4 what the box says.

that looks more like chemical burn too me id say back off the MG a bit. you said you started it on 1/4 strength but how much you using now.

also PB is right it is normal for plants to lose fans and other foliage during flower on the lower regions of the plant,but IMO and with these pics id have to lean more toward the chem burnt statement.

last time I used nutes i put in 1/2 the amount on the box. I did it 3 days ago. I won't be doing it again for another week or so.

listen to me or not... it's your choice... here's my advice...

if things started changing when u gave nutes, back off...don't stop, just slow down a little...and... things take time to adapt... just think of it this way... maybe what you did was in excess... don't cut it out completely, just lay off a bit... undrestand???

what I found is... if I started burning cuz I gave too much nutes, I would give straight water the next time, then just continue on at the strength that was too much, cuz by that time, the plant was used to it by then.

and always remember... this is a living organism....where things die off... it's natural. don't worry about things out of your control.

TITAN said:
last time I used nutes i put in 1/2 the amount on the box. I did it 3 days ago. I won't be doing it again for another week or so.

I plan on using the same nutes, and it says to only apply once every two weeks. I know its crazy tempting to try to push your plants and apply more often, but its not worth it, it just causes burn and lower yields

ok.. I am now 24 days into flowering and my plants look worse. I watered today for the first time in 4 days or so. I haven't applied nutes in about a week. what should I do, or is this normal. I know in flowering the leaves turn yellow and die, but this bad. it almost seems I need to add nutes so they have Nitro.

also, the single leaf just fell off. is that bad? and can I use it as a clone. the leaf itself is dry and dead but the stem is still green and moist and alive.

all advise appreciated.

nov 21st 2007 001.jpg

nov 21st 2007 002.jpg

nov 21st 2007 003.jpg

nov 21st 2007 004.jpg

nov 21st 2007 005.jpg

nov 21st 2007 006.jpg

Flush your plants..

and no more NUTES..

and if you do nute.. give 1/4 strength

BTW: what kind of soil are you using?? Let me guess: Miracle grow
timed released nutes that feeds for 9 months..??? close?

If so .. you will have host of other problems..
no way to control the nutes..which are released by watering..

well, like I said, I haven't used nutes in 4-5 days and I already use 1/4 - 1/2 strength. and yes I use MG oraganic potting soil. I have read many successfull grows that use it.

also, I was told even though mg has time release nutes, it's not enough to sustain the plants through flowering. but, we will see. i am not going to add nutes for awhile. but, can plants also dry out and die or curl and turn yellow if they don't have enough nutes and the plant is taking the needed nutes from the leaves.

PH????
soil?
nutes going in?
and runoff?

I am not sure my PH. iuse water water from my tap but I let it sit for 2 days prior. that is suppose to level out the PH.

I am using Orangic choice MG potting soil
I am using MG bloom booster. has added any for 5 days or so.

no I do not have any run of. should I?

how much water am I really suppsoe to give them, I give them about a cup every 3-4 days. is that right?

Try giving them water every other day, I water mine every day and mine are doing great. I'm very pleased. I also use MG Organic. I started their first pot in the MG timed release for 3 months then the transplants i went to the organic. It's my way of a booster in the beginning but allows me to control it later in growth due to the lack of nutes in the organic. I also use the bat guano because it's kind of hard to burn them with **** if you know what i mean. Thats just my thought.

when I water, I only wet the the top a bit. am I suppose to wet the whole top soil so it can soak through. I have never done that. I water about a cup each and the next day they seem bone dry. even 1-2 inches under. should I add more water when I do water.

plus, I just noticed, I have root at the top of my soil. I was feeling the soil for dampness and at about a couple cm under are roots. I can actually pull them ( I didn't really pull though ) and they can stretch out 3 inches above the soil if I straighten them out.

please advise

cover those roots with soil, give it a good topping of soil and I water only 400ml of water a day

ok. how many ml are in 1 cup. lol I water with 1 cup every 3-4 days for each plant. the top soil barely gets soaked though. about half of the top soils gets wet and soil is completely dry by end of next day. even 2 in under. is the normal

I dont remember, I used a easuring cup, then poured the water into another cup and marked the cup to see how full it should be every time.

also pour the water around the base of the plant, dont pour it around the outer edges because if you do the water goes down the side of the container and doesnt water the main roots.

by only watering the top it does not give a chance for the roots to spred through the pot thus provoking groth it makes the roots turn towards the top and choke eachother water till you se drippes from bottom then stop check weight when that has been done and every couple days do so has work for me hus many many time and great grows and great yeilds and better groth!!

sorry i did not no u already fixed ur plant i thought the pick with the dead leefs was from today lol

Latest posts

Back