25 year smoker, 1st time grower!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dorkvan420

Reaction score
:eek:Hello all, and may I say what a great site!!
Been silently active and a smoker for many years(25+ years), tried growing some stash seeds, but never successful or serious enough.
Well now is the time, I have the time, and some resources and equipment.
I am mainly doing indoor to start, get some girls going right, then get some outdoor going as well, I have a few acres to find some sites to get a garden going!!
Currently have 3 Shiva Skunk clones becoming mothers, as they are all fem's and healthy, although they were left outside to fend for themselves for a few months, and went into flowering, but I am currently reverting them back into veg. to take cuttings in a month, all 3 are in 4 gal soil.
I also got some Aurora Indica seeds, started 8, sprouted 8, now onto veg./flower for sexing and true mother selection.Then more cloning and so on.......as is with the 4 out of 5 FS (Free Seed) sent with my AI order above, all sprouted but 1.And then there is also the "stash seed" I got from some good herb a grower had at discount, and some had some seed from the breeding program he had going, I'll someday remember the strain, not concerned until I flower them, then I'll determine all my flowering cycles and what i have to work with.
I am in a temp area until I finish obtaining my materials for my unattached agricultural building grow space/room, and then reset up with 1000w lights and the whole shabang.....right now just a switchable digital 400w MH/HPS set up, with 2 - 6 plant tubs, all organic soil grow.And then the 3 SS clones in their own 3 gal. containers organic as well!!
Ok so that is my ramblings, any help suggestions and such I am sure will be answered by all the cool folks here, so thanks ahead of time, and until i thank you all again for all your help and such!!
So heres to growin in the foothills of California!!!!:D:D
dorkvan420

A lot of us here have arrived at the same place. Kids gone, finally got a few bucks left over at the end of the month, wised up over the years. I was like you also in that I'd done some guerilla grows outside but never took it that seriously either. Now I got a stealth room full of white widow and crystal. I'm due any day now. Feels really, really good. You know where you're going--that puts you way ahead in the learning curve. Luck and peace at you.

A lot of us here have arrived at the same place. Kids gone, finally got a few bucks left over at the end of the month, wised up over the years.

Do I, by any chance, detect a couple more OldHippes/RecentlyRetired Old Farts?

Well ,me...unless retiring at 39 is the new thing ...not sure it is.....thats not me, but hippie is for sure in my blood, and very open-minded(do what you want, dont hurt others unless necessary, and let others do as they please in the same manner/gesture)....I have some years left before I'll be retiring for sure.
No I just cant afford the prices anymore, I want control over what i smoke, and I am self-employed and trying to start up my farm as well, but am managing to find time to get this done, and hopefully with help of others, and my labor it will be successful!!:D

Hey dude dont feel bad 52 here and just starting to learn ! LOL I started some plants using fluresent lights , and am learning . learned quick they grow much better with large containers. no doubt a better lighting system is my next step . think I will be asking advice in this regard ?
suppliers ? best bang for your $ just a closet space

wmmeyer said:
Do I, by any chance, detect a couple more OldHippes/RecentlyRetired Old Farts?

Right there with you, but everyone I know thinks I've been semi-retired most of my life. In reality, I've got the best part time job in town.

Welcome to MP hope you love your growing, its very liberating to produce premo headstash, I hope you enjoy your time here.

dorkvan420 said:
Well ,me...unless retiring at 39 is the new thing ...not sure it is.....thats not me, but hippie is for sure in my blood, and very open-minded(do what you want, dont hurt others unless necessary, and let others do as they please in the same manner/gesture)....I have some years left before I'll be retiring for sure.
No I just cant afford the prices anymore, I want control over what i smoke, and I am self-employed and trying to start up my farm as well, but am managing to find time to get this done, and hopefully with help of others, and my labor it will be successful!!:D

Yo, I understand right where you're coming from. 60 years old here, lost my job about a year and a half ago for health reasons (of a mental variety - It just doesn't seem to me that there should be any problem telling your boss he's a jerk and offering to smack him around a little, if he really is a jerk.:confused2: ). Got another year and a half before my Social Security kicks in, so living off the wife's income at the moment. Seems like the perfect point in my life to revert to my childhood and old hippie ways. And then I stumble across this forum!!! Life really IS a bowl of cherries. :watchplant:

Latest posts

Back