3 leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarmToTable

Reaction score
One of my seeds sprouted 3 of the first little round leaves, then it's first set of true leaves had 3, and it's growing its second set which also had 3. Is this common? Only ever seen 2. :icon_smile:

it's fairly common and will prolly be seen more and more with bottlenecking of genetics.

Yup I sees it time and gain just go fur the ride and hopin it to be a good one ;)

BWD

That is a genetic anomaly that occurs sometimes. I don't think it is detrimental to the plant but could signal genetic weakness. I wouldn't worry too much about it but watch for future signs of problems that could occur. :)

you will be fine..every one these Ive had grew out the 3fer..and had like 7 by time sex was shown...

:48:

The Hemp Goddess said:
I have found most of them to be male.

Really? Huh. Wonder what and why there would be a correlation between genetic fluke/ flaw and sex. We will see I guess. That seems a bit odd though that they would be related no? I breed dairy cows and work actively in genetics/ genomics. Sometimes you get a heifer with 5 or 6 teats ( 2 extra), but has absolutely zero effect on the end phenotype. Could it just b a female with 3 leaves?

Yes, it could be a female with 3 leaves. However, of all the 3 leafed plants that I have had, all have been male. There is a name for this anomoly, but I can never remember it.

NuggetHunterMan said:
whorled phyllotaxy?

Careful pilgrem how much yual be drinkin but ifin yual need one us to order yual a Taxi we can figure it out fur ya cause yur slurrin might fearc ;)

BWD

FarmToTable said:
Interesting! We'll see.

Yeah..:watchplant:..I remember most mine to be Male as well...and who dont like a 3 some:hubba:

Latest posts

Back