300w CFL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenMachine90

Smokin' Good ; )
Reaction score
ok just went up to my local lowes and picked up a 300w cfl puts off about 3500 lumens, anyone else ever see one this big lol cost was 18 us dollars

0210091752.jpg

:eek: 300 watts at only 3500 lumens isnt very good.

One 300 watt cfl= 3500 lumens
or
Two 42 watt cfl's@ 2700 lums= 5400 lumens

My T5 is 324 watts @ 30,000 lumens

I seen that the other day,,and ran from it.

hmm didn't no that, thank you, i figure though i have 2 42 and a 300 i should be good till i get my hps in a week or two you think?

GreenMachine90 said:
hmm didn't no that, thank you, i figure though i have 2 42 and a 300 i should be good till i get my hps in a week or two you think?

Bro,,I hope ya dont get mad at me ,,but thats way to much of a waste of watts,(Electricity) for those Lums. If I were you I would just use the 2 42 watters. Thats over 5000 lumens. Should be fine untill your HID gets in.

yeah i got some 30 watters at lowes that put out 2035 lumens each.Each one cost under $3. I use about 5 of these.

GreenMachine90 said:
ok just went up to my local lowes and picked up a 300w cfl puts off about 3500 lumens, anyone else ever see one this big lol cost was 18 us dollars

Sure thats not the equivalent wattage?

Here is 105 watt CFL thats 6900 lumens
hxxp://www.1000bulbs.com/105-Watt-Compact-Fluorescent/31295/

and cowboy i would never get mad at you, ive learned so much from your grows and everyone elses on here i dont think i could get mad at anyone for telling the RIGHT things

GreenMachine90 said:

You'll be fine after you get the HPS.

I would not recommend you keep them under flouros for more than three weeks.

that's a big lightbulb ;) $18 doesn't seem worth it for the light output though, you can get yourself some of those Y jointed light socket adaptors, and put 2 100 watt CFL's in the same socket, and get 5600 lumens for roughly $3 a lightbulb (or if you can find them on sale, even cheaper, i picked up a 12 pack of 100 watt CFL's for 8 bucks). Either way, imagine putting those huge CFL's in the Y sockets.....can we say....bright light! bright light!

just to keep it honest, I typod, it's not 5600 it's 5400 lumens for 2 of 'em :holysheep: lol sorry about that for anyone that caught it

The Effen Gee said:
You'll be fine after you get the HPS.

I would not recommend you keep them under flouros for more than three weeks.

Hey! that sucks....i grow entirely under flouros....for now ;) I get a decent yield, ATM I'm flowering a almost 4' end to end, 3.5' tall, and 3' wide plant under a gang of flouro tubes and CFL's....it seems to be doing ok, but they've been under 'em for longer than 3 weeks heheh

Mind you....I suck up more power than a electric vampire..But my power bill hovers around $80 a month depending on if i leave the rest of the lights in the house on.

I also use Floras,,but my grow is small and personal. I got a very very good deal on my T5's (30,000 lumens);) Im happy with my smoke. Yes I could get more Bud with HPS,,but I dont wanna spend anymore money,,and Im happy with MY SMOKE,,cause I dont have ta buys it no more.:hubba:

GreenMachine90 said:

what brand is that greenmachine and any way u could get a picture of the box it came in?

Also the other guy above me who said he has 100 watt cfls that he puts in the y adapters and gets 5600 lumens somthign isnt right there a 42 wat cfl puts out 2700 so 100 watt one should more powerful then what u say it is unless when ur talking 100 watts u mean it replaces a 100 watt bulb and its a 26 wat cfl and if that is the case please tell me where to find 26 watt cfls that throw out 2800 lumens cause i have 26 one's myself and the highest i found was 1700 lumens;).Not tryign to bash or insult anyone just done tons of homework on CFL'S if i had it to do again and the money i would go with t5's like cowboy :)

I use and have a 6500k cfl that is a 42 watt/300 watt that I think gives off 4700 lumens or 4300 lumens, works great in my little veg box.

I read the box...it puts 150 watt of light (supposidly) and is 2700 lumens, it's been about 3 months since I bought 'em, so I was just trying to remember it all off the top of my head, it's a 42 watt light though.

Warning: Marijuana and vicodin = short term memory loss problems like whoah hehehe

after a quick calculation of the lumen output i've got, it's 37600 for a 4' long 3.5' wide 4' tall area. The box is lined with mylar, and I've got 4" vents with computer fans on the ends, one intake, one output, and a small aucilating fan to circulate the air inside the grow tent. Its not the optimum light output for that sized space, but hey, its not like i'm growing to do anything other than medicate myself. I am constantly saving money to add more lighting. I'll be buying a HPS myself soon, got my eye on a real nice 1000 watter. Wal-Mart budgets really suck.

GreenMachine90 said:

I'm guessing you mean 300 watts equivalent. You can get that many lumens with the 2 of the cheapo 100 watt equivalent, 26 watt actual bulbs with 1700 lumens per bulb. You can buy a pack of 3 for $7 or so.

Latest posts

Back