400w hps or 2ft 4 bulb T5 Fluorescent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
141820 said:
They claim they are 2,000 a peice at 4 bulbs.

Check these out--hXXp://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=51907

Two foot 2 tube fixtures that put out 10,000 lumens for $70.

I'd go with the HPS in there. If you decide to go the T5 route though make sure you research them good. I found out the hard way that all "HO" T5's are not created equally. I bought one from Hydro-Farm a 2' 4 bulb deal that said High Output. After getting it all set-up I didn't think it was bright enough so I posted a question here about it only to find out that my High Output, is not as high as others. I did have my 400w switchable in there and thought it was overkill for my application, that was the reason for switching. My 400w is being used much more eficiently next to my 600w in the flower room. But now thanks to my mistake my veg room is not getting the 3000 lumens/2ft that it should. Well it is but I had to hang a couple CFL bulbs in there to get it there, and bring temps up to where I needed them.

So just make sure you get the right t5's if you decide to go that route.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Check these out--hXXp://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=51907

Two foot 2 tube fixtures that put out 10,000 lumens for $70.

Following THG, I bought 2 of these. Glad I did.:D

Lots of lumens for little $$$, bulbs are cheap,~$15/2, compared to a lot of T5HO bulbs, and the heat is nothing compared to my 400w HPS.

To me, it seems the best deal going as far as T5 set ups go. Be sure to check it out.

DD

Latest posts

Back