7thG's Northern Lights Micro Cabinet Grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed parts of my plant are looking up towards the light so hopefully that is a good sign. If I lose both sides of the split, I lose my whole plant.

Im worried because one side seems alive but the other side seems a little slow to search for the light. This plant is my pride and joy but I guess since I didn't switch to 12/12 yet I could take a couple more clones if I lose hope.

There is some pruning spray that you can buy from the gardening store if you have one near you. Or you can use bee's wax to encapsulate the damage so that it doesn't bleed. Make sure you support both branches so that it doesn't break further and it should be fine. I had one do the same exact thing and I used bee's wax and supported it and it didn't miss a beat :)

Hushpuppy said:
There is some pruning spray that you can buy from the gardening store if you have one near you. Or you can use bee's wax to encapsulate the damage so that it doesn't bleed. Make sure you support both branches so that it doesn't break further and it should be fine. I had one do the same exact thing and I used bee's wax and supported it and it didn't miss a beat :)

Ok thanks I will visit them tomorrow and see what they recommend. The break was clean and it seems dry now. However, I am getting concerned because one side seems slow to respond. The other side is already growing. The break seems even to me though so I don't know. Right now I am not sure if I should just leave it tied town or try to patch it up. As is it's not going to get worse. And I don't think joining them is possible anymore.

Can rockwool substitute cotton swabs?

Duct tape? That's what I'd do. Works for trees and extreme super crops.

Yeah I actually got a brand new roll of Gorilla Tape the other day.

no you want the gauze that you can wrap 5 or 6 time to protect the plant from the adhesive on the tape. If you can get grafters' tape at a garden or hydro store is best

Yes, if you plant on removing the tape, make sure to put something between the sticky part, and the plant. Heck, do that anyways, I do. (Thanks for mentioning Ozzy, I had forgot that part)

:aok:

update
I didn't protect my plants from the adhesive I started working on it before I read your comments.
I took two clones from the branches that got a little banged up during the process. These won't be going into 12/12 I just want to grow them out. These clones are much smaller younger branches than I would have choosen myself but it was either this or the garbage for them. My other clones are on their third day of 12/12. I just use and empty cardboard box for there dark period.

During all my test runs with the HPS the heat was a real problem but it's working great now. I guess having a fan blowing air on it makes a big difference. I'm also pumping AC into the space. Previoulsy I had it behind my intake fan but I didn't like my plants being hit directly with it so now I have it up top just to cool the light. I think my plants are really liking it and it is real nice to not have to fool around with CFL's almost on a daily basis anymore. I think it is more than enough light but I am not going to lie I want to try to squeeze a 250 watt in there.

IMG_3131.JPG

IMG_3138.JPG

IMG_3139.JPG

IMG_3140.JPG

ozzydiodude said:
Green Mojo

Thanks Ozzy! And thanks for the help with my hurt plant.

My plants are responding really well to the HPS. Much more penetration into the canopy. My large plant that I successfully trained is loving it. I have it opened up so the light is pretty much hitting the entire plant. The extra fan* is helping too. I think I am noticing a little bit of stretch though. I think now that I have beefed up my system my plants will really start to grow out so I have decided it is time for 12/12. I planned on waiting for a couple more weeks but unless I buy a tent it doesn't look feasible.

As it sits my cabinet is not 100% light proof. I think I am going to add some more weather stripping and I was designing some inner flaps in my head I might try. I am going to hook up my 4" fan and see if I can keep the temps down without the ac. And I'm going to see if I can close it without the temps skyrocketing. Going to have a lot of work to do over the next week. I think I will start my plants dark period with the cardboard box method and use the 12 hours to get a lot done. It definitely will not be a permanent solution however because I really want to maintain ventilation even with lights off.

:icon_smile:

*I posted a picture of this fan a couple days ago. I highly recommend it to anyone in the market for this type of fan. It cost me about 15$ at Staples. It moves a good bit of air and is completely silent.

Well I am on my 3rd day of 12/12 and I must admit at first it seems as if they were doing good almost charged by the darkness. Now, the plant that recently sustained the fracture is not looking too good. Really droopy almost dead looking. The pot was really dry though so I'm praying this feeding will help. Im glad I took clones but considering 4 out of 6 of my clones are in 12/12 I only really have 2. And they are both from my dying plant so I might take one more from my other plant before it is too late just in case.

In the future I will definitely be soaking my rockwool cubes in a nutrient solution not bottled water. Major yellowing in my 12/12 clones. Not on the ones I soaked in Big Bloom.

hey 7thg is see your getting things on track. i have humidity probs to still working on mine.

On my 3rd or 4th day of flowering.
Plants seem to be recovering.
Lost a lot of lower foliage. My belief is that intake temps were too low.
I tightened the strings on my trained plant, but had to train a branch back away from my fan.
I have a string tied to the door hinge I can use to turn my fan so its blowing the air from the bulb out of the cabinet. I am not sure what works better. Right now I have it just blowing on the bulb.
Plants are really getting big. I am going to have to do more training to limit the clutter.
I have had my fan blowing air directly onto my plants but now that I am letting the temps in the room drop to compensate for the HPS heat I am going to have to figure something else out. I think it is killing my leaves. I might position it so it is right above the canopy. The other fan will remain where it is.

I have 2 gallons mixed up at the moment. One has 2.5 tblsp Grow Big, 3 tblsp Big Bloom, and 1/2 tblsp Open Sesame. My other one has 2 tblsp Tiger Bloom, 3 tblsp Big Bloom, 1/2 tblsp Open Sesame. Im saving this one until I see some flowers.

Hopefully either my plants or my clones will show sex soon.

IMG_3176.JPG

IMG_3177.JPG

IMG_3178.JPG

IMG_3180.JPG

IMG_3181.JPG

IMG_3182.JPG

IMG_3183.JPG

IMG_3184.JPG

IMG_3185.JPG

IMG_3187.JPG

I think in the future I will take one picture of my plants in the cabinet and the rest I will take them out for. The HPS light is ruining my pictures!

It's really nice having 12 hours a day that I can use to work on my cabinet. Having 24/0 lighting for almost 2 months straight caused me to fall behind on a lot of the things I had planned to do to my cabinet. Today I got a little done though. I have about 2 hours left to work with so I can easily finish my ventilation if I stick to it. So far I am really happy with how it's shaping up. I did a little test run which left me with no doubt that my exhaust will easily keep my cabinet cool. I would really like to get a speed controller for my fan but I do not think they are compatible with my Hydrofarm centrifugal fan.

I had to tear down my fan because somehow the blades where off balance. A little tinkering and tightening of a couple bolts and she is purring once again. I added Gorilla tape just to keep things as efficient as possible. FYI Gorilla tape has to be one of my best purchases in a while. I just cannot stop finding things to tape lol. I also added tape to the flanges just to make sure there are no leaks. I was surprised to see that the 4'' hole in my cabinet is larger then my 4'' flange. But, that is not exactly a bad thing. Used my dremel to cut out a square in my drawer to open up a space to run the ducting. All the major work is done now I just need to connect some ducting and figure out how I want to position my fan, and I'm done for the day!

I'm not really sure what I will use it for but today at The Home Depot I picked up a green CFL. I'm going to keep it just in case I need to do some light out work.

IMG_3190.JPG

IMG_3193.JPG

IMG_3198.JPG

IMG_3196.JPG

IMG_3199.JPG

IMG_3189.JPG

Thats a pretty cool setup man...I dig it.

If it were not a stealth job I would want more airflow, with that said....I have nothing to add...GJ and mojo to you

LOL CRAP, for some reason the pics of the blower didnt load until I refreshed manually......disregard airflow comment!!!! (All I saw was the computer fans!)

Latest posts

Back