A Tribute to Harry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sad when you lose a pet that were obviously soo happy with you both.
T4

My condolences to bouth of you. For sure our dogs are family. Time heals and getting another dog will help. There's great dogs at the dog pound just full of love waiting to be adopted.

im sorry for your loss THG and Mom, i dont want to think about loosing my best bud he turned 10 dec 22 poor old guy is getting up there hes a mini pincher/chawawa mix, Mom have her ashes turned into a dimond they do that now

So sorry to read of THG and SM both losing their faithful canine friends! :(

So sad to hear of both your losses SM and THG.

This year has been hard on losing dogs, my best friend lost hers and she was devastated. I sure feel sad for both of you.

THG, I had a dog once, amazed when I saw your Harry, she looked so like Harry. I lost her the way you gained Harry, the she preferred the neighbor to us and they kept her and we were okay with that, though it was hard. She just had more fun there with a constant companion of a male shepperd.

Take care ladies.

Awww I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been lucky with a couple of years in a row of a healthy happy family. Sometimes I scoop them up and sit and tell them each the story of the days they came into my life, like a mommy would tell a child about the day they were born. They don't have to understand. They pick up on the joy in my heart. I'm telling them to remind myself so I'll remember these times after they're gone.

Thanks for telling us the story about your Harry. He sure had a great face :) and very good taste in Moms :). xox

sorry to hear about harry thg lost my beat friend awhile back she got hit by a taxi driving way to fast. i hope that you will get a anthoer best friend to help u out

Thank you all for your thoughts. I am fortunate that I do still have 2 other dogs to love. Sassy is a 13 year old border collie cross that was part of an abandoned litter. She was about 12 weeks when I got her. I also have an 11 year old Corgi, Cassie (she came named, it's an accident that they rhyme). I got her as a rescue dog when she was a year old. She got diabetes about 3 years ago and although completely blind and relying on 2 shots a day to live, she continually amazes me with her tenacity.

OHC, I talk to my dogs like that. I really believe that they understand. Cassie has to go everywhere with me as she requires meals at certain times, regular exercise, and 2 shots a day on a fairly strict time frame. I had been leaving my other 2 dogs at home with a friend to look after them when I was gone. But when my dog sitter told me how unhappy both dogs were when I left, I started taking them with me, too. OHC, I sit down and talk to my dogs in the same way you do. I told Sassy that I wouldn't leave her again...when I went somewhere I would take her if I could. I know she understood--she looked me straight in the eyes and licked my cheek. I love all my dogs and cannot imagine my life without a dog in it.

My friends seem assured that somewhere down the road, another dog that needs a loving home will find me, as they seem to do. I told someone one time that I didn't want to be known as the "crazy dog lady" and they told me it was too late :giggle: Aren't dogs just the greatest!

This is my little Corgi--I need to dig up a picture of my Sassy girl.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=87913&d=1226525770

Cassie is a lucky girl. I think i better come live with you, i need walked and food on a schedule too.. Lucky dogs and lucky us that we have them!

Latest posts

Back