adjusting ph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sin inc

eastside greenxpert
Reaction score
ok guy i was thinking my if water starts at 7.0 ph and i add the ferts and it goes down to 5.5 ph. cant i up the ph to around 9.0 before i add my nutes. so that way when i add my nutes the ph should drop to 6.0

5.5 pH is a great starting pH for hydro.

I start mine at 5.5 to 5.6 and let it drift up

Don't add ph products before mixing nutes.

Let the buffers do their job. I have a write up somewhere...

Anyway, let nutes buffer and the solution sit and bubble for 8-12 hrs before even checking ph.

It should be spot on for hydro if you mixed the nutes strong enough. Ph to low= nutes to strong ph to high= nutes mixed weak.

Only add ph up or down if you have to, this will prevent sharp rise and fall later down the road.

5.8 is a sweet spot, but let it drift from 5.4-5.5 up to around 6.1-6.2 then ph back.

I never ever add ph adjusters before adding the nutrients and letting them sit for a bit. From what you just typed it sounds like your ph is at a perfect starting point for hydro. 5.5 and let it drift upwards towards 6 before resetting it to 5.5 again. This way you make all of the goodies available to your plants. jmo

Latest posts

Back