adopting a dog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanchez

Reaction score
I'm really torn about a decision everyone. My friend found a dog in the street, he was beat up and not looking good, and his hipbone is broken. She's taking care of him for the time being but already has a dog.

I've always thought about getting a dog but since I travel and live so carefree I'm torn about this decision. This particular dog is older ~ 6-7 years, and big. I work all day but could also work half days from home so that's not much of an issue. I'm just so scared of commitments.

THe deal though, is that if I don't take him, no one else will. Everyone wants younger smaller dogs, not older ones who've been out in the street. I feel like I'm his only hope. I need him too, for companionship and protection, but have never adopted an older dog. Does anyone have any advice?

Not sure what to tell ya sanchez other than do what you think is best for you and the dog. ;)

dude let me tell you, adopted pets are usually the best for many reasons.

im a firm beleiver in helping strays or beaten discarded dogs as its ******* horrible.. i've had a few in my time an let me tell you, there always the nicest tempered, most appreciative dogs ive ever encountered.

what kind of dog is it?

man i just sold my share in pit bull kennels we usto sell puppies for $5000 and up
and thesame people will bring them a year or 2 later and pay anothe $500 to give them away . ok lets stay on subject i think you should addopt a dog couse they really now situation they in and im with riz on that you not going to find pet that will appriciet you more than addopt one .

the_riz said:
dude let me tell you, adopted pets are usually the best for many reasons.

im a firm beleiver in helping strays or beaten discarded dogs as its ******* horrible.. i've had a few in my time an let me tell you, there always the nicest tempered, most appreciative dogs ive ever encountered.

what kind of dog is it?
Yeah riz is right. Street/beatent dogs are the nicest if your nice to them.:)

Latest posts

Back