Andrew Zimmern - How Bizzare Food Show

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

Whats up everyone. Hope you are all having a great weekend. Anyway have any of you ever watched a show called How Bizzare hosted by Andrew Zimmern? This crazy SOB goes around the world eating just about anything he can get his hands on. Anyway just wanted to know if anyone else has watched this show before.

No, I saw the ad for it on tv, but haven't found it on a channel yet. I didn't look to see what it was on the ad. I'll let the Tivo look for his name now that you gave it to me. It sounds interesting.

Nope, just did a search for "Zimmern" and it didn't find him. Didn't find "How Bizzare" either. Are you sure about the spelling? What channel is it on? Tivo is cool, but sometimes it's hard to find stuff.

Thanks man.

Thanks man, I even looked on that and didn't find it. What time slot is it in? I'm trying to set my Tivo to record it.

Thanks man!

Thanks man! The Tivo is weird sometimes. I have to use the exact words, or it won't find it. With the time slot, it won't fail. I'm kind of a food freak. I once worked as a prep cook for a very famous chef. I'm looking forward to watching this show. Thanks for your help in finding it! I'm curious to see how much of the food he showcases is something I've eaten in my travels.

I don't know Stoney Bud this dude eats some nasty stuff. I mean he eats anything and i mean anything. Some of the crap he eats i wouldn't even think about giving to my dog. :eek:

i watched something the other day where this guy travelled the world to 'survive' and some of the things he ate were pretty nasty. At one stage he picked up a tiny live frog from the water hole and then bit its head off saying that he has to kill it in one bite or it will wriggle down his throat (why didnt he bash it on a rock first???) and then he got a turtle and said he has to pressure cook it... so he chucked it on a fire :-o

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
I don't know Stoney Bud this dude eats some nasty stuff. I mean he eats anything and i mean anything. Some of the crap he eats i wouldn't even think about giving to my dog. :eek:
Hehe, I'm gonna have to see this...

Awww Dude! Now, the show I just watched was my first one of his.

What a menu! I'll tell you what I remember and you tell me what I forgot!

First, they had some kind of river rat down in Lusanna. That guy that has the show; he's kind of whimpy. I saw him wigglin about eatin a river rat. Heck, I figger if somun else et it, I can too! Won't kill me if it din kill him!

Then the guy spent the rest of the show eatin the same damn thing we have roun here all the time! What's up wit that stuff man? I thought the guy had sommthin special!

Turns his nose up at some Mullet roe, heck, that stuff is great! The guy's a pansy! Gave it a negetive one on a one to ten. Hell, the cook musta been blind. That stuff is great man!

Now mullet crisps, or the fried tail is damn good man! Cruncy...jus like a tater chip with a little fish on it! YUM buddy!

Deep Fried Grouper Throat! Man oh Man! This guy can find em! Man, that's bar food here bouts. Good eatin.

Now I draw the line at chitlins man. The doc says I can't have em anymore. Might have to git another doc. Man, if you like deep fried chitlins, you're my kinda person man. Like I said tho, the doc, he's not too wild about em.

Dude! Gator Tail!!!! YUM YUM YUM!!!!! And the dude got to eat the wings and bigfoot! They musta liked him!!! He liked em too! That's good eatin right here in my house!

The guy had some kind of sausage from pork. Hey! I thought he was gonna do somethin new man!

I did like that bird dish he had made for him! Had a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey with the cornbread stuffin slapped on top and wrapped up nice and then cooked real good in the slow cooker outside! That thing was sliced up and looked like a Sunday feast all rolled up with different meats all in the same piece! Somkinda cool there man!

Still can't beileve the pansy don't like Mullet roe all fried up so nice! Must be a city boy!

Ok, what else.....lets see if Stoney's memory is working....

OOOOHHHHH Yeah!!!

They cooked up some racoon and possum with a little squirrel on the side! I like these folks! They have ALL the good stuff! I might have to write to him and get the address for some of these places!

If you haven't eaten racoon, you're missing out man. I like to catch em in the live trap and feed em corn for a couple of weeks. It fattens em up and gets some of the game outta em. Dude! Longside a couple of hens eggs and some grits and you got a damn good breakfast there!

Man oh man! What time is that other show you were talkin about on? You know, the one you said they had weird stuff on?

Hey, you got the channels all gaffed up and gave me a regular southern cookin show, but I sure did like what they cooked up man!!!

When you see that weird show where the guy eats stuff you wouldn't feed your dog, let me know man. I'll watch that one too and let you know what I think about it!

Thanks man!

Hey, just in case someun don't know what wings and bigfoot is on a gator, the wings are the front legs, little tiny things, but real dark meat and nice an fishy tasten. The bigfoot is just like it sounds, it's the rear legs. Nice dark meat, but not as dark as the wings. Nice light flavor. Makes me think of piece of Perch on a thin slice of beef. Really good mix of flavors.

Ya'll have a goodun now. Talkin about all this good food made my accent come back on me. Now I'm gonna talk like this for a week!

The dude missed one of the best dishes in the south man. Dillo man! We got em all over the place! We're talkin BBQ! Serious BBQ man!

You gotta try some man! Juicey and rich meat! Slidem up next to some sweet taters cooked with possum fat and you have me for dinner man!

Some corn bread next to it all and I'm in pig heaven man!

Now I'm hungry again...

Hey Stoney Bud that wasn't one of his good shows. You gotta watch it when he is in another country. :eek: I had a feeling it was gonna be weak because he was in the states. Keep watching and you'll see what i mean. ;)

Yeah I caught his show once and he had eaten "balu" form the Phillipines which is fermented duck eggs that are 18 days old and then steamed briefly, yuck! And then on to eat huge larvae after being cooked with rice and some seasonings. He has bigger b**** than I do when it comes to the things he's eaten. The funny thing is he tries to be nice when he's telling someone that the food tastes like crap. They say, "don't knock it til ya try it".

Hey Stoney Bud that wasn't one of his good shows. You gotta watch it when he is in another country. :eek: I had a feeling it was gonna be weak because he was in the states. Keep watching and you'll see what i mean. ;)
Man, that *was* a great show! The dude made me seriously hungry!

I've got the Tivo set to record him every time!

Hey Stoney Bud did ya get a chance to check out the show the other night? I can't believe that ever since i told ya to check out the show they have been some what lame. They need to get over in them weird countries again because they eat some weird stuff. We will have to see what he has in store for us next week. :p

Yeah buddy! I set the tivo to record it every time! The last show was filled with stuff I LOVE!!!

Meat pies, cockles, the seaweed dish, pigeon, haggis, eel, man oh man!

I'm sending a letter to this guy and offer to go with him!

This guy eats just like I do! I love trying new stuff.

Tried sheep eyes once and fish eyes too. Neither was very good. The fish eyes were the best of the two.

Dude! Thanks for turning me on to this show!

I have watched andrew zimmern's how bizzare from the first show and it is sweet. I have also traveled around the world for business and have tried many bizzare foods myself.

Hey Stoney Bud did ya catch his last show? Tell ya what man that Guinea Pig sure looked good. :eek:

guinea-pig-0003.jpg

Cuy%20(guinea%20pig).jpg

Hey Stoney Bud did ya catch his last show? Tell ya what man that Guinea Pig sure looked good. :eek:
Ha! I haven't seen it yet. It's on too late for me. I recorded it though. I'll be watching it tonight.

Latest posts

Back