Andrew Zimmern - How Bizzare Food Show

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! The dude cracks me up when he gags over something. I've eaten foods from all over the world. I've tried a lot of the things he's eating. He did have one point; He has a Western Stomach and should not try some of the local fresh water dishes. The natives are sometimes immune to the parasitical action. Westerners usually aren't. I've eaten local for many months in many of the countries I've traveled in. It's sometimes rough at first, but I really miss some of the more weird things that turned out to be very good.

Guinea Pig is a standard. As is Armadillo in some parts of the world.

Good stuff. Made for a BBQ.

I'm serious, I'm going to write this dude and ask him if he wants a sidekick. I'll eat the things he won't. Hahahahaa. Some things....I do draw the line.

Rooster gonads? Hmmmmm, I'll have to pass.

Raw pig gonads? Hmmmmm, I'll have to pass.

I'm just not a gonad eaten dude, man.

I'm still waiting for him to try one of my favorites. Rattler BBQ.

I'm talking seriously good. Beats out pork.

Ha! Bro's Grunt, you found me a serious munchie program!

Thanks guys!

About Armadillo...

It's the only known creature on the planet that is a natural carrier of leprosy.

No kiddin.

Of course, once that puppy has reached 165 degrees F, any of the virus is dead and well done.

It's the animals mucus membrane that carry the virus. Nose, mouth, intestinal track. Most of that is washed, discarded and if not, then well cooked.

Great meat for a sandwich. Some spicy mustard.....peppers....

Oh yeah.

Make sure you cook your Armadillo very well. Wash your hands after handling it raw.

I can't wait to see what this dude has on next.

No kiddin man. I cranked open a can of eel and mixed it with some rice and peppers just now...you guys make me hungry.

One of the coolest things in Germany is at the carnaval, sometimes, there are games that you can play where the prize is a big piece of BBQ or Deep Fried eel. Awesome good stuff.

Bro's Grunt; this is one cool show man.

Did you see the show on Asia?

It's the starter show for the series.

The Tivo got it. Awesome chow! A few too many bugs in dishes, but hey, if someone else at the table eats the thing; I'll give it a go. Anyone who has eaten a smoked oyster can't complain about texture.

stoney im definately with you on the rattler BBQ...definately better than pork...IHOP should add it to their menu...2 eggs hash browns and grilled diamondback...talk about the breakfast of champions

Stoney Bud said:
Awww Dude! Now, the show I just watched was my first one of his.

What a menu! I'll tell you what I remember and you tell me what I forgot!

First, they had some kind of river rat down in Lusanna. That guy that has the show; he's kind of whimpy. I saw him wigglin about eatin a river rat. Heck, I figger if somun else et it, I can too! Won't kill me if it din kill him!

Then the guy spent the rest of the show eatin the same damn thing we have roun here all the time! What's up wit that stuff man? I thought the guy had sommthin special!

Turns his nose up at some Mullet roe, heck, that stuff is great! The guy's a pansy! Gave it a negetive one on a one to ten. Hell, the cook musta been blind. That stuff is great man!

Now mullet crisps, or the fried tail is damn good man! Cruncy...jus like a tater chip with a little fish on it! YUM buddy!

Deep Fried Grouper Throat! Man oh Man! This guy can find em! Man, that's bar food here bouts. Good eatin.

Now I draw the line at chitlins man. The doc says I can't have em anymore. Might have to git another doc. Man, if you like deep fried chitlins, you're my kinda person man. Like I said tho, the doc, he's not too wild about em.

Dude! Gator Tail!!!! YUM YUM YUM!!!!! And the dude got to eat the wings and bigfoot! They musta liked him!!! He liked em too! That's good eatin right here in my house!

The guy had some kind of sausage from pork. Hey! I thought he was gonna do somethin new man!

I did like that bird dish he had made for him! Had a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey with the cornbread stuffin slapped on top and wrapped up nice and then cooked real good in the slow cooker outside! That thing was sliced up and looked like a Sunday feast all rolled up with different meats all in the same piece! Somkinda cool there man!

Still can't beileve the pansy don't like Mullet roe all fried up so nice! Must be a city boy!

Ok, what else.....lets see if Stoney's memory is working....

OOOOHHHHH Yeah!!!

They cooked up some racoon and possum with a little squirrel on the side! I like these folks! They have ALL the good stuff! I might have to write to him and get the address for some of these places!

If you haven't eaten racoon, you're missing out man. I like to catch em in the live trap and feed em corn for a couple of weeks. It fattens em up and gets some of the game outta em. Dude! Longside a couple of hens eggs and some grits and you got a damn good breakfast there!

Man oh man! What time is that other show you were talkin about on? You know, the one you said they had weird stuff on?

Hey, you got the channels all gaffed up and gave me a regular southern cookin show, but I sure did like what they cooked up man!!!

When you see that weird show where the guy eats stuff you wouldn't feed your dog, let me know man. I'll watch that one too and let you know what I think about it!

Thanks man!

Dude... beef, pork, chicken... a lil duck... thatsabout it for food groups man lol all that other stuff you mentioned is called amimals.

I've been dying to try some bear for the longest time...And I have a ton of rabbits out in my yard...And after watching Survivor Man when he snares a rabbit and eats it...I'm getting pretty tempted to give it a try. I'm sure it would make a delicious stew. I've also always wanted to try rattle snake. You guys are only making me want to try it even more. I've always wondered what alligator would be like...In my mind it tastes pretty good. I just wish there were places around me that served up these dishes!

LaserK, when you're ready to eat one of those rabbits, you let me know and I'll tell you in a PM how to clean it and prep it for eating.

Rattler, you can buy from http://exoticmeats.com/store/index.php

I'll tell you how to prepare it too when you get some.

Gator tastes like mild fish with a pork texture. Very good. You can buy that at the same place.

Yum!

Bear would disappoint you. It's not that good. It's tough. It's greasy. Pretty much starvation food. Not bad jerky however, if seasoned right. Hell, jerky is tough anyway.

Man, I'm serious. This guy eats good! This show was in Morocco. For those of you that are geographically challenged, it's in the upper left of the African coast.

The guy visited several markets and a couple of villages.

Here's the menu of dishes he ate:

* Mashwi (whole roasted lamb) -- ear, cheek, tongue, eyeball
I've had cheek and eyeball. Cheek is great. Eyeball is so so.

* Snails
Snails are just good. Damn good! I've had them in several countries.

* Calf’s tongue
This is pretty good. I've had it several ways. Sliced thin and eaten rolled with cheese is a good way.

* Cow’s heart
Pretty ordinary. A little tough, but ok.

* Stuffed pancreas
I've never had it. It looked good.

* Moroccan tea
Very good stuff.

* K'lia - (salted, dried mystery meat preserved in its own fat)
Never had it. Smelled it once. No thanks.

* Tagine with chicken (roasted meat cooked in conical pot)
Chicken stew.

* Marges sausage
Real good and prolly one of the worst foods you can eat, health wise.

* Kefta (spiced lamb meatballs)
Awesome good! With wild rice, it's really, really good.

* Lamb kidneys
Never had em.

* Cuttlefish
Oh yeah. Good if cooked on an open fire until crisp.

* Stingray
Very good. Not too good the way he ate it, but if I cooked it for him, he'd never want it any other way.

* Whole sardines (including the heads)
Ha! Very good snack! The heads are crunchy and crisp! Real good!

* Tagine with goat
Good, but goat isn't one of my favorites.

*Breewats (pastries filled with chicken and vegetables)
Oh man, these puppies are awesome good. A place near me serves them.

* Pastilla (pigeon pie)
Pretty good. Not a favorite, but good.

*Poached calf’s brains
Never had em poached. I've had them fried with eggs. Not bad. Kind of bland but very rich. Also one of the worst things you can eat for your health. Maxs out cholesterol.

Well, Bro's Grunt, once again I have to thank you for pointing out this wonderful show to me. I'm going to ask Andrew if I can tag along with him as his show groupie. Hahahahahahaa

i watched it the cuz is sick wouldnt eat some of that stuff if i was stranded starving lol

Kindbud said:
wouldnt eat some of that stuff if i was stranded starving

Ha! Oh yeah ya would...

Hunger makes everything taste better!

I sure won't ever go hungry.

hey stoney...Just saying I do bag a few of those rabbits...I mean they're wild and all so do I need to worry about rabbies/plague and stuff? It's a residential area. As far as I know there is none of that here. Seeing them jumping around the yard is really making me really hungry for rabbit meat...I know that's mean, but those little furballs look delicious.

I don't think we have any diamond backs up here...Otherwise they would definitely be slowly cooking over camp fire already. I could be wrong though...In that case they better heed the warning and hide while they have the chance :p.

LaserKittensGoPewPew said:
hey stoney...Just saying I do bag a few of those rabbits...I mean they're wild and all so do I need to worry about rabbies/plague and stuff?

If the rabbits are healthy looking and not acting like CUJO, they'll be fine. Bag a few? Ha, how hungry are you?

cotton_tail_rabbit.jpg

cotton_tail_rabbit_meat.jpg

Rabits good but i like deer beter!! and know i wouldnt starve probly never besome wear i can get stranded lol i know my way around the woods and all the tricks :)

ehhh...maybe just 2 adults. I guess I can hold off until they grow up a bit more. Still fairly little.

LaserKittensGoPewPew said:
ehhh...maybe just 2 adults. I guess I can hold off until they grow up a bit more. Still fairly little.

You'll find that they taste much better if you capture them using a live trap and then feed them lots of veggies. They'll fatten up and the meat will taste cleaner. In the wild, they sometimes eat things like wild onions that make the meat kind of gamey.

Also, when cleaning them, watch out for the musk sacs under their armpits. Punture one of them and you won't be eating it after the first bite. GAG.

Hey Stoney Bud did you happen to catch lastnights show? There are a few other shows i've been checking out that are pretty cool also.

Man vs. Wild
Survivor Man

Man vs. Wild is nuts...that guy bear is out of his mind...did you see the one in australia where he had to drink his own piss?

Bizarre indeed...chicken feet, cow skin soup, cow heel soup and...GAG...conch penis are a few things I saw him eat in a show. Btw, the conch penis was raw and he said it was "tough"...lol.

TBG i like watchin Surviorman and
Man vs. Wild those are really good
shows i think its freakin cool as hell
how they can just get dropped off
some were and be able to survive
no way i would:D i would die.

Latest posts

Back