Another first grow!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Folks,

Hope you are all stoned!!

Weekly update for you: Now at 4 weeks 3 days flower :)

Pistles seem to be starting to retract slightly and are turning orange, buds are starting to expand and take shape, getting very frosty (mmm).

Everything is starting to crisp up a little so I think im on my way to a nice batch of bud at the end of this!! :cool: Stems are bowing as the ladies are fattening (just like you said GDG).

Hope you like the new pics and any recommendations anyone has are always welcome.

Enjoy !!!

2small.JPG

4small.jpg

5small.jpg

small1.jpg

small2.jpg

1small.JPG

Hi,

Coming up to 5 weeks flower (Tuesday) and just wanted to ask if my buds are going to fatten like these (just borrowed this from Brothers Grunts very nice grow pics):

Looking forward to harvest time now!!

Thanks

:)

100_3143.jpg

Whats up misty. Do you know what strain you are growing or is it bagseed? You are only at 5 weeks into flower so you have maybe another 3 or 4 weeks left. They will really start to fatten up over the next few weeks just be patient. ;)

Hey Misty :D Damn! Those buds are looking so very tasty! Mmmm! And being a true believer of The Brother's Grunt myself, he told me on my first grow that my buds would fatten up the last two weeks or so....and whadda' ya' know? ;) "very" nice looking tops btw. I'm looking foward to that first "smoke report" . Oh and as far as "sneaking a "test" bud...some will deny it , but we ALL do it.

Hi Everyone,

Not been around for a while so thought id do a quick update.

Just into 6 weeks flower and everything looks good. Buds are definitly fattening and hairs turning orange. The trycs on the leaves are starting to turn amber (you can see this as they are so big the sun shows their colour) but the trycs on the buddage itself is still very very white!!

The smell is now overpowering and you can smell them as soon as you enter my place!!

Only a couple more weeks to go now!!

Comments always welcome!!

TBG - The seeds are bagseed, taken from 2 seeds I got in an "oz" of very nice produce!!

GDG - Thanks for the nice comments - hope you like the new pics. I have also decided, although its very very hard, to not try any till harvest. Self control is not one of my strong points though!!!

budsmall.jpg

verytall.jpg

smallbud.jpg

topofsmall.jpg

both.jpg

closebudage1.jpg

Looks fantastic, love picture 5, Bud rockets to the moon!!

Won't be long now.

Hey Misty those are some fat colas you have my friend, cant wait for a smoke report and your mystery strain...Their looking real yummy, keep it up! When is your next grow gonna start??? Peace Out and GG

Wow misty those ladies sure have come along way since you joined the forum. I mean they are really looking great, and i mean great. Your grow makes me wanna grow a few bagseeds next time around. :D Anyway you are doing a great job keep it up. ;)

Hi,

Somp - lol - bud rocket. Made me laugh!

Dillwilla - they are pretty big lol Bit of a surprise really. Esp as they sit on my window sill !! My next grow will depend on how I can persuade the other half to allow lights etc If she wont then its next year when the weather is good :O(

TBG - I did look back over my journal and am surprised at how different they are now. It was good to look at the whole progress. I didnt think much changed lately but the pics have shown me different!! Not up to your standards yet, maybe soon ;O)

A quick question, do I wait for the trics on the buds to turn colour or on the leaves? The leaves are amber but the buds are white as you can see. As its 6 weeks flower, bagseed, dont have a magnifyer, I really would appreciate a little guidance if its not too much trouble. Ive read loads of articles but personal experience would be appreciated.

Another quick pic for you, I just like the way this pic turned out.

Thanks for all your comments, hope you are all enjoying my grow!!

Misty ~:O)

DSC00478.jpg

Dang Misty! Sorry, I'm not around too much anymore but see ;) At 4 weeks my first go around, I thought there was no way my buds were going to "fatten" up....as you can see, (us too) they are getting "fat" :D . As far as the magnifying "thing", I strongly advise you to invest in one of those little $10 to $14 ones at Radio Shack (or whatever they're calling it now). It really "is" the only way to know when your plants are ready to be harvested at peak readyness. ( cause TBG says so). I always use a little leaf up near the top thats as frosty as the buds. Works for me! Congrats on your awesome first attempt! Did you get any clones so that you can continue the journey?

Hey GDG wassssssssupppp??

Hi Misty good job so far.

RE: scoping the trichs....

I have a nice scope that I use on the trichs... the prob for me is I (sometimes) wear glasses and just seems like it's gotten harder to use. You really have to be steady (having a tripod for this thing would be great) or those trichs move in and out of focus so easily. And then you're doing a 'guesstimate' of when you are at 50-50%, I'm not sure how well I do.

What I've been trying to do is get a feel for when a plant is as peak ripeness, by look and smell. I think you can arrive at that after going inside and being with your plants day by day for a few good grows.

Those look fantastic. Wish that guy that says "You cannot grow marijuanna on a window siill" were still around..

That is some nice lookin herb. That cola is gigantic. Lookin great.

Hick said:
Those look fantastic. Wish that guy that says "You cannot grow marijuanna on a window siill" were still around..

;)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the comments. Glad that you all think they look good! Shame I cant share the end result with you all :O(

GDG - Not taken a clone as was scared I would have done it wrong etc I may try and rejuvinate them after I have cut all the buds of - not holding up much hope but its worth a go. Wish I had taken a clone now as they look soooo good!

Radio shack is not an option for me to get a scope as its a little too far to travel lol but thanks for the advice.

Would really appreciate some guidance through the harvest so that i get it spot on. Would hate to get this far only to be done at the drive through!!

It will be 7 weeks flower Wednesday - from the look how long do you reckon may be left till harvest festival?

Hick/Mutt - lol Not only a window sill grow, but bagseed and 2 in one pot!

Looking back at my whole journal and seeing all the changes in relatively little time makes me appreciate the end result even more. Especially how big they are lol

Thanks for all the advice, would not have done it without you lot!

...a regular old loupe or magnifieing glass will help you determine the trich's maturity.

Hi again,

Hope everyone is well!!

8 weeks flower this week - so shall be harvesting some. Still needs a little way to go IMO as the hairs are still more white then orange/brown. The bigger lady is almost done so a few more days and I shall harvest I think.

Will leave the smaller one a bit longer until she has changed colour a bit more as only about 50/50 hairs have changed.

GDG - Couldnt hold out and grabbed a test bud just under the top of the big plant. Let it dry for a couple of days until the stem "snapped" and the bud had shrivelled to half its size (quite a surprise) and was nice and sticky and gave it a test run last night.

Verdict is very nice. Tastes amazing - even with crumbs it is overpowering in taste. You dont need as much to have an effect as I thought - the first number I rolled blew me away. At the moment its a very high energetic buzz, quite trippy as well. Quite enjoyable but I would like to try it when it gets to couch lock state!!

Overall, I have no idea what strain it is now as the taste is so different to anything you buy - reminds me of that 1st joint when I went to Holland lol

Will have some pics of the progress 2morrow as the ladies are asleep now!

Off to have the remains of the bud I grew lol

Enjoy :O)

Wow they were grown in a window, that is awesome. I mean those colas were huge 2 weeks ago. Cant wait to see your harvest. Keep it up and happy growing

Congrats misty on your first grow and harvest. For growing in a window you did one hell of a great job. Be sure to take a few harvest pics. ;)

Hi Again,

Thanks for the comments!! I can honestly say yesthat these 2 plants have grown on a window sill (put in cupboard at night).

You can the relative size of the plants now as I have included a picture of them with their mate Ernie (approx 12") and also a lighter at the bottom of the big plant!!
If you go back to the begging of the journal you can see what a gardner Ernie is!!!

I have included a couple of pics of the tops of the plants. Most of the hairs are now orange so is it best to pick now? It will be 8 weeks exactly tomorrow. Obviously you cant tell me 100% but any idea from a grower (TBG aka God of Green Help lol) if you would pick now or leave a while????

The pic of the big cola, now has a big gap on the left hand side (just under the top), Misty could not resist this weekend and chopped a big clump lol

Of course ill show pics of the harvest as soon as they are picked and dried/cured.

Also, Ernie will have one extra little surprise that he wants to share at the end of this!!

Again, all the thanks for enjoying my grow as much as me (and being as amazed lol).

Much appreciated.

readyornot.jpg

ready2.jpg

both.jpg

ernie.jpg

Latest posts

Back