Any ideas what this is?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Toby

Space CowBoy
Reaction score
I realy was hoping I wouldnt have to use this part of the forum but here I am! I found this on one of my buds today, the leaves were all shrivelled and wrinkled and theres a white sticky residue coming out from the middle of the bud. Any ideas? Should I cut it off if it is mold?

dodgy-bud-001.gif

dodgy-bud-002.gif

dodgy-bud-003.gif

is it just that 1 bud , i cant see the the resedue your talking about , seriously doubt it is mold though , you want to PM , hick , the brothers grunt , kingkahunna , Dewayne , they may can help you figure this 1 out , there knowledge is power,....gd lk

I don't see any white sticky residue coming out of the top of the bud, and i don't see any shrivelled leaves. You can't have "white sticky residue" besides Thc. So you are either talking about your bud, or there is nothing wrong, at least in the pictures you have above. Your plants and your buds look healthy man.

I just blew up your pics,
I think I know what is going on. When I super enlarged your pics I spotted some seriously chewed leaves right near the residue. I think you had, or have a critter doing some fierce damage and your plant is either exuding the sap to protect itself further, or it's bleeding in a way ya know.
Get a pair of tweezers and a strong magnifying glass, and take a look for your culprit. I didn't see anything that really looked like mold, and I didn't spot any spidermites up around the bud. Take the tweezers and gently try to pull away some of the residue. Did you say it felt sticky to the touch ? sounds like some yummy THC. Anyways just be the examiner and go slow and easy, like I said I think you got a critter, or had one.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

good eyes just did that after you said that and your right bro great eye King

Hey Sticky,
Man I hope I'm right and made a good call for sure. a critter can be dealt with, all you gotta do is locate, surround him, capture him, and make him stand trial, then the execution. Gadzooks that made me shiver. LOL
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Thanks for the help guys,
I found the culprit! This lil guy was makin himself at home:eek:
Anybody know how to get rid of these cos I doubt he was on his own?

catterpillar.gif

Latest posts

Back