Any ideas y?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it appears he was right so far.
Treated em as i would in big pots i.e feed till get decent run off, and made damn sure i closed window last night lol, and they now stood up and proud.
Even look to be getting a little greener already so thats good.
I knew they would be ok just wanted to know what had caused it, thanks to everyone who posted and took time out to help.

DutchMasterPuff said:
Thread on Growing in Coco
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12689

I grow in coco and keep my ph around 6.3-6.5 and i don't have any problems. When i was doing my own research on what ph to use for coco i always found people using anything from 5.8 - 6.5. Some said 5.8 if treated like hydro and watering everyday and around 6.5 if treating like soil and watering 2-3 days and some said it doesn't matter if treated like hydro and to still use a lower ph range like you would for hydro. This is my first time using coco so i think im just going to have to find out on my own which ph range i like better by switching it up for the next crop because i always found mixed reviews online.

I go for the lower range of the ph scale myself and water daily reason being coco will dry out quickly.
Any nutes not used are flushed out of the coco thus lowering the chances of a build up of salts and keeps the ph swing in check.

I dont see the point of treating a coco based plant like a soil based plant, if your going to do this you may as well just pot up in a good soil mix and save the money spent on expensive nutes for seeds or whatever.

Blanco:

If you feel offended i can not help that but for your own good you need to grow a thicker skin.
Long story short you were telling the guy that his grow using coco and hydroton which are primaraly used as hydro mediums was not being grown hydroponically because he was'nt using a hydro system??
Most dictionarys define the term as both growing a plant in a liquid nute solution or growing the plant in a soil-less medium i dont need to explain this further.

Reason i asked you to look at the ph chart provided was because if you had of you would have seen the ph range of a hydroponic grow has to be lower than a soil grow as most hydro mediums have not the same buffering to ph as soil does.
You would have noticed than many components of the nutrient solution are not absorbed in a hydro grow at the higher ph ranges.

Adding hydroton to his coco will change no factors of his grow save making the coco a little easier to drain and providing a little o2 for the roots .

If you want to stand behind the info you provided thats fine by me i am entitled to my opinion much as you are but the dictionary and the ph nutrient availabillity charts do not lie.

Even i would trust them more than my own opinions.

Latest posts

Back