Anybody ever work as a trimmer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420benny

Not lost, just exploring
Reaction score
I ask out of curiosity. No interest in doing it. I can barely do my own. I was wondering how it works. I know there are peeps around me that go to norcal and trim for weeks in the fall. It seems to me that the growers are risking being outted by having strangers around trimming their product. How does it work? Paid by weight trimmed? Do they supply the smoke while working? Can you make any decent dough? benny is bored and sick. can you tell?:D:p

Hey Benny ...No clue here but it seems to be worthy of more investigation ~
* Get well Soon ~

never trimmed for strangers.. but when i was younger, i made some good money trimming for a few people i knew. (i was quick, so quite in demand come crop time ;) )

always a good time; crazy hippies and their storys, plenty of good bud, and a nice collection of finger hash for later.
don't think i could do an 18 hour shift of trimming any more though.

i dunno about hiring (or even being) random people though. kinda sketchy.

I've trimmed before. It really depends on the grower as far as compinsation. I've been paid by typically wieght trimmed - in cash or herb. In most cases it's not complete strangers. Most people know some one who has vouched for them. It's usually all good in my experiences and it is all about who you know. I was fortuneate enough to have a freind here in Cali who new someone in need and I offered help. I never would have been involved were it not for her connections.

Dried herb trimming...meaning trimming up the Bud to a finished look, usually pays about $250 per p dried weight.

Pulling Fan leaves from fresh plants just cut, $20 an hour.

This is typical for most bigger outdoor grows.

This comes from cats I know that do outdoor.

Thanks all. NCH, that is close to what I heard, too. Makes sense about the referrals. Might be fun one time, just for the stories and hash, lol.

From what I know of this year, trimmer is getting $200 a pound around the FAR north state, California that is.

My daughter told me, many years later, that she would trim during harvest and make bout $400 a weekend. I hate hearing those stories, makes me feel like I was not paying close enough attention. She is in Grad School now, and she turned out Great all round adult tho, as she would tell me if she heard me say I didnt pay enough attention....lol.

Happy New Year All!

i used to help a friend harvest, trim and hang. he would give me a choice bud in the field and really good deals other times plus finger hash, small plots though :cool:

I guess I wasn't makeing enough...lol I always helped friends and they always helped me...we never paid each other anything, just plenty of smoking, drinking, music jamming, and joking around...harvest parties were always fun.

Feeling better Benny? That couch form fitting yet? Hope you are better, tho take it easy to start......dont let that mean bug come back!

Mornin' I am better, but not well yet. Sinus headache won't go away. At least I can do a few things. I am actually going to work on the wiring for my room today. I think......

Latest posts

Back