Best concert?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mega Death, Maiden, Korn, Oz, POD, Zombie, Nuge, Kiss, Cinderella, System, ZZ Top, Anthrax, Aero Smith, Dokken.. and even Spinal Tap in Sac, Ratt, etc. Haven't been to a show in a long while but I would have to say Metallica was the best show. I can say the energy they put out was incredible. I could 'taste' it in the air. Truely something else. Haven't felt that way at a show since.

Rage Against the Machine at Alpine Valley, WI.

Drove all night to get there, slept in my truck, moshed in the pit all night, slept in my truck, and drove home.

Does it get better then that?

Definately a tossup of a few festivals I've been to. I'd say the winner goes to the one a local radio station sponsored with disturbed, slipknot, allele, shinedown, 10 years, skindred, RJA, and a few others I can't think of at the moment. I was super stoned and super stoked that day.

my first concert was in 1974, black oak arkansas was the band, had a great time, have been to a lot since. to answer your ? hard to pick a #1 but i did see zepplin last time they played in nc, awesome show. the damn yankees last show ever, talk about a throwdown. tull was great and a couple of ozzfests. also lets not foget rush,7 times and boc. too many to list. about forgot to mention van halen (7 times all 3 volcals)and dream theater :headbang2:

Old time - Dead 1976 in DesMoines - 5 hours of outdoors bliss

Re - recently - Brian Wilson with his new band - i wept openly 70 years old and still writing incredible music

I saw Pantera/White Zombie at the Portland Coliseum back around '98ish and the first two levels of seats past the floor were almost completely gone by the end of it. People were jumping about 8 foot out and 12 foot down to get from tier to tier trying to get to the floor. Security were grabbing anybody they could and just kicking and wailing on them. It was a full on riot for the last half of Pantera, very intense :hubba:
When the show was done, people were flooding out of the building and the Garth Brooks show next door at the Rose Garden happened to be getting out at the same time. The lot was full of cowboys and their girlfriends mixed with a bunch of metal-craving lunatics that had just witnessed hell on earth. It was awesome :)
Anyways, I got pulled over twice on the way home just to cap off the night...

Latest posts

Back