Best organic soil mix.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDrowner

Reaction score
What is the best organic mix I could create/mix for my plants?

I was thinking of using, cow/sheep/chicken manuer and adding a bit of perlite to the mixture. Would that be any good for the plants?

Are there any of you that will strictly use organic soils, if so, can you please advise?

Thanks in advance.

:farm:

You should just buy an organic soil mix and add manure.

Check out Eman's grow journal. There is a plethora of organic know-how. I use 1:1 FF Ocean Forest:FF Light Warrior with plenty of other organic additives.

i use Ocean Forest byFox Farm :)

DLT i got your PM i would like some explanations to it ?? like what situation you are in ??

Would it be possible to buy 20 liters of regular potting mix and sift it to remove the wood chips, then add the cow/sheep/chicken/perlite mix to that?

Or would that be removing the drainage from the mix?

I would have thought that because you have perlite in it that would not matter/replace the wood chips.

Thanks,

"I" believe that you'd really have to watch the nitrogin levels using that much manure.There are PLENTY of organic soils out there,that way you know what you are getting and PLUS you wont have to get your hands all stinky.Good luck on your grow:farm:

manure (ewww) not a nice smoke im not adding that to mine :)

So adding manure would not only increase the nitrogen levels in the soil but also make the smoke taste bad?

What is an optimum mix I could create for my plant?

I use fox farms ocean forest. It works great and is balanced already, on the hot side. I grow organic and hydro organic. It is difficult to keep my hydro plants as green. Of course they do grow much faster though.

I'm almost positive the manure wouldn't do anything to the weed smoking wise just make the plant nice and healthy.

I don't know what UK1 is talking about, but your bud won't taste bad. I think you just have to use it in moderation, because it could get a little hot for your girls.

I wasn't going to use much of it. Just 1 liter of each. Then add 4 liters of manure to 20 liters of potting soil.

Will this effect the plant in a bad way, or only do some good?

I though plants like the nitrogen when they are in vegetation stage, is that right?

Thanks for all your help.

P.S. You guys want to see my grow, just in potting mix as an experiment before I move house?

Peace.

You may only want to use like a quarter of a liter to 20 liters. It will not make your bud taste bad. Anything grown organically is going to taste better than a plant grown chemically. Every ear of corn you've eaten has probably had cow/chicken/pig **** applied at one time or another:)

You may only want to use like a quarter of a liter to 20 liters.

Cool, why is that? If you don't mind me asking.

DLtoker, I'm going to use a cow/sheep/chicken mix added to a potting mix (organic).

Thanks for you help guys.

TheDrowner said:
Cool, why is that? If you don't mind me asking.

DLtoker, I'm going to use a cow/sheep/chicken mix added to a potting mix (organic).

Thanks for you help guys.
Too much **** could burn your plant. It's high in nitro. Also, it could make your soil muddy and you don't want that. A lil manure goes a long way. Especially watch the chicken manure, it will burn like chemical nutes(very high n content)!

It is very hard to burn plants using organics. All of those manures need to be decomposed before they can be used in soil, fyi. I would use a total of a cup/gallon total of those. I make very hot mixes. I usually let the mix soak for a few days before I even plant in it. With that one cup, I would, in addition, use FF POM. 1 tbs/gallon and some lime. The sky is the limit. Remember, it is not rocket science or brain surgery... Well, there is a lot to it, but it all depends on how much detail you want to get into. Study and read. There is a heck of a lot more out there than just what I or other people have to say on some forum. Do google searches on organic growing and using manure. You can find some serious facts that way. GL man, and remember, there is no wrong way. ;)

i agree with some of the other growers. just mix a 1:1 ratio of Fox Farm's Ocean Forest & Light Warrior. it has tons of nutrients and drains great.

i use that and supplement with Fox Farm's Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom. i also use Technaflora's MagiCal and SugarDaddy along with some Botanicare's Clearex to flush at the end.

those are the only nutrients you should ever need and they're way simple to use.

It is very hard to burn plants using organics.
Too much manure will burn your plants! I know from experience that it doesn't take much chicken manure to burn your plants to death!

Ok cool, thanks guys.

Will keep you posted, might start a grow journal. Just using potting mix though, you want to see it?

Peace.

Latest posts

Back