Best Soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I EAT WEED

Reaction score
I have found that BLACK GOLD is unbelievable soil to work with. I'll post some pics of my new power plant grow tomorrow. I started one in foxfarm light warrior and one in black gold, and :holysheep: ...the black gold little green monster looks like it is on roids. Just thought I would share with the community.

I use Black Velvet mushroom compost from Lowes and it is silky and has no fillers like bark, roots. I highly recommend it too. I'd say as a rule of thumb any mix with the words "black" in it is gonna be super-rich.

gagjababy said:
I use Black Velvet mushroom compost from Lowes and it is silky and has no fillers like bark, roots. I highly recommend it too. I'd say as a rule of thumb any mix with the words "black" in it is gonna be super-rich.

Lowe's website says "Black Velvet" is a 40lb bag of
Black Velvet®
40 Lb. Black Kow Premium Topsoil

Does not say anything about mushroom compost?

Well I bought it a Lowes, just go to the store and see, they have bulked up their inventory for summer and probably have stuff at the store that's not listed on the site. I even saw superthrive at walmart yesterday!

According to Black Velvets site, the Black Kow TOP SOIL is supposted to be good for all kinds of things, not just outdoor plants... However, I would like to try this "BLACK" stuff... I know topsoil is a NO-NO, but in this particular scenario, do you think it can be used?

If not, I will try and find some other "black" soils :)

to the rhythm of the war drums! glad you found something that works well for ya. good luck with the grow!

Heres some I found at a reasonable price:

plantitearth.com/store/product.asp?pid=195&catid=63[/url]

co co fiber,worm casting, perlite mixed.
nutrients
silica blast
bloom
cal mag
sweet
liquid karma
talkin about crystally roided up buds

md.apothecary said:
According to Black Velvets site, the Black Kow TOP SOIL is supposted to be good for all kinds of things, not just outdoor plants... However, I would like to try this "BLACK" stuff... I know topsoil is a NO-NO, but in this particular scenario, do you think it can be used?

If not, I will try and find some other "black" soils :)
I use it but I mix other things in also. I mix in vermiculite a lil perlite some worm castings and Diatomaceous earth (<-- that stuff is gold for gnats) and i think it was an awesome mix.

PS If anyone has any suggestions on anything else that may need to be added please feel free to share :D

Latest posts

Back