Best way to install an inline fan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cardgenius

Reaction score
I’ve seen it where the fan is inside the tent with the filter hooked up to the intake and also with the fan outside the tent. Is one way better than the other?

I have done it both ways, though I don't use a filter. I don't really thinks it makes that much difference unless super stealth is important. Just make sure it is sucking instead of blowing to maintain negative pressure.

I have done it both ways, though I don't use a filter. I don't really thinks it makes that much difference unless super stealth is important. Just make sure it is sucking instead of blowing to maintain negative pressure.

Cool, I’ll mount it to the wall above the tent as there’s not much room inside for both. Thanks!

Yes, make the air passage as free as possible from any obstacles and curves.

Also, I wouldn't install the filter until you need it.

As THG said, make sure it is sucking from the tent and not the opposite. I have mine mounted in the tent but you could mount it outside as well. also agree with her on the filter. Only use it if and when you do need it. It will have a drastic impact on how well the fan works. I don't use a filter, I just vent it outside my house. My grow room is on the second floor so it works well for me.

I mount mine inside the tent. I have a duct fan blowing in. The prefilter on the carbon filter will clean the air going back into my inhouse pellet/archery range. Owning a HVAC company you can never have enough clean air. Don't let your house make you sick!
catrofl.gif
signs-groan.gif

Latest posts

Back