BigBudz White Widow/Ice grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great bigbudz, can't wait to see those ladies in a few weeks ;)

After the first 24 hours of flowering, I can already tell the ladies are lovin the HPS light. I'm amazed at how much these girls can grow in a matter of hours. The stalks are really starting to thicken up a lot. Lotsa green:)

All.jpg

Ice Queen Fl. day 1.jpg

Ice Runt Fl. day 1.jpg

Tall Ice Fl. day 1.jpg

White Widow Fl. day 1.jpg

Tall White Widow Fl. day 1.jpg

White Widow Runt Fl. day 1.jpg

Hi Bigbudz...wow for starting at close to the same time, I'm amazed at the difference. Your plants look so controlled where as mine are...well, not. How much yield do hope to get from them? My plants don't even have alternating nodes and they're becoming monsters. The 18/6 was recommended by one of the guys (I can't remember which). I had them 24/7 til I transplanted them, then went to 16/8 but 2 of them started to flower so i had to adjust. The kinks seem to have been worked out. Hopefully I'll be smoking shortly after you:D I can't wait to see pics of your "flowers"

I'm not really sure how much yeild to expect. This is gonna be my first plants that get past 2 weeks of flowering... so i'm not sure what to expect. Hopefully I gets lotsa yeild and will be in the green for a while! I'll keep ya posted with pics. I am having so much fun with this grow, just watching them get bigger every day is so awesome.

Ok I'm at my first hurdle with my plants. For some reason on 2 of my Ice plants, the top set of leaves have completely curled under. I read in the nutriet trouble shooting guide, that that means that there is too much nutrients. I havent' givin my plants any more nutrients since i flushed my tub 4 days ago. My lights were a little bit too close, had to move them up 2 inches or so. Would that cause my leaves to curl under like this? Here's a pic of each plant so you can see what I'm talking about. They're still a very nice green, not really yellow as the light would suggest.

DSCF1149_edited.JPG

DSCF1150_edited.JPG

I'm pretty certain it wasn't the lights. The lights had been off, and had just came on 20 minutes prior to me noticing that the leaves had curled under. Today they are looking a lot better. The leaves that were curled are now almost completely uncurled. They grew so much since last night. They are getting huge now. Thanks for the help tho Biff, it was very much appreciated. I'm still not sure exactly what the problem was, but it seems to have worked itself out and they are looking quite gorgeous again today. My tallest plant is close to 20 inches tall. Here's some new pics that I just took. You can see the huge difference in just the past few days. I'm hopin to be able to sex them sometime soon, as I'd really like to start cloning.

All-Side View.jpg

All-Top View.jpg

Ice Queen.jpg

Tall Ice.jpg

White Widow Runt.jpg

Tall White Widow.jpg

Hey bigbudz, those are some nice happy lookin plants! :)

Thanks Insane:) I try to keep em happy, I don't like stressin em out too much, so I just do what i gotta do to em, and let em do their own thing. They're gonna hate me when I start cloning tho;)

bigbudz said:
Thanks Insane:) I try to keep em happy, I don't like stressin em out too much, so I just do what i gotta do to em, and let em do their own thing. They're gonna hate me when I start cloning tho;)
Looking good bigbudz. Glad to see you got the problem straightend out. Your babies are gonna love you for cloning them not hate you. Always think positive. ;)

These lil beauties are growin so fast!! My tallest plant grew another 2 inches over night. Still no signs of sex:( but I think I'll be able to tell any day now! There is such a huge difference in the pictures I'm taking on a day to day basis. You can actually see how much fuller they're getting every day. I'm gonna go ahead and flush out my tub once the lights come back on tonight, and raise my light a few more inches. I'll post some pics once I get them settled back into the tub and the lights have been on em for a while. Til then... Happy Growing!!

Nice lookin grow. Can't wait to see which ones are female. ;)

My lights are on, I'm checkin out the plants, and I notice lil balls at the top of one plants... It's either a male, or they're new leaves comin in, but they sure don't look like leaves. :( This is my first time sexin plants, does it look like I have a male to you guys??

DSCF1161_edited.JPG

DSCF1163_edited.JPG

DSCF1172_edited.JPG

Sorry to say BigBudz, but those look like balls to me. I'd wait a few more days to be sure, just to make sure they don't shoot out any white hairs.

Keepin my fingers crossed for ya ;)

chop chop bigbudz..that ones a boy.

That's it, he's gone. It broke my heart to have to do it, but didn't want to chance it pollenating my other plants. Down to 2 White Widow, and 3 Ice plants. That one happened to be the tallest one that i had, 22 inches tall. RIP....

yeah the boys usually take off and get big fast....sucks having to always cut the biggest :(

good luck with the rest being girls...i got my fingers crossed for ya ;)

Another freakin male... another white widow gone... I'm down to 1 White Widow, but still have all 3 Ice plants left. None of them have shown any signs of sex yet, which I'm praying is a good sign and they are all females. Here's a pic of my newest male, who is about to meet his fate with the green reaper. I've also included a pic of all my plants, so you can see how full and bushy they've become:)

All.jpg

DSCF1185_edited.JPG

I'm sorry about the males Bigbudz, I just went through the same thing.After that small emotional setback.....things will "pick up" again. Good luck on your ice ladies :D

Sorry about the other male bigbudz but these things do happen. Did he meet his fate with the GREEN REAPER as stated. Off with his head as we say it at the Grunt household.
char118.gif

Off with their heads! Off with their heads! After the first one....the rest were easy ;)

Latest posts

Back