Biggest soil yield off of 400HPS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheEnhancementSmoker

RED TEAM GO
Reaction score
Just wondering what I can expect? I have 4 Super Skunk and 2 bag seed indica plants growing in 5 gallon soil buckets ( see sig ).

TheEnhancementSmoker said:
Just wondering what I can expect? I have 4 Super Skunk and 2 bag seed indica plants growing in 5 gallon soil buckets ( see sig ).
Well from what i read you should be shooting for a GRAM a watt. You hear stories which I believe, ppl get 1.5 to 2grams a watt.

yeah, very few people get a gram/watt. 2g/w not too many people get with hydro, let alone in soil. For me, there are 3 things that I shoot for;
1) quality of the high
2) taste
3) yield

Since I grow for myself, yield is not my highest priority. I probaly average .5-.6g/w. And I am definitely ok with that.

theres too many variables to guestimate the weight of a crop.it depends on too many factors.and most of that is in the growers hands,minus strain.

beanz240 said:
How long vegging? Size of plants? Topped or not?

I actually don't remember how long I vegged them, but they were like a foot to a foot and a half when I switched to 12/12. I'll guess like a month and a half to two months. They were topped and supercropped.

And a gram per watt?? Please....

I'd be happy with a half gram per watt.

I believe it is eaisier and quite feasable to acheive the "gram per watt" with systems 600w and lower pretty consistently. It is harder with bigger shows.

Smaller gardens are eaiser to control the key factors. Air temp and air movement.
Of course, strain and KNOWING that strain plays a big part too.

You can do it!

Well, I have the temperature and movement down. My temps throughout the day are about 70-77.

I do have a microscope to examine the trichomes, so I will harvest at the optimum point. I probably will harvest when they are like 1/3 amber, as I don't like couchlock.

I would say if you got 2 dried oz. off of each plant, your doing good. If you get 4 dried oz. from each one your doing really good. Off of the info you gave I would expect 2 to 3 oz. from each girl.

well like some growers here,i guess my scales are broken.surely i get 20 ozs per plant.especially the little short ones.if they are getting all this dry weight,surely i am doing equal at least.so i'm sticking to it.20+ ozs per plant is the score.believe that sheet,lol

Forgot to mention, I have two 40 watt flourescents running lengthwise on my wall for some extra side lighting in the blue spectrum. They are like 3500 lumens each.

andy52 said:
well like some growers here,i guess my scales are broken.surely i get 20 ozs per plant.especially the little short ones.if they are getting all this dry weight,surely i am doing equal at least.so i'm sticking to it.20+ ozs per plant is the score.believe that sheet,lol

Wow, show me how. 20oz each, shoot you only need one plant. Nice haha!

Latest posts

Back