Bit of a noob, all help appreciated!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks LF, you really think the heat is gonna be that big an issue? im not gonna let them go 4 days again without watering, i'll aim for every 3 days but as for air cooling the light it's not really possible. The problem is I have a bigger tent (8x4x6h) which will run 2 600w's but my cool air is coming in via a 250cfm inline fitted with a T pipe which feeds both tents so I couldn't use that to cool both lights in the bigger tent as i'd have no fresh air in the smaller one. I can't use the room's air for intake as it's not suitable (too dusty). It's quite warm for the time of year but the winter is starting to kick in and im hoping the 26c reading I got was as a result of the intake air being cooler which should get even more so over the next few months. Im slightly worried about the big tent though, haven't turned those lights on yet but the intake for that is not as powerful as the ducting from the fan is about 10ft. I can feel cool air coming from it but it's not as powerful as I feel it in the small tent. (And I can't swap the tents around as they only fit where they are).

hmm gotta work out how im gonna do this.. I was hoping to have the big tent on 12/12 with the lights off at night and a heater warming up the room's ambient temp but I think the temp swing will be too big. Now i've given them a feed i'll see how they respond, i'll be taking another look in a day or 2, give them another watering.

Thanks again for the comments LF - in your opinon how do you think my plants are looking otherwise?

p.s I do have 1 confession... a week ago when I gave them a watering I stupidly gave them the wrong fert! It's one I was supposed to use at the beginning of flowering 'bloom stimulator'.. Dont' ask.. I was very stoned.. So I know they got a feed of something they didn't like - mabye this caused the slight burn look?

sup BD

Glad to see your ph issue solved ;)

I had a point where I thought my plants had some heat issues(light burn), but it turned out they needed some N.
I've read you'll get a better female to male ratio with cooler temps but obviously that doesn't apply to your clones. Your temps do seem a bit on the high side compared to my room. During lights on my day temps can get up to 84. Maybe raise the humidity while your in veg would be helpful if you can't lower the temps.
Sounds like you have your **** together, I'm sure you'll work it out.

Yeah man I'm not knocking anything...I think your plants look good, and now that you say that about giving them a flowering nute, they probably are in need of some (N). But don't double up feedings if you just fed, wait till the soil dries up.

With the heat your right at the point of pushing the limits you know what I mean? I like my temps to stay in the mid to high 70's in lights on, and low 70's upper 60's lights off. If you had CO2 going in there your temps would be perfect...I just have seen too many plants hermi because of heat stress...so it scares me a little. Maybe check out the do it yourself section, Hemp Goddess put a thread in there about makeing your own cool tube, one could be made pretty cheap, and you could make it so that it still fit inside your reflector. I'm not saying you won't be okay either with those temps...I just think you are walkin right on a thin rope...if it was my grow I'd be nervous about it. Don't get me wrong, I have had high temps at times to, but when it gets 80 to 81, I start thinking how I can cool it down.

Thanks for the feedback guys, unfortunalty im DIY incompetent so making my own cooltube will prob be beyond me! It's an option I might have to look at though even if it means buying one. Quick question though, can you use a cool tube with just the glass taking away some of the heat or do you have to use air being pulled/blown on to the light? maybe i could use the exhaust hooked up so it goes 'filter=light=exhaust?

Thanks for the reassurance though, I know im treading it fine (as I am with the location!) but as long as they've got half a chance then i'll just have to worry and try 'n make things better where I can. I've already noticed some whiteflies in there so need to combat that next. Got myself some fly trap things, worked well for my mate so gonna stick them up next visit.

As for feeding, yeah i'll stick to the normal dosage on the veg fert now and not try anything smart ;) At least i'll know if it is N def or heat thats causing the bit of burn.

Thanks again CB 'n LF

Peace

hey big dave , im on my first grow atm , ill be sure to take a look in on ur journal , great lookin so far keep up the good work!!!

Nice one HGH, hope its going well. I've done a few basic grows before so if you have any questions gimmi a shout. Im no expert but done plenty of reading up so got an idea of what im doing. Enjoy the show ;)

I don't have a cool tube, but I have an air cooled reflector, and that is how I have it hooked up. From the filter, through the light, and out the side with my exhaust fan. I don't think you would have to be super handy to build this thing, it looks pretty simple...check it out!

I think you are on the right track with the cloning.. I would do the same, if I had 2 separate cabinets. However I think you would be able to have more than eight clones.. I would go for a sea of green.. Only vegging the clones until they are viable and then into flowering right away, with smaller containers and more clones.

Hi RiskyPack, sadly due to the daily attention they would require cloning is out the window :( I can get clones when I need to, normally 10 at a time so i'll just fully veg them in the small tent and then flower them big in the big tent. Time isn't an issue so im happy to take the few extra weeks for full maturity.

LF, I can't remember if I have a spare 5" fan for the hood (i've found a place that does cool hoods :) ) if I do, as I have 2 lights in the big tent i need to get the open ended type that'll allow me to suck the air from both with the 1 fan. I've already got a 430cfm hooked up to a filter and im going to leave that as it is as i've already invested too much money not to use it!

So the plan will be exahust fan=hood/light=ducting=hood light

x Big Dave x said:
Nice one HGH, hope its going well. I've done a few basic grows before so if you have any questions gimmi a shout. Im no expert but done plenty of reading up so got an idea of what im doing. Enjoy the show ;)

THANKS mate thats a really nice offer! cheers man! yeah reading up is prob a good tip for me! my gf has been doing all the reading shes become obsessed with us growing haha!

np HGH. Im looking for a thread I think it was by TheHempGodess it was a questionaire for people posting questions that didn't give any details about their setup. I thought it could be be used as a 20 point checklist of things to check, it also helps should you forget to tell ppl certain things when explaining problems. I'll keep looking for it 'n msg you if I find it.

Those leaves are looking nice and fat.

Looking good!

Cheers IL and tryer, I certainly am :watchplant:

Sadly the leaves are big 'n fat but there not in the healthiest ways, had another visit and still droopy and the soil was about 75% dry. I think it's partly that the leaves are so big but it's mainly the heat stress thats doing it. On a few leaves on 2 of the plants the edges are curling up very slightly, it's nothing too serious but they are a tad stressed, the runt doesn't seem to have done anything but i'll keep it going at least till flowering time.

The yellow edges haven't got any worse, still on just a few plants but not any worse than a few days ago. Quite a few flying pests in there, so got the sticky traps up.

Oh and checked and i've got a spare 5" 250cfm fan that I can use for the cool hoods exhaust in the flowering tent :)

Pics aren't great and not much change from the last set.

1.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg

Latest posts

Back