Bizzy's DNA Genetics Grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BizzyHigh

Club Treasurer
Reaction score
Hello MP Growers! This is going to be my first non-bagseed grow which I am quite excited for due to the insanities that come along with the bagseed (no disrespect to it though lol) I am not an experienced grower by any means with just a few under the ol’ belt so any help from you guys will be much appreciated as always. The seeds are from an up and coming breeder/seller of marijuana seeds and strains located in Amsterdam known as DNA Genetics. The three strains that will be in this grow are Lemon Skunk, ReCon (LA Confidential X Cannadential), and a Sweet Haze X G13 Haze I have a little more information about the strains if anyone is interested just let me know. I germed 2 of each seeds on the 9th of January and as of today 5 popped (thinking the 6th isn’t going to pull through) and have all 5 in little 2 in’ pots both of the Sweet Haze X G13 Haze showing their little round leafs and a small first set. The other 3 are still in their seeds but should be breaking free in the next few days hopefully.
Soil: 80% FF Ocean Forest; 20% Perlite
Lighting: 400 Watt HPS (Sun Argo bulb supposed to add 30% blue spectrum in there but I’m a little apprehensive about that)
Have two fans one blowing on the plants at all time and one blowing air over the 400 watter and also pushing hot air out of my closet. Having a little problems with high temps but I think I have it at a stable 82-83 degrees so should be good.
Other than that here are some pictures:
Thanks!

Everything sounds great BH. Here's some GREEN MOJO to get them babies going. ;) Good luck and look foward to following along. :aok:

Sorry lol forgot to post the pictures..

DSC03373.JPG

DSC03378.JPG

DSC03387.JPG

DSC03388.JPG

DSC03389.JPG

BizzyHigh said:
Dang it ;) I was hoping i could play it off without getting called out ha

On THIS forum...HA...it was only a matter of time. I just read the DNA G13 description the other day. :holysheep: Very interested to see how it turns out for you!

Good luck on the 6th poppin!!

benamucc said:
I just read the DNA G13 description the other day. :holysheep: Very interested to see how it turns out for you!

Good luck on the 6th poppin!!

Thank you much! It is funny that you mentioned the G13 strain because according to the guy who sold me the seeds over in ADam it is quite the controversial thing right now.. G13 itself is the male characteristic? phenotype? genetic piece? not sure of the right term but what I am trying to say is it is not possible to have a strickly G13 plant, well it is it would just never produce any bud it would be solely for breeding, yet Coffeshops over there are selling what they label as G13 (not crossed with anything) which would be quite difficult.. I dont know a whole lot about breeding plants and strains im just repeating what the very imformative/ very nice guy was telling me who ran DNA genetics

Somthing I never thought could happen,Bizzy Bones grow journal!!:rolleyes: :p

You tha man Bizzy!

Nice start mate;)

Just wanted to give a little update to all you guys.. Everything is going pretty smoothly after about a week of poping out of their seeds.. Have been watering almost daily just enough to get the soil a little moist.. I introduced first dose of nutes (Grow Big) today at 1/3 strength.. Also last night after reviewing the handy-dandy lighting distance chart i decided to put a plastic storage bend in my grow closet raising the little (hopefully) girls up about 9in' so they are about a foot and a half away from the light now.. Other than that here are some pics for you all :D And one question too.. I watered the plants today a little more than previous waterings and when the water sunk down into the soil one or two of the plants i guess dont have to much root developement yet because the water kinda pushed them on their sides like tiped them over a little.. I gentle push them back straight up and put a little soil in all directions around the stem and all seems well now.. Is this normal for weekolders? Or do i need to be doing something to be stimulating better root growth? Thanks inadvance!

DSC03397-1.JPG

DSC03392-1.JPG

DSC03391-1.JPG

DSC03393-1.JPG

DSC03396-1.JPG

Ha thanks for the article Benamucc.. I looks like there are quite a bit more mysteries surrounding this strain then i knew about.. I like the idea of a governmental strain that would be classic!

Yo bizzy..

Your problem is your watering too often.With the sprouts leaning over,it wouldnt surprise me if they have the slightest bit of root rott.The exact same happened to my first sprouts.

Went out to the plot,one had totally just fallen over i removed the soil around the stem and the stem was a blacky colour and was thin and dying away.

I suggest you slow down on the watering,only water when the top inch or so is dry.

Remove the soil around the stem so it can 'breathe'

Splint it up if needed.

A great root stimulator is not watering.This makes the roots search for water.

When i start sprouts,i give them about 3 waterings in 2 weeks,then take them outdoor and by then they have an incredibly healthy root system.

Good luck!

You seem to have a cool setup from what i can see in the pictures, do you have an oscilating fan in there just breezing over the seedlings every so often?

I'd like to see how your dna seeds turn out, i've got some of their reserva privada seeds, i've germinated the purple wreck but not the apollo 13, I'm still a little confused as to who breeds dna's seeds though, i'm still trying to find this out.

Thanks wise-man for the advice about not over watering.. I feel like i havn't been over watering but to be honest your probably right i just start to freak out at the first signs of dry soil ha.. Three times in the first 2 weeks is pretty amazing to think about but im going to cut back for sure and let you no how it all works out (hopeing it will probably solve this problem)

Hey widowmaker! Thanks for poping in.. Im pretty sure i meet the 2 guys (or at least one) of the breeders of the DNA genetics seeds.. They are two American guys that use to live in California and now live over in Amsterdam selling seeds and they have a really cool piece section in their store too.. They are both pretty young dudes and really nice and helped me with all my questions.. As for the fans i have one floor fan that constantly blows on the plants and the oscilating fan blows back in forth blowing air over the 400 watter and hopefully blowing hot air out of the grow closet (not sure if this might all just be in my head ha)

From everything i have read though dna does not do any breeding themselves, the work is from other people. They do not employ breeders either.

looks good. ill be watchin this one. i was thinkin about G13 for my next grow. good luck man and keep em' green.

Latest posts

Back