Bluelab EC Truncheon Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pothead

Reaction score
Bluelab EC Truncheon So my g/f just got me one of these for my b-day along with a carbon filter. Umm how do I use this thing? LOL. When I test my water with the Truecheon, it says 2.6 but the pH is at 6.0....No idea what 2.6 means.... someone help me out, possibly?

Also I have been trying to find a good article about it and possibly someone who would explain to me how to use it and all...

I just looked at the chart and it said that 2.6 means that the ppm is 1820. I have no idea if that is good or bad. My plant is currently in its last few weeks of veg.

thats seems pritty high how old are your plants? how do they look?

I have a bluelab - truncheon nutrient meter myself

congrats on your meter! I really like mine! worth every penny.

I've had it about 2 weeks now!

enjoy:D

I'm sorry I just reread your post, last few weeks of vegging?

wow that ppm seems to be very high, but your plants would not be looking so good if that was the case.

any pics?

Yeah I'll get pics in a matter of 30 minutes. My hydro plant looks AWESOME and that is the reading that I took. Word.

I'm working on deleting all the pics from photobucket so they'll be up soon

well if it at broke dont fix it!

does your wand also take ph reading? if so did it come with a cap for the end?

no it doesn't read the pH only the EC. Yeah you can see the cap on the top of the wand. Btw do I really have to store the wand in the water? The manual didn't say anything about that....

store the bluelab by just hanging it up outside of growroom.

its readout is in ppm EC and CF all equal the same so if your at 2.6 then thats the EC electrical conductivity value.

so the meter would therefore read a CF of 26

and ppm of 'DONT EVEN GO THERE TOO HARD TO UNDERSTAND IMO'.

so being 2.6 thats way to high even for fully grown plants max ive ever had on mature 4ft plants was 24cf equal to 2.4ec.

so you have to water down until the reading is like 1.0 ec or 10 cf.

cleaning every two weeks with some unscented 'jif' type scouring liquid on one fingertip and rub the twos sensors-the two grey coloured spots on probe end then rinse under running water.

ps the slotted white part on the end of the probe pulls off btw for cleaning the 2 x sensors.

also each time you dip into a nutrient solution before you store the probe give it a quick shake about in a bucket of water.

lastly great choice best on market and look after it and itll last 5 years+

Thanks man. I changed the water today and set it to 2.0 so that would be ideal since 2.0EC is 1000ppm.

BTW I LOVE understanding various mechanisms to the fullest so the finer the factor, the more i love it. I wish I had a ppm meter that would give me the EXACT readings.

Thanks for explaining on how to store the wand. I just clean it after each use, dry it and store it in its box.

Latest posts

Back