Bob's Introduction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob_kemp

Reaction score
Hi --

I'm new here and I grow my own tobacco at home. I just searched the forum and found "tobacco" all over the place, but couldn't really find a thread where y'all were trying to save money growing it instead of buying it.

I'm in N. Central Texas and I have no high hopes that Texas will ever legalize pot for medical use, although I know I'm sick and need some badly! (grin)

I have a large greenhouse and sell 1000's of garden transplants every year and since tobacco and pot are both tropical plants, it would stand to reason that both would be grown the same save for the purpose - with pot you want flowers, with tobacco you want leaves.

If any regulars can point me to a tobacco growing thread or want me to start one, let me know!

Bob

Welcome to the forum bob_kemp :)

Guess what.

This is a Marijuana forum where 99.99% of everything is to do with marijuana.

Do you grow Marijuana?

Several people are interested in growing Tobacco, we have a Gardening General section.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28

If you grow both, please start a thread in it and help all the interested people, me included ;)

:peace:

Im very interested, Please start a grow journal for tobacco or just tell me everything you can :)

I live in the north east states.

Hi --

I just wrote a basic overview of how to grow tobacco over here:

DELETED

Bet it won't let me post this URL, lol, well, I tried. someone needs to ask me lots of questions so I can hit 15 posts!

It's in the Gardening OTHER section, something like tobacco plants....

Bob

hey there welcome to the site!

Hi --

Thanks for your warm welcome!

I knew that people who were growing pot would see the value of growing your own tobacco. I mean, not only can you control what pesticides and additives go in your smoke (in my case NONE!), but you can save $2000 or more a year in mostly high taxes for tobacco!

Check out the General OTHER section where I explain an overview of growing tobacco and just answered how to start seeds this AM.

Bob

Latest posts

Back