Brick weed to soft?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sl0wdr0

Reaction score
I didn't know where to post this...

I know alot of weed that comes from bricks are real hard due to compression but is there a way to uncompress a brick? Make it soft again. I've heard something like a humidifier or a vaporizer, but I just wanted to know peoples opinions and other techniques if this is even possible.

Chip a bit of the brick off and put it in a glass of water, leave it a few hours, drain the brick out and re dry it, the water will not harm the weed, all your doing is letting it expand then re drying it :)

Putting it in the water would not form any type of molds later?

it shouldnt as long as you dry it right after and dont leave it sittin around wet...

I break pieces up and put in humidor that I got a a b'day present, works very well. Before that used to wrap in damp towel and allow to absorb moisture from towel slowly.

I don't sell weed, only smoke it.
Usually when I do get weed in brick it is also very dry.
I think it tastes better when not real dried out, and when I do roll the occasional joint I prefer it to not be so dry it falls apart, that's all.

TURKEYNECK said:
whats the point? just grind it up and smoke it...

HippyInEngland said:
Unless it is being made to look better to sell on :rolleyes:

The weed is so hard that it broke a friends grindy. Was gonna get one of those super heavy duty titanium steel... IDK, a good one, but still haven't. We used to but the weed was hard.

i wouldnt even smoke weed that broke a grinder haha...cant you find better nuggets

HippyInEngland said:
Chip a bit of the brick off and put it in a glass of water, leave it a few hours, drain the brick out and re dry it, the water will not harm the weed, all your doing is letting it expand then re drying it :)
ive done this before when i got some really hard severely dry brick weed but from experience usin ordinary tap water after mine dried it had like a white crusty look to it and i thought bout it and remembered that our water is loaded wit soethin that always crusts up the faucets etc. so just for safety measure i'd use bottled spring water and also would chlorine in some tap water hurt the thc at all?

sl0wdr0 said:
The weed is so hard that it broke a friends grindy. Was gonna get one of those super heavy duty titanium steel... IDK, a good one, but still haven't. We used to but the weed was hard.
every once in while i run into a bag of brick like that as well. it breaks the acrylic grinders easy. but personally i enjoy smokin my herbage as well as admiring it nomatter wat form brick or nuggets etc... i like to break it up by hand unless im vaporizin it. then i got a battery operated grinder i hit it wit.

I couldnt say that i have smoked brick weed in years, i feel sorry for all who have to.

That being said, we had some trainwreck a while back that was extremely frosty but a little dry. To solve the problem my boy put the buds in a tupperware with a damn paper towel, the buds managed to get their "squeezability" back after a 24 hour process.

We going through the biggest drought right now in the tx panhandle. Insane prices for swag (i know i didn't spell that right). Usually 40$ an O, now about 80$ an O, 2 oz are around 130$. It's just insane.

I dunno why but I'd rather be high on swag than dro, that crazy high is what I like. So finding this brick weed is all that's around on what little there is.
Tried some white widow, orange kush an alaskan thunder ****. Some crazy stuff.

But I'm still trying these tactics haha but I keep on smoking before I can test them out.

dude the best way to do this is to steam it with a pot of water and a metal strainer w ith a handle, the ones that we use for noodles, step one boil water about half pot full and leave it boiling, step to put your stash in the strainer and hold it over the steam and watch it unfold! be careful not to burn yourself and flip the stash and pick the buds off and set aside to cool off. do this until the brick breaks apart by steam. do not get it too damp "you can let it air dry for a day" and store in a zip lock bag with an orange peel also

sl0wdr0 said:
We going through the biggest drought right now in the tx panhandle. Insane prices for swag (i know i didn't spell that right). Usually 40$ an O, now about 80$ an O, 2 oz are around 130$. It's just insane.

I dunno why but I'd rather be high on swag than dro, that crazy high is what I like. So finding this brick weed is all that's around on what little there is.
Tried some white widow, orange kush an alaskan thunder ****. Some crazy stuff.

But I'm still trying these tactics haha but I keep on smoking before I can test them out.

wow i wish our weed here was that cheap. 80 an oz... here all we get is brick and occassionally some decent nugs. but the scene here is really gettin scandalous. i mean like people beating trichs off their supply they sell or drying out leftovers fom making iso oil or dry hash and reslling it again. and theres bunch of people who get some decent swag and they squeeze the seeds out the buds and call it nugs and sell it for 100-120 a quarter.
the last few months the average price of smoke round here has risen bout 10-15$ a quarter from wat it was even a few months ago.
i cannot stand the people who are out there selling weed who are in it for a hussle and to make as most out of nothin as they can. i mean i've got a bag last week that was so wet almost as if it was sprayed down and the dude says it was fresh. i mean it looked exactly like brick but wet. now i know the difference between fresh buds and brick man and i got so pissed at the dude for tryin to pass thi onto me even after i put up my money for him to go gt it relying on his word. and dude tells me he cant give me my money back. i told him if he didnt i'd shove this bag down his throat. (please excuse the violent nature of my story). and the guy just lauged at me and turned away and started walking so i grabbed him threw him down and proceeded to keep to my word of shovin it down his throat if i wasnt refunded. i literally tried shovin it down his throat and dude coughed up some cash he claims he forgot he had in hin his wallet. lol
and wat really ticks me off is many friends of mine who get a bag and it turns out to be **** or come up short on weight of just plain suck or were lied to and decieved into buyin it. they all just say "oh well at least i found some" man o man people. dont be scared. its your money and you deserve wat you pay for and everyone who lets a hussler or scammer take advantage of you in my opinion it all contributes to the nature of the way things are going in some areas and some places. JMO. and trust me i know the feeling of having been lookin round for bag for days at a time and finally found some but it turns out to be crap or just flat out im standing wit rgret wishin i never got it and i would too shrug my shoulders an say oh well but no more man. for as much as i smoke and wat it costs here for weed. i'll be darned if i ever let someone get away from tryin to pass a fast one on or over me.
i live in the upper midwest states. and you would think that being canada is right on our border where im at that we'd have some good or even half way decent bud but its like someone plopped it out of their bum
im all out of my harvest bud from my first grow outdoor last year so its back to old times until next this years harvest. thanks for whoever listened to my rant lol

zipflip said:
wow i wish our weed here was that cheap. 80 an oz... here all we get is brick and occassionally some decent nugs. but the scene here is really gettin scandalous. i mean like people beating trichs off their supply they sell or drying out leftovers fom making iso oil or dry hash and reslling it again. and theres bunch of people who get some decent swag and they squeeze the seeds out the buds and call it nugs and sell it for 100-120 a quarter.
the last few months the average price of smoke round here has risen bout 10-15$ a quarter from wat it was even a few months ago.
i cannot stand the people who are out there selling weed who are in it for a hussle and to make as most out of nothin as they can. i mean i've got a bag last week that was so wet almost as if it was sprayed down and the dude says it was fresh. i mean it looked exactly like brick but wet. now i know the difference between fresh buds and brick man and i got so pissed at the dude for tryin to pass thi onto me even after i put up my money for him to go gt it relying on his word. and dude tells me he cant give me my money back. i told him if he didnt i'd shove this bag down his throat. (please excuse the violent nature of my story). and the guy just lauged at me and turned away and started walking so i grabbed him threw him down and proceeded to keep to my word of shovin it down his throat if i wasnt refunded. i literally tried shovin it down his throat and dude coughed up some cash he claims he forgot he had in hin his wallet. lol
and wat really ticks me off is many friends of mine who get a bag and it turns out to be **** or come up short on weight of just plain suck or were lied to and decieved into buyin it. they all just say "oh well at least i found some" man o man people. dont be scared. its your money and you deserve wat you pay for and everyone who lets a hussler or scammer take advantage of you in my opinion it all contributes to the nature of the way things are going in some areas and some places. JMO. and trust me i know the feeling of having been lookin round for bag for days at a time and finally found some but it turns out to be crap or just flat out im standing wit rgret wishin i never got it and i would too shrug my shoulders an say oh well but no more man. for as much as i smoke and wat it costs here for weed. i'll be darned if i ever let someone get away from tryin to pass a fast one on or over me.
i live in the upper midwest states. and you would think that being canada is right on our border where im at that we'd have some good or even half way decent bud but its like someone plopped it out of their bum
im all out of my harvest bud from my first grow outdoor last year so its back to old times until next this years harvest. thanks for whoever listened to my rant lol

Holy shiz..

sl0wdr0 said:
I didn't know where to post this...

I know alot of weed that comes from bricks are real hard due to compression but is there a way to uncompress a brick? Make it soft again. I've heard something like a humidifier or a vaporizer, but I just wanted to know peoples opinions and other techniques if this is even possible.

This may sound weird and I am not sure it would work with MJ, I've never tried it but its a thought.

My most favorite snack in the world it soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies, well after week or two of freshly baked cookies they kinda get crispy. One day I opened a tin of cookies my mom had made a week prior only to find a couple slices of white bread and the cookies just as soft as the day they were baked. My mom said the bread gently adds moisture to the cookies and keeps them fresh.

try it with a small chunk of that brick.

You would rather smoke mexican brick then hydro... This tells me that there is a major problem here... I have never heard anyone say that mexican brick gets them the highest. wow, 40 - 80 bucks a Ozie!!! The stuff I am blowing on costs literally 10 times that but it is also the purps, purple kush, god bud and bc kush... I think this may be a good time to start growing, so you never need to smoke that mexican garbage again. Good luck bro, let me know if you are interested in setting up your own personal garden, I will do all that i can to help because noone should have to smoke that stuff, the fact is... If we stop buying it, then they will be forced to stop selling it, and step up their game with a respectible product

I would have done the same thing Zip. I do not come from a "turn the other cheek" family, more like an eye for an eye. Usually Karma does it for me but I would be damned if I let someone rip me off and then laugh in my face.

Latest posts

Back