Bubblegum grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another thing is are you seeing any bugs on top of the soil? I had what looked like a defificiency like this once and first i thought ph?, nope ph was perfect, then i tried cal mag, it got worse, eventually I noticed I had fungus gnats, they are a little gnat that lives in the soil one female fungus gnat can lay 200 eggs, their larva once hatched immediately got to feasting on your roots, if you have 10 females thats 2000 hungry maggots festing on your roots, unfortunately by the time you notice the bug the problem already exists. if you do get some mosquito dunks and crush em up to a powder and water them in itll kill all the larvae.without reproduction the adults will eventually die off. keep a good eye for pests as this could be the result! also i see powdery mold, probably from all the foliar feeding and not enough airflow with the denseness of the plant structure!

do you have a cal mag supplement? if not youll need one soon as EJ encounter cal mag defficiencies often usually about 4 weeks into flower! Epsom salt has magnesium but not sure how to get calcium naturally cuz i use EJ elements cal and mag!

those pictures I took were right after watering it. I didn't spray very much on it. maybe 25 ml.I have a 220 cfm fan blowing on it. As for bugs I have spider mites, I havn't seen any bugs on the dirt.

i use a product called tanlin it a lil pricey but works and its 100% organic with an OMRI approval. can be used up to the day of hervest. its made up of diomataceous earth and when ingested by the mites or any bug for that matter it will turn to a crystal form in their stomachs and shred the insides of them up killing them, it was made for fungus gnats, but works for all insects/pests! you can get it at webhydro.com.

i put it in my feed and foliar spray all through the grow as an order of prevention as well as a treatment!

haha, short term memory loss?

That wouldn't be smoking related is it? :smoke1:

I went to the hydro store but they were closed early for whatever reason. I also need some flanges for my tent to set up the filter. It's really starting to smell the place up.

I'm throwing it on an 8-16 schedule. It's not worth the electric costs and I want my bubblegum to go in the tent asap

Here's my baby girls. One got a lil close to the light and burnt her tip, the other one is yellowing and im curious as to whats causing this. Is this her asking for nutes? I feel she looks burnt?

View attachment 202595
Far left is the one burnt by light, next to it is the yellow
View attachment 202596
The far right one is growing up really quick.
View attachment 202597
What's this?

All the little leaves (cotydlons?) or something like that are all changing color or have yellowed completely. Food time?

yes if the cotyledons are yellow then food time, but very light 1/4 strenght of the feed chart recommendations!

my week one feed goes like this. grow 1/2 tsp, microblast 1/2 tsp, catalyst 1/2 tsp. per gallon,

They were def wanting nutes. That yellowing has retreated almost completely. I find it so weird because my kush didn't want nutrients until it was at least 8" and showing preflowers. But I was reading that bubblegum is a nutrient fiend. Someone said they use 1100 ppm.

I followed your amounts exactly but for half gallon and I also added 1/4 tsp of hygrozyme.

I also left the kush on 12/12. I'm too attached to her to do her like that haha

thats cool, hygrozyme really isnt needed til about the third week of feeding, since theres no dead bacteria or salt build up present just yet! I also stop feeding hygrzyme the final two weeks so that everything is used up in the soil by harvest day, that stuff aint cheap, i try not to waste it! it renews dead bacteria and fungi so the plant can use it again. if theres none present then youre just wasting it.

Kush isn't doing so good, but not any worse either. I fed her cal/mag in hopes that she can correct it, but with no fan leaves and 40% of bud leaves brown on the edges, I don't have much hope. But I don't need the space quite yet so I guess I'll let her continue on.

For my next nute feeding for the bubblegum should I do 1/4 strength again and still follow feed feed water or should I throw a watering in between?

with EJ i feed everytime i water. you can progress your feed strength, id go 1/2 strength this time. stay with half strenght for two waterings then go to 3/4, then full. just watch how she reacts, she might need more sooner, once she starts getting bigger shes gonna need the nutes.how often are you feeding? i was thinking mwybe youre overwatering and that kush has root rot from it. make sure the soil gets a chance to dry out its very important! i usually wait for the pot to get light, and the leaves begin to lay down ever so slightly, but not too much, you dont want to underwater either.

I wait for them to droop as well, in some instances severely. My wife saw it and thought I killed it. I just watered it and said check it in the am and she was blonw away that it was perfectly healthy haha.

The kush I water probably 3 times in 2 weeks. Every 3-4 days depending. It's gotten better since cal mag, or at least isnt getting worse, but the buds are still growing and theres new leaf growth.

The little ones are just started to dry out from the last feeding Wednesday. It kind of worries me that it stayed that wet that long. Going to let it dry right out.

Now the question also comes, should I train these at all or am I better off to just let them go. My Kush was vegged 4 weeks from popping soil and has stopped vertical growth now. I still have a foot of space I could go up, but I think this was a good size.

I'm also going to take clones so it might make sense to top it and take those for clones?

yes id top twice, and lst. you want 4 main branches, then tie em up and pull them outwards to open up the center for good light penetration, thus better lower bud growth, and increased yields. and i take my clones from down low as not to mess with the canopy, and you wanna trim those sucker shoots anyway so make them the clones. watering times will vary depending on what type of pots you use. my smartpots dry out faster than my plastic nursery pots. nursery pots are once a week and smart pots are 4 days.

Here's the babies 19 days from germination. They are all around 3" tall and looking quite happy.

View attachment 202730

Kush 25 days into flower. The yellow is just the last of the affected leaves dying. I fed today giving it full everything but half of the grow, 3/4 of bloom but topped it off with molasses. I also upped the hygrozyme to 3ml (1/2 gal). I'm considering chopping her and making some shity hash or something.

View attachment 202731

My T5 isn't going to be cutting it for very much longer. I may just get another T5 to add with it. I need to buy another 6"inline fan. I have the 440cfm pulling through the cool tube and a 220cfm booster pulling from the filter but it just doesn't have enough juice to pull through. I've been attaching the filter every night and removing in the morning so the room doesn't stink when I get up. During the day I have the windows open to allow cool air and good venting and I don't ever smell it during the day. I tried changing the 2 fans around but that didn't work either. The booster works fine when in a closet, but not in a tent. Anyways, guess we'll see.

I should also mention I'm going to use air pots for their final growing place. I'm going to use the 12.5L (3.35gal). Really cool product, comes highly recommended.

Dimentions:
10.48" diameter
11.8" high

Or I could get the 5.2 gal, but with 4 plants in a 3' x 20" space I think 5 gal will be too much. Don't need as big of a pot with this style anyways.

Dimensions of the 5gal
12.48" diameter
12.6" high

Latest posts

Back