Bubblegum grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just went in there to get some dimentions as I try to make a little veg area and found 2 plants are getting brown tips curling up.

does nothing ever just go easy? haha

View attachment 202733

Looks like a little nute burn. If it stays there then you're fine, but if it progresses then you have issues. Many of my plants will end up with tip burn as I push them until they get that so that I know they are getting all that they need, then I back it off some and they do fine. :)

I fed them 5 days ago, is it normal for it to just show up now? I have the nutes for its next feeding bubbling now which will be half strength instead of 1/4. Should I go back to 1/4?

I also noticed that the ph after adding these nutes is around 5. Should I be adding lime to bring it up or does the soiless medium compensate for this already? It's only been bubbling 3 hours, so I know it will go up at the end of 24hours but will it really be that much? Hygrozyme will bring it down even more too.

The bubblegum are doing amazing. They are just growing like crazy. Starting to get new leaves at the nodes.

I fed the them today as well as they were looking a little droopy and one was starting to get a tint of yellow. I went and got earth juice ph up and down but was pleasantly surprised to see that the ph had gone back to 6 even with the hygrozyme. Just to make sure I wasn't too stoned I did a fresh set of nutes for 500ml and tested it and it was 4. Crazy how 36 hours of bubbling it raises the ph 2 points. That's nuts. The runoff ph was 6 as well. I ordered a digital meter cuz these test papers are a pita.

I also saw those grow bags you were talking about and was talking to the guy about those and the air pots and he said they are the same thing except ones a bag and cheaper. So I'm going to grab a few of those in 3gal and 5 gal. I noticed that there seem to be roots growing out the bottom of the container their in now. I'm not sure if that's the case or if it's something that's in the soil. I can't imagine that they've hit bottom already??

Happy Gardening

its possible, but root growth like that is a good sign. the reason the ph raises like that is you are activating and feeding the microbes , which buffer the ph naturally, i rarely use ph adjusters unless im just adding say cal mag as it will not buffer, so i adjust it. but it helps to put oyster flour in your soil as well instead of lime as its a lot easier on the microbial life and helps raise the ph a lil too. if you have a good microbial herd going it usually buffers itself after adding to the soil. Now if you see some ph related issues like twisted growth etc. id use ph adjusted water to make sure to regulate it. when organics is done properly it is pretty low maintenance for ph issues.

Little update. Quite a change in 2 days. I love this time of the plants life. Everyday there's tonnes of new growth.

This is the biggest one, plant number 2, or Big Bertha as I've named her.

View attachment 202834

All 4 ducklings in a row, not in any order.

View attachment 202835

Here's my measly Kush. The leaves are starting to get nice crystals. I burnt it again last feeding as I see all the tips are a little brown. If it doesn't get any worse it won't be too bad. If I chopped this girl down (27 days into flower, I was told she takes 50-55 days) would there be anything worth while from it? Like if I made hash would it still get us high or has the thc not been produced yet? This plants going to give me like a gram anyways, and I really want to get these little girls under the mh.

View attachment 202836

Topped the lil girls today. They had all reached 5 nodes. Just did the bend and break method. Going to Target in a few hours to get some supplies to make a veg box and will add some more lights to it as the plants are pointing up and leaves curling to look for light. I'm thinking of adding two more (at least 1), 3' HO T5's. I ordered another 6" inline fan yesterday because there is no way in hell I can throw these 4 in the tent and not expect any smell. They already stink up my whole closet and are only 4" tall. Way stinkier than when I had 2 kush 2 weeks into flower.

My Kush produced a bit of smell and so I had hooked a 220 cfm duct booster to my filter and the 440cfm to the cool tube. This just isn't enough to cool the tent so right now the 220 is pulling through the filter 24/7 and the 440 is pulling through the tent, then through the cool tube with bounce dryer sheets on the end. My whole hallway stinks of bounce sheets!!! people must think I have a laundry business.

I also got some Roxsul from work so I can make a little box to put over the fans to quiet it down. Fire proof, and sound deadening. Great stuff. Wear a mask and gloves when working with it as it is horrible stuff to work with, but it works the best!

I will post pics and a how to for each project when I get around to building it, which will probably be Monday.

Happy Farming

the four babies look really nice and healthy, youre on the right track. the kush will not produce anything until the trichs are cloudy, she has no thc at this point so chopping would be pointless, try to make it to the harvest window and chop when shes cloudy and then make some hash from her. it should be worth it! the leaves pointing up is not searching for light, its what they call praying, a sign that theyre happy. the stems will stretch when shes looking for light, increasing the distance between nodes. but in my opinion youre doing great, keep it up!

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation! I feel like they are quite happy too. They actually got a little close overnight and slightly burnt the tips. It's nuts they are growing an inch every 12 hours.

Big Bertha again. Now 7.5" tall

View attachment 202996

Same order as before

View attachment 202997

The Kush is getting some red hairs so I just gave straight ph water. I'm going to get some pipe cleaners today and start tying them down. I'm not sure if I should move them to bigger pots just yet or not.

It's really funny seeing them grow this way. I may have gone overboard today. All the new tops that got produced, I kinda topped them too. I think I did about 5 per plant. Some of the fan leaves are crowding the new tops, should I wait a few days to let the plants heal and then chop one or two per plant or just leave it alone?

definately leave it alone for the next week so you dont stress her too badly. then decide what you wanna do next!

They are actually looking really awesome and bushy and all the new tops are popping up. my main cola will now have 6 tops haha...yikes. I'm going to give them another week or maybe more to get them around the pots a bit more. When I take clones do I have to do it before the flip or can I do it after the stretch?

I took a branch off the kush today because It is really crystally and has 1/2 red hairs and 1/2 are curled. I hope it is done because it really isn't looking healthy. Buds look awesome but everything else is pretty much dead. My magnifier hasn't arrived yet so I figured a quick smoke test will let me know.

radio shack has magnifiers for like 15 bucks. a smoke test will work but not really accurate. you take clones in veg before the flip, prefferably from yhe bottom of the plant where the sucker shoots as we call em are. i always prune the bottom 10 to 20 % of the lower branches anyway cuz theyre worthless as far as bud production and steal energy and nutes from the tops. the theory is take a lil from the bottom to give to the tops! taking clones in flowering is possible but usually takes longer to root due to the influx of flowering hormones. i only do it if my clones die and im forced to. in which case youd clip all flowers off of it, then do the cloning process! it takes time for it to revert back to its veg state where clones root the best. IMO

just clip the flowers off the cutting not the whole plant, lol. i thought id clear that up a bit.

Hahahaha if I were high I just might have! Ok I'll wait a week to let it heal up, take some cuttings, probably take 6 in total and hope 4 make it. I guess I gotta give it a few days to heal after that too before flipping.

No Radio Shack here. I tried walmart and all they have is those handheld ones. I ordered the one from radioshack but the slightly upgraded version. It's to be here Monday or Tuesday, but I think this plant is ready to chop. I have had it on a 10/14 schedule to speed it up. It's actually only day 47 of flower but as I say it looks done. Guess I will know in an hour when it's dried enough to test it out. I'll report back with a smoke report, although I'm very skeptical that it's going to be any hell.

I'm in a bit of a hurry to clear up the space cuz my place is really stinking up from the 4 bubblegum. I tried making a little box for them but it just didn't work out too well as I was trying to not spend any money to do it and just using scraps. I think for the next run I'm going to build a mini tent or buy the secret jardin propagation tent.

Definitely going to chop the kush tomorrow. It's right where I like it. I was pleasantly surprised by how ruined we got.

Cool man sounds good chop her down, if you need any advice on drying and curing let me know! you can put the bubblegun right into flower after cloning as it doesnt really stress the plant, however I like to make sure the clones root well befor flipping in case i need to take a few more cuts. better safe then sorry, once you gain confidence with cloning you can flip right away!

Latest posts

Back