Bubblegum grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah sometimes you have to do that, that sounds like a K deficiency. id need pics to determine accurately.

Yea it's def K. Lockout from being too dry. I can't believe I didn't even think about it getting dryer quicker. Hopefully it recovers decently, but I'm sure I'll see a lot of dead leaves soon. It's crazy how fast it progressed.

2 of my clones are getting a bit of yellow on the tips so I made a light foliar feeding for them with just a touch of grow and micro. The humidity is high in the tent but there isn't any condensation inside the dome. Not sure if I should just take the dome off and keep the tent at its current levels (its 61 today. Humidifier is set at 45).

i like to use a lil superthrive in my aerocloner, its a b vitamin supplement, helps for stress, rooting. i spray my dome with water everyday to keep it humid, it likes as much humidity as possible! also you should snip off the tips of the leaves when cloning to help stop that as well.

Funny enough I have actually been using superthrive to spray them. Would it still be worth while snipping the leaves at this point or is it too late?

The humidity in the dome is gone after about 3 hours. It was even worse with my inline fan.

I just took a look at the girls and they have recovered. They grew about an inch over night and all the leaves have uncurled and are now pointing up. Of course I expect the affected leaves to die off but luckily it was only 1 of the 5 points in any instance so I shouldn't loose the whole leaf.

yeah in that case I usually just snip th bad part off, and no its not too late to trim those clones.

Good stuff. I snipped all the effected parts off. They looked really awesome today. I'll give them a few more days to recover and possibly think about trimming some more. It's getting a bit crowded in there.

My clones haven't changed much in color but they aren't exactly the healthiest looking things. I didn't trim them yet. I'm a bit scared to lol.

Here's a pic of them. Do they look ok or should I be buying seeds and planting them just in case?

View attachment 203746

View attachment 203747

They look fine, but are you using a humidity dome? They'll look better once they root, keep me humid and moist. Mine take 7-10 days to root, but I use a turbo kroner.

Yes, I'm using a humidity dome. I don't know if I should have, but I foliar fed and bottom fed them today because 2 are showing major iron deficiency. Gave a very light dose of grow and catalyst, and a normal dose (on the low end) of micro and some superthrive. They looked perfectly fine yesterday, then today boom. Yellowing from the tips in. Tops are still green, and there is new growth on all 4.

When there's no roots foliar feeding is the only way to feed, make sure to pay attention to the underside of the leaves where the stomata are, and light nutes are fine. You should keep the rock wool moist at all times, if it dries out, it'll burn up the roots and/or get an air embolism in your stem and you'll never root. But don't drench it either and use some rooting hormone in your feed. I use Olivia's liquid for feeding, and Olivia's gel on the cut. Also when you cut, soak the cut end immediately in hormone/water solution for thirty minutes before putting them in the rock wool, so they'll soak up alot of the rooting hormones. Just a few pointers for better success.

Should I be feeding daily?

I'm pretty sure I f'd this up as they are all starting to look like junk now. I'm going to order some more seeds just in case.

As for the ones in flower, it's day 5 and they have dried out completely. The tops are pointing up, but lowers are drooping. If feeding this soon should I still be using the same amount of nutes?

I ordered some Barneys LSD and Reserva Privada Skywalker Kush. I think LSD sounds like my type of plant. Sounds like exactly what I want, and the skywalker seems to be better than the Kosher as many say,although I will try it as well if the skywalker goes well. I know many medical users like skywalker so figured can't go wrong with skywalker kush ;) Comes with 2 auto freebies and some sativa freebie I will try later. The autos can stay in my germination tent :)

Sounds like a good lineup. I never had good luck cloning until I bought a t24 turbokloner. Now I get about 90% success. I paid 130 bucks for it, I figure that's ten seeds of dank genetics and ill never need seeds again! I love cloning now. With earth juice I use nutes every watering, even if its twice a week. With growing organically the microbes feed the plant as it needs it so its not gonna take up more than it needs, better to have more then not enough, but you can overdo it, don't feel like you can feed em whatever, cuz you'll burn the hell out of them still. Lol. Stick to a normal feeding schedule and keep it up, even twice a week if need be.

Yea man, just like most things cloning seems like a trial and error process. I'll keep trying but need to have some backup. I fed them again last night and yet again they shot up with lights out. Every time I feed them they grow 1-2" over night.

WrEkkED said:
Yes, I'm using a humidity dome. I don't know if I should have, but I foliar fed and bottom fed them today because 2 are showing major iron deficiency. Gave a very light dose of grow and catalyst, and a normal dose (on the low end) of micro and some superthrive. They looked perfectly fine yesterday, then today boom. Yellowing from the tips in. Tops are still green, and there is new growth on all 4.

Any time you are cloning(and it has been more than 2wks) and you see the plants begin to grow then begin to yellow from the bottom upward, That means that the cutting has rooted well enough to begin switching back over to structure growth. That means its time to feed it. I start with 1/3 strength of the max veg nutes(for me max veg is 800ppm) for the first few days, then bump it up to 2/3 strenght for about a week if the plant is showing good growth, then after 3wks I bump it to full strength. :)

Are you using tops of the plant to clone with, or are you taking cuttings from the bottom of the mother plant? If you are taking from the top of the plant it will take considerably longer for them to root. This is because the top colas of the plant have the highest levels of auxin which is the "veg growth" hormone. It is difficult to overcome the growth hormone and switch to rooting when the auxin levels are high. That is why most people take cuttings from the bottom of the plant where the auxins are the lowest.

The 3 smaller ones were from low on the plant, where the bigger one was about 1/3. It was a very nice branch that unfortunately was just getting too crowded. Keeping in mind when I cut them the plant was being forced to grow mainly horizontal.

After feeding them 3 days in a row the tops are now pointing straight to the sky on 2 of them. It has been 11 days since I took the cuttings and I have yet to see any roots. I was curious if I should just place them in soil or keep going at it until they pop?

Clone with 2 pretty much dead leaves. Tops are looking happy though.
View attachment 203893
The other ones. The big one starting to get white tips. They are droopy because I just sprayed them.
View attachment 203894
My happy girls 11 days into flower.
View attachment 203895
A few leaves that were affected by the nute deficiency weren't that bad so I left them on the plant, this being one of them.
View attachment 203896

those clones are still looking ok in my opinion. just keep up the regimine and shell pop roots. patience young jedi!

i generally clip all lower leaves off just leaving two nodes on them when cloning, less demanding of water and less energy used photosynthesizing, therefore more energy goes into rooting. just my opinion!

yeah, I agree that it works best to cut the leaves when rooting so that the plant can focus on getting roots developed. At this point, I would say that the yellowing leaves on the bottom is the plant's way of keeping the tops fed until the roots can start feeding the plant. I would give them a very light feeding with each watering as they seemed to respond to that each time. I suspect you will see roots come out the bottom within the next few days. :)

Latest posts

Back