Bubblegum grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff. I got the buds drying in a mini fridge with a fan on them and got the bubblegum into the tent. It's really time demanding to train them as in they need to be checked on and readjusted almost daily but I think I finally got them to where I want and should be worth it. So tomorrow I will take my clones and flip them to hps. Should work out well, I believe, seeing as it should take 2 weeks to root, then I have 6 weeks to veg till this run is finished. Now that I see how the plants end up after training I would do it a bit differently but for my second shot at this I feel pretty good about it.

Thanks for getting me this far! Will update with some pics tomorrow after they get fed.

I'd like to get 3 different strains going in the fall but not sure if it's feasible for a newbie. I'd like to have my bubblegum (if I like the buzz), Reserva Privada Kosher kush or skywalker kush, and I'd really like to get a sativa going, as that's what I really prefer. I love the up/giggly high you get from sativas, but I still like my indicas for meds. I'll have to do some more searching to find a strain that doesn't grow too large.

I just had a bowl of the fresh green and it is full of seeds just like the bag I had before. So I guess it just hermies. I thought I saw naners but it was surrounded by bud. The stuff is def potent though. How should I wash the tent to get any pollen out and should I delay flowering of the bubblegum now in case some fell on them? I washed the light and the bottom where the plants sit in before the transfer but I didn't do all the walls etc.

spray your plants with water, it will kill the pollen, your tent needs to be sprayed down with a lil bleach and water and let dry out real good. its important to get all that pollen out of the room before flowering that bubblegum. also you shouldnt put a fan directly on drying buds. you want to keep the air in ther moving but not blowing directly on them. the trick to good smooth great tasting smoke is slow drying, two weeks is what I aim for. you dont want them buds to dry before the chlorophyl gets a chance to dissipate. it will lock in a grassy hay smell and taste that youll never get rid of. also I leave the buds on the stems while drying, as they hold a lot of moisture in them which helps to slowly wick down into the bud and prolong the drying process. I only remove fan leaves and large sugar leaves, and trim further when the bud finally dries. just watch for mold. id turn that fan around and point it away from your bud and keep it as low as possible. Once the stems almost snap when bent its time to remove the buds from the stems, and tighten up the trim on the buds and put it into a mason jar to cure for at least two weeks minimum, any further curing will just be that much better tasting. just a few pointers to help you along in the drying and curing department. these were lessons hard learned and i wish someone would have told me before drying my first harvest. it tasted and smelled like hay/grass!

I know it sucks to wait another four weeks, but itll be worth it in the end, and patience in growing is the hardest and most important skill to posess!

also you need to exchange the stale moist air often when drying so the mini fridge isnt a good idea unless you prop the door open, otherwise mold will set in! the best way is to buy a rubbermade tote, 30 gal. and use wire to hang the buds and drill one inch holes all around the bottom and put a fan by the holes to help draw the stale air out! leave the top on so light doesnt get in.

Ya the mini fridge is open a crack. Enough that there's barely any light in there but enough that they are getting lots of air flow. The fan is a little usb fan, which is now facing against a side to just move air around.

Guess I got some house keeping to do! Damn Hermie. I think everybody knew, including me, that this would happen seeing as the bag I got them from had a few seeds.

View attachment 203280

View attachment 203281

Here's a couple shots of the ladies. I'm waiting for the bubbler to evaporate the chlorine before taking any cuttings, but upon further examination, I really don't know where I should take the cuttings from. I don't feel I have any branches that won't be colas at this point. See anything I don't?

Yeah your undergrowth really hasnt progressed enough just yet, id wait a couple more weeks and then try. you may wanna try to super crop it. check out some vids on it, but you just really pinch the stem with your thumb and fore finger about 2/3 the way up the main stalk. feel it with your fingers, one way should feel flat as opposed to having a ridge in it, pinch the flat feel just until you feel it pop. if you pinch it with the ridge feeling the stem will break so be careful. but the undergrowth will boom then! youll have tons of clones, or just wait it out and itll happen when they get a lil bigger, either way its a lil early.

also it doesnt seem as though you ever topped her!, the main stalk shouldve split int two main stalks, then top again and it splits into four, then you lst her.it looks like your just pulling her branches back. you have to top before you lst!

although doing what you did will help the light get to the lower shoots and thus grow bigger bottom buds, you just get more if you top first!

I actually did top her. I just have her trained in such a way you can't notice the tops, but my tops have actually been topped twice. I have actually have 4 tops on each. I've tied them down in such a fashion that they are slightly appart so later on more light can get to all the tops. At this point I have an almost perfectly level canopy on all of them.

Works out better waiting anyways. I have company over this weekend and would be better to not have the fans blasting and have to answer as to why I have a jet engine in my closet. On one girl I counted 14 tops since I topped everywhere I could before, which explains the super slow growth, but she started flying again.

oh ok cool. guess i just didnt see it in that pic. lol yeah keeping stealth is a big issue, recently my father came to see me and he was like whats that noise? reffering to the fan noise. I was like what noise???? lol. he looked at me like ok i probably shouldnt be so nosy, and kept it at that! but my dad is really cool laid back, and probably wouldnt have cared anyway, just wouldve been concerned for me going to jail! lol

My family would be 50/50. Some would flip out and some would want to smoke it haha. I just would prefer nobody at all know anything. Next thing you know your cousins calling you up to buy for their buddy and stuff then it just becomes a cluster lol Only one in the family that knows is my wife's cousin, who happens to be our lawyer, and she and her hubby love the herb as much as anyone lol.

Families all gone and I finally got to look at the lil ones. I still really don't have anything worth cloning. I have some small stems but that's about it. Going to pick 6 and see what happens. Might just go get some more seeds tomorrow and germinate them just in case. I'm also going to get some autos since I have the secret jardin propogation tent on the way. So if I have lights running 24/7 I might as well get some bud from it.

Should I not even bother cloning if they are small? Good news is they've all been topped already haha.

yeah id wait. you really need good secondary growth in order to clone, just be patient theyll start producing undergrowth soon!

I got my tent yesterday so I took 5 clones. I don't know if I did it right or not. They are all kinda flopped over looking at the moment. If all 5 make it I'll keep one as a mother. I've got lots of space in this tent other than height. It's 2'W x 3'L x 2'H. I have my humidifier in the tent with them set at 45 percent and one of the T5's on right now.

The girls got their first darkness since birth last night. They have really spread out and it appears like my whole tent should be filled with bud. It looks like a jungle in there ;) I'll try to take some pics tonight.

Edit:
Here's the girls loving life. They look very happy under this light. The room is at 78 degrees and inside the tent is 80 right around canopy level with the light 8" away. The clones are now standing up straight. I know typically to cut the lower leaves or even thin the top leaves but I felt like even if the plant droops it won't prevent it from rooting and it's less work it has to do later. But I just left then alone and they are quite happy.

View attachment 203574

yeah theyre lookin really good! you keep em healthy and theyll produce at least an ounce per plant. up to about 3 ounces if you have everything dialed in and use co2.

I better get over a Z for each. My Kush came in at 31 grams and it was a real piece of work, and I had some newbie pains as we know and I only vegged it for 4 weeks. I'm not using co2, as I don't really see it as healthy. There's way more than enough of it in the air, especially in the city.

My clones will be vegged until the ones in flower are done so they should be getting a nice 9-10 weeks before going in so hopefully that means even more!

yeah the more you veg the more you get but its well known that if everythings dialed in you should get at most a gram per watt. so 600 watts would bring 600 grams, but that being said ive never gotten to that number myself. there are a few growers here who do, bit i usually get .75 grams per watt and i use a badass greenhouse controller and co2 with fuzzy logic, so however many plants divided by the wattage of your room is a good number per plant of whats possible, depending on genetics and soforth. so you have 5 plants divided by 600 watts equals 120 grams per plant. you da man if you can get that! count on more like 1/2 that for your first run! and itll get better as you get better at knowing exactly what they like, aka being dialed in!

Had my first big hiccup. Woke up this morning and saw some rust color on the leaves and curling a bit. Has only been 6 days since feeding and was planning on feeding tomorrow but I guess they got dry a lot quicker with the more heat, plus being in flower and not getting any bloom yet was a mistake. Fed them today but didn't have time for a tea. Bubbled it 6 hours and fed as they keep getting worse.

Latest posts

Back