Buckeye Purple and Super Buckeye Clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure of what that MH bulb is putting out. A lot of MH bulbs put out 4000-5500k light. If yours is like that then you will find the Ipower MH lights, which are made to put out 6500k will give better results. but then when you switch to HPS and cut back to 12/12 they will stretch anyway.

they are 72,000 lumens. htg said good match for my setup/ ballasts. they do cause S T R E T C H.. i did try digilux 95,000 lumens. was not impressed for xtra cost. pup, was asking, do u know or think that keeping mh s about 18 inches above plants during last 2 weeks of veg. could cause that(stretch). would lowering lights down to 8 or 10 inches above plants slow stretch at all. thanks bud.. :confused2:

The Lumens are good for a space up to 5'x5' But the frequency of the light is also important. (the frequency of light measured by temperature using the Kelvin measure, also known as the color of the light) This is because the plants like a light temperature of 6000-7000kelvin with 6500K being ideal for vegging. The HPS bulbs b put out about 2100-3200kelivn. This temperature is best for flowering.

The metal Halide is supposed to be good for vegging but with many of the cheaper bulbs, the temperature is set around 4000k-5100k, some of the better MH bulbs are set to go to more "blue" spectrum of 5600k. The best to get however, is the ones made specifically for horticulture that emit around the 6500k light. These will give you the best results.

As far as the distance, I keep mine about 14"-18" above depending one where the footprint of my fixture lands. That seems to work well all around. The standard for distance to plants is to set the light to where you can hold your palm to the topmost growth and the light should be warm but not uncomfortable to the back of your hand.

Meanwhile, I am close to flipping my plants. I cleaned out some of the under growth. A friend or two are looking for some clones and I have identified some candidate branches for those. Unfortunately I have lost track of which plants are buckeye purple and which are super Buckeyes. Pretty sure the shorter, less vigorous plants are the perps,er, purps...

The Lumens are good for a space up to 5'x5' But the frequency of the light is also important. (the frequency of light measured by temperature using the Kelvin measure, also known as the color of the light) This is because the plants like a light temperature of 6000-7000kelvin with 6500K being ideal for vegging. The HPS bulbs b put out about 2100-3200kelivn. This temperature is best for flowering.

The metal Halide is supposed to be good for vegging but with many of the cheaper bulbs, the temperature is set around 4000k-5100k, some of the better MH bulbs are set to go to more "blue" spectrum of 5600k. The best to get however, is the ones made specifically for horticulture that emit around the 6500k light. These will give you the best results.

As far as the distance, I keep mine about 14"-18" above depending one where the footprint of my fixture lands. That seems to work well all around. The standard for distance to plants is to set the light to where you can hold your palm to the topmost growth and the light should be warm but not uncomfortable to the back of your hand.

6 inches and beyond is comfortable for my hand. my sweety says im a cold hearted sob though. :D

the plants are at the point where if i veg any longer they will be too tall to flower. that is the good news. the bad news is the mite problem i had on my original grow (where these clones came from) has returned. too late to turn back now anyway so i am pressing on. i flipped them to 12/12 lighting and changed out the 10000 kelvin t5's for 4 2700 kelvin t5's and left one 10000 kelvin and put in one 10000 kelvin with uv in. i hope this is not going to be a trial by fire again...

do what ever needs to be done to get rid of the mites NOW before the plants get further into flower, any further then say 3 weeks into flower is kinda too late and youll lose a majority of the crop... better get ontop of that asap and at what ever cost honestly, those are nice looking bushes in the latest pic you shared, would be a shame to lose them... stupid borg... never goes away...

thanks sunkard. i had them last grow and this stuff called mighty wash seemed to hook me right up. i agree that mites suck big time. i harvested i think mite-free. i sprayed them with mighty wash and sprayed the bejeesus out them in the show for a few weeks prior to harvest. i think i just need to bug bomb and clean house when this grow is all said and done. i am prolly gonna take a while off anyway in spite of my joy from growing. i just want to wait until growing is legal. keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath...

i also have 8 clones form these that will probably be slow-vegged until spring hits new england so i can plant then in the woods around here and let them fight for their right to party...

the girls are starting to show flowers. i fear i may have let them get too tall. going to have to super crop a branch here and there... pictures next time i am synced up with their lights cycle...

thanks rose. i grow with t5's from start to finish. the buckeye purple really don't stretch. the super buckeye stretches a little. the last minute spider mite resurgence kinda screwed me as i was planning on flipping a week or so earlier but wanted to spray a couple of times before flipping. i now have some sns 209 i am trying and i also have some doktor doom spray and dd bug bombs as well. i sprayed the plants off in my shower the other day to try to rinse off the eggs and dead bugs. after this grow i am going to do a super clean on everything in my grow area with some dilute bleach. then i am taking some time off. as much as i enjoy growing, i am waiting for massachusetts to go full on legal. it is on the ballot this year...

Thanks grass hopper. They look different from the mother plant but I think they are getting colder than the mom got. Recently put a heater in the room to even out the temp variation...

my lights are as high as they will go in my tent. i am hoping there is no more vertical growth. it seems like they are just putting their energy into growing flowers. one can hope...

4 of my clones from these plants have died. 4 are still looking ok. i am hoping these can find a home outside this summer.

yea, i almost always get 1 or 2 stretchers. i keep them on the very outer edges of the tent. One grow a couple touched the ceiling. had to take out the carbon filter. After that grow i started my flip sooner. makes cloning sound better and better also. :)

These are 6-8" taller than I usually flip. I was trying to see if I can get better yeilds. My last grow was pretty weak. Good quality just lousy quantity. Oh, and the super buckeye is what has stretched. Mel from Melvanetics said the purple do not stretch and she is right. I have the t5's on an angle so the supers can be taller and the purples can stay where they are.

My grow area is a lot colder than it was when I flowered the plant I cloned of off. These are a lot more purple. Haven't checked the tricks yet. About 5 weeks to go...

Latest posts

Back