Bud enhancers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ray jay

Reaction score
Hi guys, Bud enhancers do they work? Thinking about buying some. Your input would be a great help in making up my mind.

Thanks Ray Jay

ray jay said:
Things like big bud kool bloom....?

those type of products do work not sure about those two you mentioned never ran em before

HI,

There are SO many flowering boosters (PK) on the market and all of them work if used properly or there would only be one company selling one nute and we'd all be using it... There's a lot of claims and extensive marketing... There are lots of growers on here that grow very dank bud with the original GH 3 part Flora series or even one part base nutes... Most of a plants trich production is dependent on genetics. I've done some A/B grows in the past feeding all plants base nutes and with and without PK boosters and while I had more profuse flowering with plants using the boosters the dankness, or trich production was only slightly enhanced using the PK booster on the same strains grown with and without any flowering additives but I had slightly larger and fuller buds on the plants fed the PK boosters and some P deficiency signs late in bloom with the plant that didn't get the boosters along with the base nutes. Some of the addtives like the Kool Bloom you mentioned are to be used late in last couple weeks of flower as a 'finishing' PK booster. Big Bud from AN is made for using from the start of flowering up til the last two weeks of feeding when you would switch to using a product like Kool Bloom or AN would like you to use their product Overdrive which is a finishing booster in theory...

Happy Growing!:cool:

I consider those to be nutes and yes they work. I use aurora organics buddha grow and buddha bloom.

I used Humboldt County's Own, Snow storm ultra, and gravity on my last grow of Afghani # 1 because it is a strain that I am very familiar with, and I saw wonderful results with resin production, and harder bigger buds. I don't work for these guys, so I'm not trying to sell their products. I had heard alot about this stuff so I had to see for myself. The "gravity" is only used once or twice and can be overused, I have read where people did not follow directions (Newbie mistake, more is better) and it is very easy for the buds to become too hard, and risk of mold. All in all I will use these products again. An 8 oz bottle goes a long way. Again just my oppinion.

Hi all,, I'm a noob here and wondered if anyone has used Supernatural brand Bloom Terra for flowering. I used the Grow Terra for the veg and seems to work good. Stuff is expensive but hope it's worth it. Any opinions are appreciated.

ASEgrower said:
What about fox farms cha-ching and beasty bloomz?

I use these products, with the full Fox Farm line-up and they work great in soil. I use (all Fox Farm) Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom(liquidnutes), Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, Cha-Ching (soluble addatives) the last 3 solubles are to be used in a specific part of the plants life cycle as a boost. I also use Cal-mag when needed if seeing a def., and I use the Humboldt Counties Own products that I listed earlier in this thread. The FF stuff I use at 1/2 strength of what the feeding schedule says, except for the Big Bloom, which is more like an organic tea, that I feed both in veg and bloom, although you can feed it too much it is hard to od' them on big bloom.

"I use these products, with the full Fox Farm line-up and they work great in soil. I use (all Fox Farm) Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom(liquidnutes), Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, Cha-Ching (soluble addatives) the last 3 solubles are to be used in a specific part of the plants life cycle as a boost. I also use Cal-mag when needed if seeing a def., and I use the Humboldt Counties Own products that I listed earlier in this thread."

Although not a bloom booster, do you use FF Grow Big in the Veg Stage or do you use the Humboldt Counties products in veg state.

I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil 2parts to 1 part Fox Farm Light Warrior, the FFOF has enough added to it that you don't need to feed anynutes for a good month to month and a half. If I veg longer and the soil becomes depleted, I use the Fox Farm Grow Big, along with the Big Bloom. I also usually have to add some cal-mag during the veg cycle at least once. (depends on what strain I'm growing I think) sometimes a see a mag def, sometimes I don't.

The Humboldt Counties Own products are only used in the flowering stage, the snow storm ultra is used through the whole cycle (up to the last 2 weeks, I feed nothing then) and the Gravity is only applied once or twice depending on how they are looking. You CAN USE TOO MUCH of the Gravity...follow the directions...maybe even less, that is why an 8 oz bottle should last a while, unless your growing alot of plants. Did I give you the answer you were looking for?

Latest posts

Back