BUG FOUND! Have picture, what is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tact

Learning Everyday
Reaction score
Arghhh! Spotless grow room, bug bombed BEFORE the grow, no clones, all from seed.

Was cleaning up the grow room and checking on the recuperation of some ladies that were a bit thirsty last watering (they recovered). Was just picking up some dead leaves and removing some of the dieing, yet "moist" leaves because I did not want to promote any mold. So pluck one of these leaves, and inspect it for mold, and I see a clear-reddish little bug, just a single one. Not quite sure if its a mite, but what I am to conclude without a microscope, I have a piece of sh*t loupe from radioshack that isnt worth the Chinese plastic its fabricated from.

I am just shy of 6 weeks flowering completed, on Thursday the 7th week begins.

I am going to go do some more inspecting, this just got my paranoia level to *ucking aggravated!
Tell me its a harmless baby-spider, or the rare and innoculus insect-fairy of the mid-west!

ISEEYOU.jpg

bastard.jpg

u r too funny...I am not sure what it is sorry. keep in mind bugs can come in on your clothes and shoes..stinks doesnt it.

almost makes me want to get those throw away surgery scrubs..the paper ones and shoe covers...god I am a freak. imagine the site?

I'm going to have to vote spider mite, but I'm not really that good at bugs. If the spots on the leaves were white I would be more sure. Maybe an aphid.

Quite possibly a rare innoculus instect-fairy of the mid-west... :48:

I was thinking it looked like a mite but mine were white and clear not so much red but that could be lighting or different age stage..

It looks like a spider mite to me also, but the pic is a little small. Can we get a better pic of your leaf?

Hmm... looks like a deer tick, a bit reddish maybe a trace of brown.....IDK 100% but where I am there are thousands of these little B@$+@rds. More harm to you & pets than your plants but I'm make'n a guess being the pic is so small.

tact, is it just the one "bug" or are there more?
cause it looks like a mite to me

its a mite and they do NOT come just by themselfs check check and check again they can mess u up real good .

make sure they dot have H1N1 :)

Sadly, the leaf is unavailable. Good news, I inspected the hell out of the plants and saw zero bugs, I also had a scare while doing it:

Grow journal of this infected plant:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=639833&postcount=37

Chances are if it was a mite, I would of seen more correct?

I was checking under alot of leaves on all plants, and intensely on the ones immiedietely surrounding the plant that insect came off of. I will continue to check, but I saw nothing, on the leaf I found the insect on there were no 'white dots'. There was discoloration that was more in line with a dieing leaf. It was a 'mature' mite if it was a mite, I assume. Would that mean that finding its young, or something, would be easier?

Should I be preparing a counter-attack on the assumed, visually un-confirmed borg? They zerg when they get the momentum, then its just a noob-fest. The plants are in their 6th week, and going to start their 7th week on Thursday (weekly birthday). So what would be viable if I am to launch a combined-arms approach organically, chemically, or creativeley (I can lower humidity with a dehumdifier, raise/lower temp with a heater being on/off more/less). If they don't get a foothold until the start of week 7 is this a battle in which they can't bring their full military industrial complex capacity to bear before I harvest, and smoke their metropolis after a good curing. I am not above wiping the *** (bottom) of every leaf in the grow room, but I would be TK'ing the trying-to-develop trich action.

*Spellchecker is sometimes 'off' in my message typing, this makes me type more stupid then I talk.

cool if its just one but keep close eye on r plants and i would use some anti mite spray just to be on a safe side.

Mites, bro, looks like. Sorry. Google up some pics and flip back and forth from your magnified pic to the Google pic. See the back legs?

This looks just like yours: hXXp://www.mumsanddahlias.com/images/redspidermite.jpg

PencilHead said:
Mites, bro, looks like. Sorry. Google up some pics and flip back and forth from your magnified pic to the Google pic. See the back legs?

This looks just like yours: hXXp://www.mumsanddahlias.com/images/redspidermite.jpg

Yup, back legs!

What was that the mite version of the The Last Mohican. I could not find ANYTHING, moving, eggs, thats another story I guess. Man this means a trip to the worm for Neem+ more nonsense potentially. I hate the Worm with a passion, ooooooh god, no, no no, no.

I had better luck with a tank sprayer instead of a spray bottle, a tank sprayer can spray at any angle (good for undersiding) where as a mister bottle can not,
soak'em down every other day for a week, done :D

good luck

Do this now!!!! Buy 1000 Triple Threat Spider Mite Preditors about $50 including overnite shippinjg from Nature's Control. Sprinkle on damp leaves (they are packaged in corn cob grindings)and let these hungry little critters eat your mites! They eat mites. They eat mite eggs and when there is no more to eat...they eat each other. No spray, no poison and very, very effective and then they are gone. They also send you a very nice booklet "Hired Bugs". We indoor grow 4 crops a year and these babies work!!!

redbud123 said:
Do this now!!!! Buy 1000 Triple Threat Spider Mite Preditors about $50 including overnite shippinjg from Nature's Control. Sprinkle on damp leaves (they are packaged in corn cob grindings)and let these hungry little critters eat your mites! They eat mites. They eat mite eggs and when there is no more to eat...they eat each other. No spray, no poison and very, very effective and then they are gone. They also send you a very nice booklet "Hired Bugs". We indoor grow 4 crops a year and these babies work!!!

Man, that last surviving predator mite must be one bad-A little mama.

You'll open the door one day and he'll be sitting in there picking his fingernails, singing that Monster Magnet song:

I left my throne a million miles away
I drink from your tit
I sing your blues every day
Now give me the strength
To split the world in two, yeah
I ate all the rest and now I've gotta eat you

Good luck with the mites--the secret is to keep pounding them.

degenerative_disc said:
Seen that in Vietnam its a Crotch Cricket!!!!
Had them once never again!!

Cheers!!!!

lol crotch crickets, omg, I laughed so hard it hurts

Latest posts

Back