Busted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dr_toker81

'Re'Member???
Reaction score
so yeah i got busted today.. my wifes probation and like 4 cops swarmed and raided my house and took my 4 girls and all the sstuff i had all my para.... im lost i dont know what to do anymore. i feel so sick in my stomach. i have to go to the jail tomorow to get processed and to see what i get out of this// wish me luck guys. and any legal advise u can give me for the state of PA would be awesome. thanks guys . talk to yall soon i hope!

Raided for 4 plants??? Well it could be a lot worse, from what I have heard PA isn't as bad penalty-wise for cultivation as other states. How did they find out? I'm assuming your wife had something to do with it if her probation officers were there.

Bummer, man. Thinking good thoughts for you and your wife's future.

As has been expressed earlier, total bummer. I would recomend you find a lawyer who's active in the legalization movement. He, She, Or they would probably be more knowledegable about the laws pertaining to your situation. You can probably find someone through you state NORMal chapter . Best of luck to you, hope you find someone who can do you justice.

sorry to hear you got busted ,,,,best wishes to you and your wife ,,hope they go easy on you :peace:

Move to canada all we get is a slap on the wrist! :)

I would have any warrant looked at very carefully by an attorney. If they were there for your wife she was obviously not playing by their rules. If you had any idea she was doing something that could bring them into your home you should have tore your grow down long ago.

stides said:

your right in canada 4 plants is a misdemeanor

but i am truly sorry for what happened
bummer
get a good lawyer man
no prior charges u should be okay

ill pray for you

alshuray1 said:
ill pray for you

Is getted busted growing in the states really that big of deal?? What's the punishment usually??

stides said:

Alaska's about the same.. they been try'n to toughen the laws to no avail..

good luck with your situation bro

one of my wifes close friends snitched us out because she got caught stealing something from a store, so she told them about our grow to get out of her charges... i hope she rotts in hell. i have 4 children to take care of and im not a bad person, i like to smoke a little pot here and there and i dont grow more than i can smoke, i mean its not like im out there sellin the stuff... but i guess the law is the law and im screwed. and now i think my wife is leaving me. . im a mess i dont know what to do.. i have to be at teh police station at 7 am. uuuugh. i hate life!!!!

i think the law in Pa is anything under 5 plants is a misdeminor and i dont ave any prior drug charges so hopefully i wont have to sit too long!!!!

Pennsylvania

The PA laws page from NORML:

Incarceration
Fine
Possession
30 g or less misdemeanor 30 days $500
More than 30 g misdemeanor 1 year $5,000
Possible probation for first offense.
Any second or subsequent conviction can double penalty.
Sale or Cultivation
Distribution of 30 g or less for no remuneration misdemeanor 30 days $500
Sale of less then 1,000 lbs felony 1-3 years*,
if prior drug conviction 3 years and max fine $5,000-
$25,000
Sale of more than 1,000 lbs felony 10 years $100,000
To a minor by seller over age 21 felony double penalty double penalty
*MMS 2 to 10lbs or 10 to21 plants 1 year; $5,000 (double if subsequent offense)
*MMS 10 to 50 lbs or 21to 51 plants 3 years, $15000 (if subsequent offense, 4 years, $30,000)
Miscellaneous (paraphernalia, license suspensions, drug tax stamps, etc...)
Paraphernalia possession or sale misdemeanor 1 year $2,500
Paraphernalia possession or sale to minor misdemeanor or felony double penalty double penalty
Any second or subsequent conviction can double penalty.
Details

Possession of 30 grams or less of marijuana is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to 30 days in jail and a fine of up to $500. The penalties for possession of greater than 30 grams increase to a possible one year in prison and a fine up to $5,000.

Delivery for no remuneration of 30 grams or less of marijuana is treated as possession with a possible penalty of 30 days in jail and a fine up to $500. Cultivation, delivery or sale of 1,000 pounds or less is punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $15,000. For amounts greater than 1,000 pounds, the penalty increases to a possible 10 years in prison and a fine up to $100,000. The court is authorized to increase the fines beyond the maximum to exhaust the proceeds of the crime. Sale or distribution to a minor by a person over the age of 21 doubles the possible penalties.

Delivery of marijuana within 1,000 ft of a school or within 250 ft. of recreational playground is punishable by 2-4 years in prison.

Possession or sale of paraphernalia is punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine up to $2,500, unless the sale was to a minor, in which case the possible penalties double.

For first offenders, the court may grant probation without verdict.

Any second or subsequent drug conviction increases the possible penalties to twice those for first time offenders.

hXXp://www.norml.com/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4560[/url]

one of my wifes close friends snitched us out because she got caught stealing something from a store,
And she's leaving you? Sorry about your situation, as stated get a mj savy lawyer.

It could be a lot worse, for example look at the law in a DIFFERENT state, whether you have one plant or 100 it is the same penalty:

"Cultivation, delivery or sale of marijuana is punishable by up to seven years in prison and a fine of up to $25,000."

I'm sorry to hear that you got told on, I know first hand about that. The guy that snitched on me got stabbed by someone else in Las Vegas and died, karma can be a ***** sometimes. Maybe your wife is just reacting to all the drama right now and will be cool when she calms down and sees the big picture here. It's a stressful thing when things disrupt your routine. Stay positive and things will work out.

trust me dude this is just a ruff spot in life for u
you dont have any prior convictions
you ll be fine you may have to pay a fine
but as far as substantial jail time IMO you wont have to go through
that part. They may hold u for formalities sake
u know finger printing mug shot and possible bail
but since they didnt bring u in upon raid i highly doubt it
as for your wife thats exactly it she's your wife SHE'S NOT GOING NO WHERE
shes just going through a hard time just like you
IMO
just be there for each other
you guys will pull through

stides said:
Is getted busted growing in the states really that big of deal?? What's the punishment usually??

In my state, cultivation of ANY amount is a felony with a fine of $25,000 and a MINIMUM MANDATORY SENTENCE OF 3 YEARS, with the possibility of 10-99 years. That's 3 years mandatory-the judge has NO authority to sentence you to less than 3 years.

AG

dude sry to hear it...but in some eastern states it 6 months jail in scho zone.per.1st all she on probation.you got no bizz growing...thy can come once month to your house and llok around.beside thy drug test you on probation.JUst face the facts buddy...she wants you out the way for another man..maybe she thinks in her dumb *** brain she din't do any thing wrong.but she on probation and you have kids in the house?you get what you deserve.come on man you are the type that give this a bad name.you forgot the rulezz.du it still illegal.even if it was legal i would not grow around my children...just like i would not leave open beers or cigg's for um.but wait.....thats not going to land me in jail!!!still you broje the rules .

Clown, that has to be the stupidest post I've read on this board. You, my friend, are why pot has a bad name. Have YOU ever been in serious trouble with the law? If so, you should know the feeling Toker has right now and want to be supportive, whether or not you feel he made a mistake. If not, just wait-with an attitude like yours, you will know that feeling one day.

AG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back