can cloning save this plant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bongzilla said:
what's up guys, i need some advice on how to save this plant. it started as bagseed in cheap soil, left outside to die...but something in this plant wanted to live!! it's currently about 10 inches tall and working on it's 5th alternating node. the problem is, due to poor lighting conditions early in it's life, all the branching is at the top. the first node occurs about halfway up the plant, and the next node occurs about 3/4 of the way up the plant. my grow area has limited height, so there's no way it would live through flowering if it's already this tall.

i'm thinking the best course of action would be to buy some nice soil and rooting gel from my local hydro store, and attempt to clone it. all the cloning tutorials i've seen talk about cloning a stalk coming from the main stem, would it be possible to clone by directly chopping the main stem? i would make a diagonal cut about 3 inches below the first node, make a few cuts on the backside of the stem, dip it in rooting gel, and go from there. does this sound viable?

Ive cloned the main stem many times, works fine.

Latest posts

Back