Captains Log: OG Seeds - Wizards Potion (12 reg's)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks amazing fang :48:

the plant from bagseed. did the bud that it came from have a lot of seeds in it or was it dank with just a few seeds?

It had a LOT of seeds. And the bud was very good, but not as good as what I just grew heh :D

Thanks Shortbus! :aok:

beautiful man just beautiful.

tell us how she smokes, k?

laters

:bolt:

The PC clones were 110% better than the first run!! The taste was fruity yet cheesy in the end note, and the high was AMAZING! Especially in comparison to my first attempt with the PC!!

As for the 9 Wizards potion, I'm sitting at about 5+ more weeks on them, and everything is frosting up nicely. Not too much bulking going on (I don't believe) but frosting up for sure!

Also... the one plant now known as "Jungle Rat" should be coming down today.

Will start up a new journal soon with new stuff. Currently working on their 2 week "no nute" start are; Cotton Candy, Acapulco Gold, Sage N' Sour, Northern Lights X Big Bud, Critical HOG

Pics coming later hopefully

Hitting 40 days today. Looking to aim for 59-65 for a strong finish. Everything is very very frosty!!! I'll try to get some pics up later.

:aok:

Here's a few updated pics. Sorry I haven't been on this more, but there's been loads growing on around here!! :D

These have another 2 - 3 weeks left till finish. No real signs of burn or much "wear" but there was a decent amount of yellowing at "the flip" in the lower portion of the plants from a lack of Nitrogen, seemingly from me being too gentle on nutes (left over fears of my last major burned batch haunt me)

HydroProgressTall (1 of 2).jpg

HydroProgressTall (2 of 2).jpg

HydroProgressWide (1 of 6).jpg

HydroProgressWide (2 of 6).jpg

theres an easy way to remedy that problem Dr Green, keep records... when im growing a new strain and im not too sure on the tolerance to nutes, first see how it does in your soil mix in veg without giving it any nutes, most mixes feed for about 3 weeks then you need to start helping out with nutes, now lets say you have a heavy feeder, i doubt the mix will feed it for 3 weeks, maybe more like 2, and if you got a light feeder the mix may last longer then 3 weeks, its all strain dependent, aside from just watching and recording while they use up the tasties in the soil mix, when i start nutes i start with 1/4 str or 1/2 str, depends on how fast they eat up the tasties in the mix, also after i work up to full strength, ill hold it for a week, if no tiny tips are burnt ill keep pushing up the strength untill i find that sweet spot where it burns just the very tippy tips of the leaves, this insures they are getting the MAXIMUM amount of food they can tolerate every nute feeding, if it burns the leaves more then the tips ill back off the nute strength till i see its only the tips... i guess yah kinda get the idea here. a personal journal is what id recommend, not one on here but a personal recording of what you did and when, i get kinda anal with mine, date and time, work done and if watered, with what, tea, nutes, water, and how much each plant got. as well as the nute strength. all this so i can precisely determine how much them lil girls can stuff in their faces without burning them. and from that i can also keep track of what strains eat what amounts, that way if i have a mother/clones/seeds of a strain iv grown out fully already ill know what they want, also helps keep track of how much each strain wants if your running multiples all the time, can get tricky when yah have alot of different strains as each as different needs.

lol sorry for the huge paragraph and probably repeating myself, its been a long day already and its only just starting lol, hope this all helps

My soil doesn't contain nutes to feed, I use soilless (Sunshine Advanced Mix #4) and I did a journal, so was keeping track (kinda..it's on here, in my sig. The Cannabinoid Android one). It was my first grow, and the nutrients website mentioned to feed them everyday with nutes....so I did lol! I'm getting much better at reading plants now, and have eased off the feedings. I feed once every other day or every 3 days, depending.

And yeah, I understand the tips and reading them a lot better now for sure.. thanks for the reminders though, I absolutely appreciate it! :aok:

But yes, you're right.. I need to do a pretty detailed WRITTEN journal lol!! Basically, I want to get some of those larger calendars that have empty space to write in.

Also, don't apologize for the post, I surely loved it. :)

very nice. Short....fat....tight internodes. Very well so far Fang :aok:

Oh yeah these kids look really nice :icon smile: They have fattened up a lot since the last I saw them. With a couple more weeks to go, I wouldn't be surprised to see them fatten up more :)

How tall were those when you flipped them? how tall are they now?

alright well its seems your getting everything dialed in pretty well. and yeah that written journal is totaly a huge help, especially down the road when your like damn im growing this old strain i used to before and forgot all the little quarks of that strain /facepalm... lol my buddy was actually the one who suggested that for me when i started lol, hes got a pretty redonk personal grow in his basement, at any given time hes got like 30+ plants in flower, harvesting like 3 or 4 every week or 2, its stupid lol but yah the journal helps keep things in order when your have a stupid amount of mixed strains, like for example he said in general white strains seem to be shy, and your high producing skunks like skunk #1 or wonder women seem to be absolute hogs. i forget what strain it was but he had one that took about 2-2.5x strength nutes every 2 days, never showed burnt tips and after 2.5x strength hes said it was just too much nutes for one plant, he never pushed it to find the sweet spot but im guessing it was like 3x or more lol. well hope yah have fun clipping if you started, looks like alot to do XD lol i do wish i knew more people who grew and lived near me, would be nice to make friends and have trimming parties lol

They were about 16" when I flipped and they are roughly 40" now (max height)

Only reason I flipped so small was because I had 9 girls going on in one 4x4 tent. Glad I flipped when I did, because right now.. it's a total forest in there! hahah :) Everything has proper amount of space, so no real fighting going on, but it suuuuree is full!

Thanks 7green, Sunakard and Hush! :aok:

Cool, so they almost tripled in size from flip to finish, that is significant. I read up on the strain and it said they can go as much as 90cm which is about 3-4' tall, so that's right in there. I was just wondering how well they would do in scrog, if they would produce any better or about the same. They look like they are real close to full potential :)

Almost reached 7 weeks on these. They are blowing up. Total height is currently 32" from the 16" they were at during flip. Reason I flipped so early.. I had 9 females in a 4x4 tent. Everything fits perfectly right now, and I have quite the awesome canopy right now! :D

The smell is tremendous and the structure of the buds are excellent.

sunakard2000 said:
alright well its seems your getting everything dialed in pretty well. and yeah that written journal is totaly a huge help, especially down the road when your like damn im growing this old strain i used to before and forgot all the little quarks of that strain /facepalm... lol my buddy was actually the one who suggested that for me when i started lol, hes got a pretty redonk personal grow in his basement, at any given time hes got like 30+ plants in flower, harvesting like 3 or 4 every week or 2, its stupid lol but yah the journal helps keep things in order when your have a stupid amount of mixed strains, like for example he said in general white strains seem to be shy, and your high producing skunks like skunk #1 or wonder women seem to be absolute hogs. i forget what strain it was but he had one that took about 2-2.5x strength nutes every 2 days, never showed burnt tips and after 2.5x strength hes said it was just too much nutes for one plant, he never pushed it to find the sweet spot but im guessing it was like 3x or more lol. well hope yah have fun clipping if you started, looks like alot to do XD lol i do wish i knew more people who grew and lived near me, would be nice to make friends and have trimming parties lol

haha trimming parties.. id have donation parties for reverse donations ;P gg GF as always green to ya pce

last undried bud of mine was 22g new record.. satori and exoudus look to be like 40gs OOr more we'll see they hdro is killing it

Today marks 7 weeks down, and 1 - 2 more to go. Going to check amber today to figure that out, but I have a feeling I'll be going 2 more weeks. (Edit: Just checked trichs.. I see a decent amount of amber. I'd say about 10%. Seems like this is the last week for the Wizards Potion. Just hoping to get 2 o's from each plant, at least.

OverallProgressDeficiencyWide (1 of 10).jpg

OverallProgressDeficiencyWide (2 of 10).jpg

It's settled. This coming Saturday is chop chop day! 56 days in, and it will be the end :D

Ok, with chop chop day around the corner, I figured I'd snag some pics while I was up in the room tonight. Between HPS lights and the fan blowing (I should've turned it off!) I got "ok" pics.

MajorExportWide (1 of 30).jpg

MajorExportWide (2 of 30).jpg

MajorExportWide (3 of 30).jpg

MajorExportWide (4 of 30).jpg

MajorExportWide (5 of 30).jpg

MajorExportWide (6 of 30).jpg

MajorExportWide (7 of 30).jpg

MajorExportWide (8 of 30).jpg

MajorExportWide (9 of 30).jpg

MajorExportWide (29 of 30).jpg

MajorExportWider (3 of 4).jpg

MajorExportWider (4 of 4).jpg