Captains Log: OG Seeds - Wizards Potion (12 reg's)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I mean.. we ALL have to deal with hermies sometimes down the road is what I came to the conclusion of when I started. First two grows, full sinsemilia each time, and on my 3rd run, my clones are also without seed... just these genetics and temps and ... sigh. I'm just hoping I've got all the balls, but I mean.. I just expect to have seedy stuff from this tent. It'll still be great I'm sure, just a tad bit of a bummer.

Heading up right now to get some pics. Will update within the hour. :aok:

Wonder where those 24 ozer's went...?

:smoke1:

:stoned:

:rofl:

@7greeneyes: :aok:

Here's some pics. The yellower stuff is the Pineapple Chunk and the front green one is (now been called) Jungle Rat.. gave it a name for fun, since it's a total mystery.

Then the other smaller ones are the Wizards Potion. The one of nine in the back right of the tent, was the lanky one that I thought was a male and gave most my herm issues.

Also a shot of all three 4x4 tents in a row. :D

NewBeginningsWide (1 of 9).jpg

NewBeginningsWide (2 of 9).jpg

NewBeginningsWide (3 of 9).jpg

NewBeginningsTall (1 of 1).jpg

NewBeginningsWide (8 of 9).jpg

NewBeginningsWide (4 of 9).jpg

NewBeginningsWide (5 of 9).jpg

NewBeginningsWide (9 of 9).jpg

Yesterdays pics were a bit blurry.. so here we go!

I specifically got a pic of my herming going on. I've been plucking all the balls, and have seen no nanners yet. We'll see what happens.

BetterBeginningsWide (1 of 9).jpg

BetterBeginningsWide (2 of 9).jpg

BetterBeginningsWide (3 of 9).jpg

BetterBeginningsWide (4 of 9).jpg

BetterBeginningsWide (5 of 9).jpg

BetterBeginningsWide (6 of 9).jpg

BetterBeginningsWide1 (1 of 1).jpg

BetterBeginningsWide (8 of 9).jpg

BetterBeginningsWide (9 of 9).jpg

BetterBeginningsTall (1 of 4).jpg

BetterBeginningsTall (2 of 4).jpg

BetterBeginningsTall (4 of 4).jpg

I llike your setup! i had a few questions tho what type of grow tents are those? about how much are you expecting with your yield i see you have alot of plants in flower? and finally could you take pics of your tent to tent exhaust setup? lights as well thanx :joint:

Dr. Green Fang said:
I've been plucking all the balls, and have seen no nanners yet. We'll see what happens.

YOU CAN DO THAT!!! Wow you learn something new every day.

I thought Herm Edwards was a lost cause!

I thought Herm Edwards was a lost cause!

Well it kind of is. The chances that I get all balls are slim to none I believe.. but I think I have an infertile type of herm.

@ Gary: I'm in two 4x4 "Sun Hut" grow tents and one 4x4 "Lighthouse" grow tent. I kind of hate the Lighthouse, but the Sun Huts are amazing! I would buy them over and over again! As for how much I'm expecting, I just really can't tell. Buds may look large but weigh little.. at least that's what happened with my last grow. Thankfully, from here on out I'll have double the lighting. Speaking of lighting, I use two 600w HPS setups in each of the two flowering tents, and two T5HO 4 bulb 4 foot fixtures in my vegging tent. As for the ducting, that was quite easy. I just ran 6" flexible ducting from one tent, to another.. nothing really fancy there.. the tent that was pulling air is just pulling from another room that way. I'll get pics of my lights and exhaust tomorrow for ya. :aok:

Thanks for stopping in all.

One of the AG's is starting to fall over..I'm contemplating germing 1 more "just in case"

*As per request*

Here's the ducting. I have 6" ducting connecting Tent #2 and veg tent together, just to allow the veg tent to get exhausted. Tent #1 and #2 are done the same way. Carbon Filter is up top, tubed into one light, then "S'd" to the other light, then out the tent, into the fan, then out the fan up into the insulated area with exhaust up top.

DayBeforeChopWide (4 of 17).jpg

DayBeforeChopWide (5 of 17).jpg

DayBeforeChopWide (6 of 17).jpg

DayBeforeChopTall (3 of 3).jpg

DayBeforeChopWide (7 of 17).jpg

DayBeforeChopWide16 (1 of 1).jpg

Here's some updated pics of the 2 clones that are now 9 weeks in, the 1 "mystery plant" that we've named Jungle Rat... and the nine Wizards Potion that are about 3 weeks in.

I'm 99% sure I'll be chopping down the 2 Pineapple Chunk clones tomorrow. I could push them another week, but I'd rather just take em down. Don't think (with the slight issues I'm having with salt buildup etc) that giving them another week will give them much more. I'm at like 5-10% amber if that, but all cloudy is good for me too. What do you all think? I was going to run them 10 weeks (Next wednesday) but I think I'm just ready really.

DayBeforeChopTall (1 of 3).jpg

DayBeforeChopWide (9 of 17).jpg

DayBeforeChopWide (17 of 17).jpg

DayBeforeChopTall (2 of 3).jpg

DayBeforeChopWide (10 of 17).jpg

DayBeforeChopWide (11 of 17).jpg

DayBeforeChopWide (12 of 17).jpg

DayBeforeChopWide (13 of 17).jpg

DayBeforeChopWide (14 of 17).jpg

DayBeforeChopWide (15 of 17).jpg

DayBeforeChopWide (8 of 17).jpg

pineapple chunk :48: nice job fang. sorry about those herms on the potion.

we gotta have a serious talk about your duct.

how many holes for ventilation do your tents have each?...4 right?

are you still running 1, 6" 400cfm fan?

you should be daisy chaining the lights together, and using the additional holes to allow the air to passively exchange the air throughout the 3 rooms. you want to create a loop of air. put the fan at the left or right end of the tents. daisey chain the hoods together, with 1 carbon filter at the end of the run. any remaining openings should be connected with the tent next to it, and closed off to the outside. using small sections of the largest duct that will fit in the holes. use it to hold the shape of the openings, and connect them together. the only holes exposed to the outside should be on the tent where the fan is directly attached.(at the beginning of the loop)

i also strongly suggest picking up a 6" booster fan(approx. 40$). install it after the second hood. this will help your inline fan to pull the air more sufficiently.

ShOrTbUs said:
pineapple chunk :48: nice job fang. sorry about those herms. on the potion.

we gotta have a serious talk about your duct.

how many holes for ventilation do your tents have each?...4 right?

are you still running 1, 6" 400cfm fan?

you should be daisy chaining the lights together, and using the additional holes to allow the air to passively exchange the air throughout the 3 rooms. you want to create a loop of air. put the fan at the left or right end of the tents. daisey chain the hoods together, with 1 carbon filter at the end of the run. any remaining openings should be connected with the tent next to it, using small sections of the largest duct that will fit. to hold the shape of the openings. the only holes exposed to the outside should be on the tent where the fan is directly attached.

i also strongly suggest picking up a 6" booster fan(approx. 40$). install it after the second hood. this will help your inline fan to pull the air more sufficiently.

I'm running a 6" 435 CFM Hurricane with 6" ducting to 6" Phat Filter in Tent #1. Tent #2 is a 4" 375 CFM (I think) Hydro Farm (?) with 4" ducting to 4" Phat Filter. I go from filter, to light#1 then to Light #2 (with an "S" curve of ducting connecting each) then out of the tents to the fans, then exhausted to the ceiling.

But you're also saying to take short pieces of ducting to interconnect all 3 tents? Theory is sound, I'll have to give it a try....I think hah :) I may have to buy more ducting now though.

As for the PC, yeah I was going to let it get more amber, but I'll just pull at mostly cloudy I think. The leaves are quite yellow, I don't see another 5-7 days really helping them tremendously, but again I don't really know lol.. unless I go those days.

So I'm about 95% sure I'm going to take those 2 tomorrow, and 5% saying "wait till weekend, or next Wednesday to make it 10 weeks"

that last pic there in the back yah got some runaway tops, might think about some low stress training or lowering your light a bit since all your plants are so low, reduces stretching to a degree

Yeah, that's the one pheno (the one that's hermed the most) ..Lights are a good level, that's just a very spindley one. Cheers for the mention, I do agree.. I'll probably give her/him/she/it some bending over tomorrow, I believe. :aok:

are you running 3 flower tents, or 2 flower 1 veg?

1 of the tents has 1200 watts in it?

having 2 fans is a different story, but you shouldn't be running 1200w in a 4x4. simply for the amount of heat you are generating. run 2 400's or a 400/600.

if i was you i would run 400/400 in 2 tents, and one dedicated veg tent. it seems like your not utilizing all of your space all the time by doing it this way, but it allows your perpetual grow to to be more flexible.

i would do it the way i drew it on paint. 6" for the flower rooms 4" for the veg room, but make the rooms commutative. connect the middle tent with the other 2 via left over duct holes. you should end up with 3 commutative holes & 3 passive intake holes.

untitled.002.jpg

Two 600w HPS fixtures in a 4x4 isn't too much in my opinion, you can never have too much light. sure, you could have heat issues, but I'll take care of those in the summer when it matters. Right now, I'm not getting over 85*° in a tent and it's getting really cold at night here already. I can touch the hood with my hand and feel absolutely 0 heat.

So to clear it up, I have two 600w HPS lights and enclosed hoods in each of my two flowering tents, and I have a veg tent. All 3 tents are 4x4.. I just have the veg tent connected to one of my flower tents with 6" ducting.

I've been working with someone very good here on the forums over the phone for about a month now. He's the reason I put two 600w lights in one of each of my flowering tents :D My buds were wayyy too loose and fluffy..I could just tell the lumens weren't even close to enough.

I will go over this post you sent me with him and see what the general thought is. I am grateful for you mentioning to change some more vents and open up some more passives, that does seem like a good idea. Thanks so very much for taking the time Shortbus, and please don't think I'm disregarding anything you say! Thank you, thank you! :aok:

its all good fang. just tossing around idea's. can never have too many of those. :48:

by all means keep the 2 600's if your devising a plan to fix the heat issues. my suggestions were based on not having to make any additional investment into the grow room. i try to shy away from telling people to spend money to fix issues whenever i can.

the greenest mojo for you

Thanks so much for not getting offended with my last post. I've talked to that user on the phone since and showed him the chart. He says you definitely nailed a proper thought though. The biggest issue I have right now, is I'm pulling air from veg station into 1 flowering station.. that is a NO NO. I do see that now. I'm going to be getting a 180cfm centrifugal fan for that tent soon enough. For now, I'm going to open up most all passives and use some fans to push air in and pull air out. Not the number one solution, but I'm not hitting insane temps anymore until next May. :D

I'm going to work on a few other things though, but I think the way they are with a dedicated system in each flowering tent is decently efficient.

As for the heat issues, I'll be doing a window mount A/C this next summer,and use some 4' ducting to "steal" air from the front vents and ducting it in to the tents. >=D This worked great with my drying cabinet this summer, so I expect it to work better than nothing certainly. I mean I did a summer grow, with a 600w in each tent, and no A/C this year as my first grow ever. Yes, the heat stress on the days it hit 95 in the tents surely lowered yield, as I got 24 oz's from both 4x4's, but I still did a decent haul for a n00b who's growing with no A/C and using the nutes every single day (lol.. :facepalm: 1400+ nutes every single day...dang!)

So yeah, I'm surely going to work on some cooling down this summer, but hey.. spring, fall and winter are going to be ROCKIN' around here! :D

Cheers Shortbus, please continue to give any an all thoughts to my threads!

OH and by the way... everyone... Taking down the two Pineapple Chunk clones that are 64 days in on flowering. Lots of yellowing from what seems like Potash and/or Phosphorus def.. an issue that I'm thinking is sorted out.

Pics coming later! :aok:

Latest posts

Back