Captains Log: OG Seeds - Wizards Potion (12 reg's)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:) nice, a lil mystery dank never hurts anything. Hopefully you find gold there, Fang. Just watch out for late bloom nanners.

:peace:

Everything is looking quite decent. Little hot on the nutes, but pretty soon I'm looking to have a lot more control in my grow. These last 9 (yes officially 9 :holysheep: ) going in this 2nd tent, is going to be my last run in soil (for now, unless I go organic, which I don't see happening)

Fully Hydro (Ebb/flo + UC) with a new feeding regiment, and system / setup, things are going to be looking UP! :D

Pretty sure I see 1 "ball" on one of these lanky females. There's pistols everywhere, but I'm sure I see a ball in an area. I'm thinking of plucking it? It's like the plant wanted to be female, but thought about being a male for a minute?

Higher temps you can get away with better running ebb and flow, but to high will be disaster in any form.

If its a herm chop it.... Or pick it and see where it goes.

If its a herm chop it.... Or pick it and see where it goes.

The whole plant or just the branch?

And yeah, it seems like the plant didn't know what it wanted to do.. started to develop a ball, and then shot pistols everywhere. Only 2 balls I see are side by side and on one branch. I'm thinking of plucking the 2 balls and crossing my fingers. It hurts to drop a plant that's shooting pistols, and showing bud sites :(

BUT!! I want to do what you guys suggest. You have way more knowledge of this than me. I'll be sure to get picks tonight! :aok:

*EDIT* Also TOA, I'm going to buy a water chiller when next summer gets here :) I'm also buying 2 more 600 watt HPS setups, and another 4x4 tent for my veg setup today. I'm such a happy Green Fang! :D

thats really cool, Fang! giddyup!

I think Trillion meant pick the boy sacs off and keep watching that plant to see if it turns any more tranny....

Well... everything in the tent has a few balls or so. So here I go, plucking away for eternity lol. I'm going to account for 1) Genetics.. and 2) 35 degree massive day time temp change over night the other night. Weather has been crazy and I think it may be playing havoc in the room. All the bud sites look super healthy! Worst case scenario I have some killer green with a few seeds in it here and there. :D

Reallllly bums me out though, but I guess I've had to attain this experience sometime along my way. May as well get it out of the way. :(

Dr. Green Fang said:
Well... everything in the tent has a few balls or so. So here I go, plucking away for eternity lol. I'm going to account for 1) Genetics.. and 2) 35 degree massive day time temp change over night the other night. Weather has been crazy and I think it may be playing havoc in the room. All the bud sites look super healthy! Worst case scenario I have some killer green with a few seeds in it here and there. :D

Reallllly bums me out though, but I guess I've had to attain this experience sometime along my way. May as well get it out of the way. :(

LOL--we have been having 50+ degree changes between nighttime lows and daytime highs--43 at night, 95 during the day.

What are you growing that is throwing nanners? That would make me nervous.

Looking forward to your hydro grow.

I'm growing OG Seeds - Wizards Potion. It was 12 regs.. I got 3 males taken out, then 9 of them threw pistols. Beautiful, long, flowing, purdy pistols.... and today, HERMIES! :(

I just plucked like 20 total balls from about 3 plants. If I had it in me, I'd throw away those 3, but there's wonderful bud sites starting all around. I'm thinking worst case scenario is I have some REALLY good... seedy weedy. I'll scrub down the tent good after and say "meh, oh well" and move on. Interesting, I've had 0 complications with fem seeds, but I've had reg seeds now show me pistols.. and then days later throw balls.

Oh and THG, I was comparing day time temp vs day time temp... if I were to compare how you suggested, it would be about the same. Mid 40's at night 90+ during the day... crazy weather!

But yeah, I'm thinking it has to be the genetics.

Still plucking some balls here and there... maybe I'll pluck em all? (doubtful but maybe?) :confused2:

The buds are starting to look extremely healthy! Here we go.. seeds or not, this should be fun. :D

Don't even think I found 1 ball tonight.. maybe I'll get lucky? I'm really just confused with the entire process. Basically if I don't pluck em all and pollen bursts, it'll make my buds seedy yes?

Buds seedy yes, bud less potent as well most believe

Seeds would be prone to hermi tendency too, not every seed but you'd know it's in the genetics and could happen much easier. Last half of this sentence is guess tho!!!??? Lol

could be helpful to throw some pics up of what your picking off... i too had a plant herm, only threw a single male flower at the bottom of each arm branch to the main branch, then just loads of budding above those single male flowers, defently a herm, if yah get a sack and split it open and see the structure of nanners then you defently got a herm, but cant say for sure without a good pic.

I think if it's a hermafro then it may be in the long term best for you to get rid of it and start over. I tried the whole ball plucking thing once and never again.

Well I'm like 3 weeks in on the 9.. 3 of the plants have shown them... I honestly think I've been able to get most all of them, but we'll see. It seems I'll have seedy stuff this run, and just clean down and start over.

I'll get pics in the morning.

Interesting, the one I was sure was a male... threw pistols, and is now the main "culprit" with balls. >.<

:( srry to see this man better luck next run, ya that temp drop made me bring my ods in again smh sure i'll be on the bug war myself again for that and trew em in with the satori and exoduse should turn into a sht show dn't feel bad coudl be worse

u still have some of your first stash i assume? so u nn to smoke ol seedy ;) mines curing atm hoping for 10z dry we shall see

I have less than 1oz left of old stuff.

All other 24 oz's are gone. I don't know what possibly happened to them :confused2:

I feel your pain Dr.,I just cut a Swazi Skunk that after babying for a couple months went hermie on me a week after putting her outside to bud,near bout broke my heart to do it.

Latest posts

Back