Captains Log: OG Seeds - Wizards Potion (12 reg's)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr. Green Fang said:
Thanks so much for not getting offended with my last post. I've talked to that user on the phone since and showed him the chart. He says you definitely nailed a proper thought though. The biggest issue I have right now, is I'm pulling air from veg station into 1 flowering station.. that is a NO NO. I do see that now. I'm going to be getting a 180cfm centrifugal fan for that tent soon enough. For now, I'm going to open up most all passives and use some fans to push air in and pull air out. Not the number one solution, but I'm not hitting insane temps anymore until next May. :D

I'm going to work on a few other things though, but I think the way they are with a dedicated system in each flowering tent is decently efficient.

As for the heat issues, I'll be doing a window mount A/C this next summer,and use some 4' ducting to "steal" air from the front vents and ducting it in to the tents. >=D This worked great with my drying cabinet this summer, so I expect it to work better than nothing certainly. I mean I did a summer grow, with a 600w in each tent, and no A/C this year as my first grow ever. Yes, the heat stress on the days it hit 95 in the tents surely lowered yield, as I got 24 oz's from both 4x4's, but I still did a decent haul for a n00b who's growing with no A/C and using the nutes every single day (lol.. :facepalm: 1400+ nutes every single day...dang!)

So yeah, I'm surely going to work on some cooling down this summer, but hey.. spring, fall and winter are going to be ROCKIN' around here! :D

Cheers Shortbus, please continue to give any an all thoughts to my threads!

i'm a hard person to offend :D . grow room design and construction is just something i really enjoy doing. so when i see people post questions about grow room setup's. i love to dive in head first, go all out with visuals and all that nonsense. especially when i've been ripping bongs all night. i get super creative when i got my red eyes on.

Dr. Green Fang said:
OH and by the way... everyone... Taking down the two Pineapple Chunk clones that are 64 days in on flowering. Lots of yellowing from what seems like Potash and/or Phosphorus def.. an issue that I'm thinking is sorted out.

Pics coming later! :aok:

Ok, well.. I'm choosing to give these another week. Only found 1 single amber in about 30 minutes of searching! :holysheep:

Also, I did so much training to really open those up, I figure "why let that training go to waste?" Hoping with the addition of the new light as well (last week) that I'll get the smaller buds to bulk up a bit more. :D

24 ounces from each tent was that dry? that sounds like what i would like to do. And how often a year do you harvest? Thanx for those pics man i like your set up hoping i can have one like this i the coming months. you have inspired me to order a grow tent next week lol

Hah, well glad I can inspire! I remember when my inspiration sparked. :)

I got 24 Oz's from BOTH tents.. most out of Tent #1. But I had various issues like heat stress, nute burn and pulling one tent too early. Also, was under light requirements for lumens per square foot.

As for how often, I can't really tell. I haven't done this for an entire year yet.

Dr. Green Fang said:
... The biggest issue I have right now, is I'm pulling air from veg station into 1 flowering station.. that is a NO NO....

Why is this a NO NO?

It's a no no because the tent I'm ducting into already hits 91 degrees, and now adding the veg tent heat on top of that...bit of a no no. I had to run with my tents unzipped a bit last night because of major temp increases. Surely will need AC this next summer, with two 600w setups in each of the two flowering tents.

Heck, it may be a good idea venting that way in the winter :)

If pulling air from veg room into a flower room doesn't that mean the air going into flower room is used air and not as good as fresh air?
Just curious?????

Yes Shecalls, that's why I'm thinking it's a big no no on my part. I mean, I have passives open on all 3 tents, so it's not only getting the air from veg tent, but just stating that chaining them is certainly giving used air to the other tent. I'll need to sort that out :)

Chopping away today :) 2x Pineapple Chunk (massively trained) are on their way down. Pics coming tonight! :D

Wow.. still going on ONE!!! Been trimming all day, but just picked up an assistant now that my daughter went to sleep... woohoo!!!

I told you it would be a marathon cutting them beasties down :hubba: The rewards will come in about 3-4 weeks :D

I'll get some pics in a hour or two... still.......chopping. :holysheep:

Yes, yes you did tell me Hush! This is more than the tent that had 4 or the tent that had 5!! It's just 2 darn plants, that were vegged over 7 weeks, MASSIVELY trained to make very very wide, and flowered for 10 weeks. :D

Well then, that was a long trimming process!! :D

Ok, if I had to guess, I'd say I got 10 - 12 oz's between these two Pineapple Chunk clones. Lots of large colas (in the top and bottom rows of the tent.. the middle 2 rows are smaller ones). Multiple posts needed for pics.. please let me know what you think. :aok:

LargeharvestWide (1 of 19).jpg

LargeharvestWide (2 of 19).jpg

LargeharvestWide (3 of 19).jpg

LargeharvestWide (4 of 19).jpg

LargeharvestTall (1 of 14).jpg

LargeharvestTall (2 of 14).jpg

LargeharvestTall (3 of 14).jpg

LargeharvestWide (5 of 19).jpg

LargeharvestTall (4 of 14).jpg

LargeharvestTall (5 of 14).jpg

LargeharvestTall (6 of 14).jpg

LargeharvestWide (6 of 19).jpg

And more..

The single plant left in the tent has been deemed the name; Jungle Rat. This is a random bagseed of some extremely seedy bud. Not a seed to be found so far, and man it smells great with a scratch n' sniff! Definitely had Blueberry in the strain!! :D

LargeharvestTall (7 of 14).jpg

LargeharvestTall (8 of 14).jpg

LargeharvestTall (9 of 14).jpg

LargeharvestTall (10 of 14).jpg

LargeharvestWide (7 of 19).jpg

LargeharvestWide (8 of 19).jpg

LargeharvestWide (9 of 19).jpg

LargeharvestWide (10 of 19).jpg

LargeharvestWide (11 of 19).jpg

LargeharvestWide (12 of 19).jpg

LargeharvestTall (11 of 14).jpg

LargeharvestWide (15 of 19).jpg

OH! Hey.. this is the Wizards Potion thread.. maybe I should throw an updated pic of them in.. lol

LargeharvestWide (14 of 19).jpg

And more..

Here's a pic of the trim and skeletons. One you can see was massively trained! I should've left some more of the skeleton for picture sake, but I like using that for making V's to hang on the line. :D

Also, want to step into my shop? I've got what you need! lol :)

LargeharvestTall (12 of 14).jpg

LargeharvestTall (13 of 14).jpg

LargeharvestTall (14 of 14).jpg

LargeharvestWide (16 of 19).jpg

LargeharvestWide (17 of 19).jpg

LargeharvestWide (18 of 19).jpg

LargeharvestWide (19 of 19).jpg

The WP is coming along nicely my friend. I am looking forward to seeing it at the end :)
I'll croak at you in the morning...Nap time now :)

Latest posts

Back