CFL lighting 101

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there slowmo, I went to that link and I couldn't find any hid mh or hps systems.... maybe I'm just not finding them.

I do want to be small and I'm not too concerned about yield. I am concerned about quality though.

Thanks for the reply.

when you click on the link look under the vapor light section.. those are small lights 150watts or less. if your looking for a whole lighting system try .xxx.insidesun.com they have reflectors and all that

cyberquest said:
while i was out at wal-mart today getting some pots i browsed thru the lighting section and ran across these and picked them up.
walmart_logo2.gif

26w 1600 lumens 6500K ;) price : $6.44

here is the 6500K next to a 2700K , you can see the yellow/orange color of the 2700K and the blueish color of the 6500K. i have two 6 light bars in there, my goal is to have 6 2700k and 6 6500k when its all done.

so then from the pic i c ur usin the 6500k and the 2700k in combination durin erly veg... do u keep ur lighting set up like this from seed to finish or do u remove the 6500k's come frlowering... jus curious cuz i was at first under the understanding that u use the daylight 6500k's only for veg up til flower then the 2700k's seperate alone for flower...
????
other than that i have to give this thread a 2 thumbs up. ah hell i'll give it an extra big toe up too lol but for real, excellent post cyberquest. i appreciate this. as i will be goin cfl indoors this winter after this years outdoor harvest. thanks.

I don't know what cyberquest is doing, but my book recommended 6500k for veg and then either 2700k alone or 2700k with some 6500k "mixed in" for flower. I'm flowering with primarily a 120w 2700k with 6 other 20-ish watt bulbs, only one of which is 6500k. I don't know if there's a perfect ratio of 6500/2700 for flowering. It's working for me...the pic is from about 6 days ago..:D

P8170002.JPG

Ol' Cyberquest hasn't been on these boards in quite sometime. Shame to. He was a pretty stand up fellow.

Check out my cfl setup in my journal below.I'm using 10-27000k and 2-65000k cfl's in a old stainless steel sink I found for my flowering light.

hey sry if this question was already asked but i dont have time to read the whole thread right now as im about to go to sleep i have class tomorrow morning. but is it possible to use (3) 25 watt grow bright cfls 6500k, 1,800 lumens to grow a lst'd mother in a box 20'' - 29'' - 70''

Would theses CFLs work for both flowering and veg since its between cool white and warm white? Has anyone tried growing with only these bulbs?

hxxp://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100178351&N=10000003+90401+501576

hXXp://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100178351&N=10000003+9%200401+501576
Heres the link from Joga that is clickable.

I cant see anything that tells the light spectrum!

:watchplant: :farm: This thread is a must read for all neebies to indoor growing. Thank to new neighbors I have move the greenhouse indoors:confused: this thread changed my outlook on lights verus SUN for growing.:hubba:

:tokie: :48:

:headbang2: :bong1:

cyberquest said:
thats what i do, CFL for veg and 400w HPS for flower. my seedlings nodes are super close together which means they are loving the light.

now they say that more light in the blue spectrum will help improve your chances of female plants;)

here are the cool tubes i was talking about.
16d2_1_sbl.jpg

these cool tubes hold 65watt cfls??

This Is A Fantastic Thread But To Be Honest I,m Still A Little Unsure . To Keep It Simple .....and If I Have Two Plants 2x2x4 Space What Cfls And How Many Would I Need ???????

I,m Lost Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Thank you cyberquest for this excellent post. Thought I had it all figured out until I read your post about color temp spectrum. Find I purchased a "full spectrum spring lamp" for veging from a growers supply and it was only 2700K. Thanks to you I have returned it and reordered a 6500k.

RB1 said:
This Is A Fantastic Thread But To Be Honest I,m Still A Little Unsure . To Keep It Simple .....and If I Have Two Plants 2x2x4 Space What Cfls And How Many Would I Need ???????

I,m Lost Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

all im gonna say is the more the better. im currently on 2 42w an 11w and a flouro tube, i need more light.

I'm currently on:

1x 45w
2x 42w
2x 27w
2x 23w

Not sure of the spectrums but the 23 watters are more yellowish and the rest are really white. Seems to work fine :).

Buzzin lol. Thats just answered fair few questions i had.
What a star for puttin this info up.
Was thinking cfl to keep a mother plant going but couldn't get my head round what bulb/bulbs to get.
Pretty sure i got it sussed now so thanx

He some to check out that are pretty cheap hxxp://growwurks.com/fluorescent-grow-lights.aspx

Latest posts

Back