CFL veg room makeover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberquest

Junior GreenThumb
Reaction score
well after getting the HPS room setup the CFL veg room just look like a cluttered mess, and thats just not my style:cool:

so we made a trip to lowes and sent about $50 to do a total makeover:smoke1:

here is where we are starting, this room work, but its just a bunch of stuff that kept getting added on to trying to up my lumens per sq ft. i think i can make up something a little better then this.:rolleyes:

look at this mess, what a missed up, two way splitter mess, not to mention saftey..:p
000_0207.jpg

that flouro tube is 24'", and puts out a BIG 750 lumens, and how about all those splitters trying to get more CFL's in there:rolleyes: nice THOUGHT, BAD execution!
000_0208.jpg

like i say it works and all, but there are shadows cast everywhere cause nothing is uniform, its just all over the place.
000_0209.jpg

here she is out of the closet, that 750 lumens flouro is eating up a lot of room for only putting out 750 lumens, since one 26w CFL bulb puts out 1600:rolleyes:
000_0210.jpg

here is the new shelf going in , MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER, those two light strips cost $20 a peice, 12 light holes for $40, and look how nice and even the lights are spaced now.

here is a shot of the two of them together.

NOW we got us some good lighting!!! thats what i am talking about ( i was short 4 bulbs so there are 4 odd balls in there for now)

now since the mylar arrived today lets get some of that wonderful stuff up in there and spread that light around even more!

now this looks like a much nicer enviroment for my young ladies, nice even light, nice uniform grow;)

cflroom.jpg

cflroom2.jpg

cflroom3.jpg

cflroom4.jpg

cflroom5.jpg

cyberquest said:
so what do you guys think?

I think it looks pretty damn sweet man!! u did what i did... the ole chrome lightbar trick!! soo easy to wire up.. and they are mmmmm......chrome.... mmmmmm... (can u tell i have a chrome fetish?)

Maybe thas why i bought 100 feet of mylar last week myself.

thanks kade!!!
yeah i had massive amounts of wire running everywhere with the original setup, now i have TWO, thats it. so much easier, so much neater!

plus the chrome is nice too, my thoughts were more for reflective properties, but the BLING is nice too! :rofl:

GOT BLING??? :D

anyone know the reflective qualities of gold and diamonds?? :rofl:

BLING BLING

Latest posts

Back