closet grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh :cry:...im so sorry..let me see if i can help...

first that calex is swollen cause filled with THC not seed...but i would have to see it..and you did the right thing pull it hang it and smoke it...at 6 weeks im sure there was trich developed..so THC is present..and ..I would go in flower roomraise Lights turn off fans.. and mist all area down with water...focccus on area where hermie was..this will make what ever pollen present unviable..and while plants and walls are drying..inspect ALL plant in flower..IMO..when nanners seen...you should only take nanner...not budd/branch...this is stress late in flower and will bring about more nanners...we say pull the hermies and males...now again..IMO..a hermie is worst then a male..a hermie can open low and inside a bud and you dont know till its done its duty...most people i heard say had a hermie and chose to keep with other Ladies..thinking they can pick ...lol..nanners away was missled..and came back stateing their whole crop was seeded..well enough of my thaughts..i need my bong now

hi 4u!

good news is that i'm absolutely sure that it is a hermie due to genes, not stress. so y other girls are girls. and yes, the male flowers were inside the buds, very, very hard to spot. i'm sure there are more.

there are trichs, quite frosty plant.i would say half cloudy half clear. will be decent smoke on a weekday. but i'm still mad as hell. i will try to take a decent pick of what i think is a seed developing so you can see for yourself.

thanks for cleaning advice.

take care
/k

so, this is my harvest. quite ok i guess.

i also took a pic of the roots. i'm a bit unsure if this is rootbound or not. how much difference would it make if i had twice the pot size? growth has been good and i had no problems with overfertilization etc. i don't know what else could go wrong when rootbound.

take care

/k

buds.JPG

roots.JPG

kebnekajse said:
i'm sad to say that i'm pretty sure it made some of the other girls pregnant. i took some preflowers and looked inside them, and something was developing in some of them. but then again i've never done that before, so i don't know what they should look like inside if they are not pollinated. and besides, i have smoked wicked weed with seeds in it, so all is not lost./k

Hey K, sorry to read about the party pooper.. you did a real nice job though. I love that frosty bud pic... looks awesome. I hear ya' on the I'll smoke it anyway though ! Good luck w/ yer harvest!

a plant thats been rootbound will look wilted even though you feed it correctly. usually, i can tell my plants are rootbound when the fan leaves or secondary leaves are not responding to the light. a plant looks soo beautiful when its percky!

J-NUEZES said:
a plant thats been rootbound will look wilted even though you feed it correctly. usually, i can tell my plants are rootbound when the fan leaves or secondary leaves are not responding to the light. a plant looks soo beautiful when its percky!

what exactly do you mean? the leaves look like they get no light even when they do? does this happen on the whole plant or does it start from bottom, top? i guess mine wasn't rootbound (yet) then, cause i couldn't see what you are describing, except the leaves that in fact got no light.

kebnekajse said:
what exactly do you mean? the leaves look like they get no light even when they do? does this happen on the whole plant or does it start from bottom, top? i guess mine wasn't rootbound (yet) then, cause i couldn't see what you are describing, except the leaves that in fact got no light.

My experience - albeit limited - w/ rootbound plants is that the bottom leaves start to droop first. In a normal situation, flush w/ nutes+water and adequate light, the leaves kinda flare out nice and straight, kinda beckoning the light :)

Rootbound plants don't look so robust even when you know you did everything right w/ feeding.

HTH,

my hermie is dry enough to smoke. it's quite ok i guess, better than the soapbar hash that's around where i live. still a bit mad though.

but my other girls are ok. first 4 pics is of my clones. first we got all of them. they are starting to look ripe to me. thrichs are cloudy, starting to go amber. this seems like a good time to start the flush, and so i did. was thinking of cutting one now, to compare different harvest times, but i will let them go a few more days. still gonna hop them at different times though as an experiment.

a strange thing is how different the top buds are on these plants. the one in the (just over) 1l pot has the biggest one, see pics 1-2. the two others, in 5-6l pot and 2l pot, look the same (pics 4-5 of same plant). they are not as big, not even close. lower buds has packed some weight though. strange, light has been the same, nutes the same etc. only difference are the pots. the smallest one is clay, the other plastic. does clay pots breathe so to speak, creating a healthier root system? i heard the opposite, that clay pots should be avoided since they can build up salt.

pics 6-7 is my girl from seed in soil. she has really started to look her best! the fattening up process has just started, so i'm expecting her to yield quite a bit. not ripe in any way, she will go 9 weeks i think.

pic 8 is the topped girl, from seed in coco. looks like the same pheno as the one in soil. about as (un)ripe as her aswell.

that's it i think. take care

/k

clones.JPG

smallpot.JPG

smallpot (2).JPG

bigpot.JPG

bigpot (2).JPG

soil.JPG

soil (2).JPG

toped.JPG

Looking real nice kebnekajse :aok:

More likely just the different pheno's of the cross showing through.
Did you get that hermie out of your room before it spread any pollen?
Hermies are ok to smoke, just that all their energy goes to producing seeds instead of bud and thc.

after about 4 days drying and a few in jars, i thought it was time to weigh my sk. she yielded 15g. pretty decent, and smoke is a bit better than i first thought. drying and curing sure increases potency aswell as taste imo.

the buds shrinked a lot in size and are very airy, still decent after only 43 days of 12/12 i guess.

take care/k

DSC00218.JPG

DSC00219.JPG

pcduck said:
Looking real nice kebnekajse :aok:

More likely just the different pheno's of the cross showing through.

yes, if i had grown them all from seed, sure. but clones from the same mother should grow the same, shouldn't they? thats why i'm thinking something could be wrong with two of my clones, can't figure out what though.

Yes clones should look all alike if taken from the same mother. My bad I did not realize they were clones from the same mother.

intentional this time. it's day 51, time to chop the smallest of my clones. she's getting amber, not much, but more than an occasional amber thrich when i check ( ok, it's exactly 5.6% amber).

kind of dissapointed with yield, but i think the quality will be very good. frosty and dense. saved the trim in the freezer. gonna do hash or oil, have not decided yet, when i get the trim from the other plants aswell. perhaps i will improve on my ice-hash making skills. i use a pantyhose as a screen. works fine, but it's pretty hard to determine how much to stretch the hose. last time it was too loose, so i wasted a bit. but what i got was fine indeed.

the first pick is the lowest, least ripe nug. i accidently cut it of while trimming. second is same nug while on the plant. the rest speak for themselves.

take care/k

bottomnug (2).JPG

bottomnug.JPG

close.JPG

wholebef.JPG

wholeafter.JPG

so close to harvest. patience is a virtue, but it's soooo hard not to cut them.

first pic is the dried buds from my ppp-clone i choped a few days ago. it's 7 grams after a quick dried test nug.

then comes my topped one.

next up is the one in soil. after that budshot of same girl. and i thought this wasn't going to yield. i was wrong, she's just a slow starter. and i must say i love growing single cola plants. they look so good.

5-6 is the bigest clone, whole plant+budshot.

last pic is the small clone. i've been thinking that it's because of short vegtime that she yields bad. the clones were a bit stressd when i put them in 12/12. maybe the biggest one was a bit better of and therefore looks better. a week of 18/6 would do the trick for next time i think.

7g.JPG

topped.JPG

2,5.JPG

2,5 (2).JPG

clonebig.JPG

clonebig (2).JPG

clonesmall.JPG

I harvested my middle sized ppp-clone. now i got one that went 51 days, one 55 and the last will go 60 I guess. The one i harvested first is nice but not that strong. My room mate likes it a lot since he doesn't wanna get totally wasted.

This is what she looks like after a good trim:

pppmiddle.JPG

My last clone started looking wierd. I think it's getting overdone, atleast the top. Checked trichs, and oh my, there were a lot of amber ones at the top. Wish I bought a magnifier that didn't magnify that much, goes between 60 and 100x. Pretty hard to see how far plants have gone when you only see 10 trichs at the time. Also the focus is sensitive. Further down it was cloudy. Guess i could have taken the top only and let the rest go a bit more, but i didn't.

top.JPG

trimmed.JPG

some strains ripen real fast toward the end. Your buds are looking sweet:aok:

I think you will find a better yield with each grow ya do, I know I do.

Yeah, nothing has happened at all the last 5 days or so, and all of a sudden it's done! But as I said, it's not easy telling how ripe it is with my magnifier. Glad I did an extra carefull check today. And I am positive that the two girls I have left need at least one more week. Pistilles are 50/50 white brown. With this strain, pistilles get brown a long time ahead of the trichs. Don't know if this is true for all strains, but i get the impression that pistilles and trichs get brown/amber at the same time with most strains.

Looks like I'm gonna have a lot of weed for Valborg and 1 May. Big holidays where I'm from.

Latest posts

Back