Competition - One plant in restricted grow area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, looking back one week more of 18/6 might have been a good idea. But i thought that i should make light penetration good from top to screen, and it looks asthough i have succeded with that. A 250w will not give you as tight nugs as a 400w a bit down the plant, in my experience at least. But i would like two more branches to fill out my cab completely, but the strain itself is too stretchy. I think way of growning will produce the most bud. 6 weeks to go!

Oh, looking good by the way, Risky! But i guess you allready know that. Watch out for the yellow on the leafes entering the buds. Could cause mold from what i've heard. Might be the reason that my bm molded a bit last grow, but i can't say i'm 100% sure.

Happy 13-day (is that even a holiday outside of sweden?).

I will look out for mold KK... It would really spoil all the fun I had in this grow. You can always be wise when you look back, but all in all she turned out much better than any of us expected. You sure worked your magic on her... Chef on the other hand doesn't know how to limit himself :D I guess the miss is not to happy about mai li, huh chef? ;) But I've never seen such a tall indoor plant of this site before. Must be some sort of record.

PuffinNugs, I try not to worry too much. Thanks for stopping by

Wifey's not real happy but i miss my bathroom i'm using hers thats why she's unhappy. Dunno about a record but man she's tall! Your lady looks fine risky don't worry.

..and with a bit of luck, she's half done! Colas are swelling like crazy, many of them are the size of a o,5L bottle. I'm starting to think this plant will kick some serious... She's also starting to get a bit frosty, finally!

Had some problems, as you can see here:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51417

But i think it's gonna be ok. I've flushed and changed my nutes a bit. Lowered the main nutes and upped the P and K. She's very dark green and it looks as thouh she's burned by it. I'm also thinking it could be K-def, due to to much N and high temps. I'm trying to get as close as possible with my light. Today i noticed some leafbleaching! Not good, so i raised the lamp a bit. But i do freak out every time i see strange spots on my girls.

Take care and have a nice weekend. Me, i'm working.

DSC01105.JPG

DSC01106.JPG

DSC01107.JPG

I'm starting to get use to the yellow color.. I like to think that she is sucking out the last nutes from the leaves to feed the buds.

13 more days until she gets the chop. The feeding schedule ends Monday, then I will only feed her Ripen for the last 10 days... I think it will be some nice heavy buds.

KK - She is really surprising me.. Maybe you will actually surpass me.. SSH should generate some superb buds. But she has been a one really weird grow, good thing the is showing her colors now.

Edit: Please send a vote my way in the BPOTM, unless you are voting for yourself :D

Day 088 - 01.jpg

Day 088 - 02.jpg

Day 088 - 03.jpg

Day 088 - 04.jpg

Day 088 - 05.jpg

Woa you guys are doing kickarse on these one plant restricted grow areas.

Massive fallas! Damn fine looking ladies! Maybe one day.............

Snapped a bunch of mai li, super tall and starting to do something! Buds are fattening up even though i have......Abused the snot out her fer taking so long...and thats the reason she's taking soo long. The twins are pictured with her, soo tonight i start to baby her to finish. On the last pics cont., you can see a little sugar goodness on her.

DSCI0001.JPG

DSCI0002.JPG

DSCI0003.JPG

DSCI0004.JPG

DSCI0005.JPG

DSCI0006.JPG

DSCI0007.JPG

DSCI0008.JPG

DSCI0009.JPG

DSCI0010.JPG

DSCI0011.JPG

DSCI0012.JPG

I cannot believe how tall she is.. I would really like to try that genetics out, and see what I could do with some LST and HPS light... You know what fellows.. Next time we'll do a strain specific competition instead.. That will be much more interesting.

Wow... Turns out the leaves were yellowing for another reason.. The drain holes has clocked once again, leaving the water rotting... I was checking on the water today and discovered the awful smell again.. Lucky it doesn't seem to have gone into the buds yet.. So res change today and fixing the water flow.. I switched to GHE - Ripen today. All this go back to one little mistake I made in week 2 og 3 of flowering, when I put a piece of cloth under the water pump to dampen the noise. This limited the air flow and thereby the water flow allowing the roots to block the drain holes, which then made some of the roots rot creating a slimy mass that constantly blocks the holes in the system... So word of advice. Make sure NEVER to limit the air flow in one of these systems. :holysheep:

RiskyPack said:
Wow... Turns out the leaves were yellowing for another reason.. The drain holes has clocked once again, leaving the water rotting... I was checking on the water today and discovered the awful smell again.. Lucky it doesn't seem to have gone into the buds yet.. So res change today and fixing the water flow.. I switched to GHE - Ripen today. All this go back to one little mistake I made in week 2 og 3 of flowering, when I put a piece of cloth under the water pump to dampen the noise. This limited the air flow and thereby the water flow allowing the roots to block the drain holes, which then made some of the roots rot creating a slimy mass that constantly blocks the holes in the system... So word of advice. Make sure NEVER to limit the air flow in one of these systems. :holysheep:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RiskyPack again."
That's a good tip right there, Risky. I will not do tha if i get a system like yours.

But me, i'm going back to soil next grow. Found some perlite te other day, which is not that common around these parts, and took it as a sign. I have missed the whole mess with soil, but coco is so easy. Despite the problems i have atm. Oh, better go check up on my girl. Just came home from work and have a fresh cup of coffe. Bathtub+joint+book is my saturday night plan. Yes, i'm quite a partyanimal.

Yeah, i know i should do the mp-buckets... But i would not do it organically i think. It's supposed to work just at well with chemical nutes from what i've heard. And i can't see any reason why it shouldn't. But first:soil. I miss the way plants grow in soil. They do look better imo.

I think it's safe to say that the flush and change of nutes workwd. I can't see things getting worse, so danger is over for now. Which is a big relief.

Alright guys mai li and the twins. Buds are finally getting bigger and a few red hairs are popping up.

DSCI0150.JPG

DSCI0151.JPG

DSCI0152.JPG

DSCI0153.JPG

DSCI0154.JPG

DSCI0155.JPG

DSCI0156.JPG

DSCI0157.JPG

DSCI0158.JPG

I think i should have used pure water a bit longer, her state got worse. On top of it all, i noticed i've been watering with a pH of 6,7! WAAAy too high for coco. A bit pissed i did not check it the first thing i did. I mis like 10L of nutes, which last about 6 days or so. I use vineager as pH down, and i've heard it raises again pretty quick. So i guess i'm back to square one, don't really know what the problem is... But i fixed the pH and give her just water, so i'm pretty sure she'll be better. And it's still not like she's dying and the buds are swelling at a rapid pace.

Hmmm, might take a pic just to show you. I think this plant will have the biggest colas i've grown to date. Big chance of getting more than last time. I might even give you some competition risky.

Nice ti see mai li doing fine. Gotta love an independant woman. She couldn't care less that you want her to quicken up. She just keep doin her thing.

Wow chef, I didn't know you had those ladies secretly hidden inside your washroom! The tall one must be a sight to behold. Keep it up guys.

Latest posts

Back