curious on grows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mslady_1983

Reaction score
I am doing alot of reading on growing. This really gets me going.. could i LST my plants when they are 1 month into flowering?? i have a 4x4 grow i want to get the best yield a 600 watt can get me.

1 how long do i vegg for
2 how would i spread out in room
3 and ?'s like this because i do alot of wondering

i would love as much input to this thread on how everyone grows and the outcome of their harvest. i would really appreciate it

depends on how your plants look now. If you can make it so more bud sites are exposed on the plant then it'll help a little absolutely. I'm in the same spot as you actually. I'm in a 4x4 tent with a 400w and I'm upgrading my lights to roughly 1000w total. That would help with your next grow too if you were looking to up the light.

I'm LST on my current grow and so far they spread out nicely so for your next run I'd start LST them early. I have friends that have gotten 2.5oz out of a 1.5' plant under a 250w.

Depending on your strains, pot size, ventilation, cool tube or not, etc your layout could be very different. I'd suggest getting them as close to the light as possible using your hand as a guide. they are pretty much done stretching (depending on strain) but I'd allow a 1'' extra distance so roughly 10'' from tops of your plants. try to get as many bud sites visible to the light as possible and wait till they're done.

advice for your next grow I'd say veg for 4-6 wks from clone depending on how big you want them and lst right away so you can shorten the plant which will give you nice results if done properly. hope this helps :48:

thank you mjrivers. helps alot. you know just trying to get the curiousness out the way and at the same time try and get the best yield. thank you

I am sure for you at this point it is all so fascinating learning about this amazing plant. I have been reading all that I can and growing in earnest for about 2 years now and it still thrills me to open my cabinet doors and see how much my babies have grown. :)

I would suggest if you don't already, to get high times and or skunk magazines as there are many fascinating articles. I have read both Cervantez and Rosenthal's books and while they both are very informative, I have found many mistakes, discrepencies, and contradictions in their material. I would still recommend reading some of these books as there is great information there but it has to be taken with the mindset that these guys are not the authorities on MJ, and their knowledge should be taken as part of a larger collective of opinions and facts of from many growers' experiences(including the wealth of experience here among our friends). :)

All that being said(sorry for going off on a tangent), I am still trying different techniques but I have found that there are 2 techniques that help maximise yeild. One is to create multiple tops(if the strain allows for that) by topping, or Fimming, or Bending the plants over either through LST or SC. The other thing is to make sure that light is able to penetrate down into the plant so that lower bud get to develop more. Some would argue that by cutting away the lower growth rather than opening the canopy will allow larger buds to develop on top of the plant and produce more. I haven't tested these side by side to see which is better.:ignore:

It is very difficult to say that one method is more productive than another method as there are many good methods that are specific to the individual grow; and you will find that there are some methods that you will master and have great success with while other methods will elude you. Hamster likes to top his plants to create multiple top colas. I absolutely love to FIM my plants to do the same thing. :)

To answer your first question...You can LST your plants that are already deep into flower so long as it is done gently so as to not stress the plants. You probably will not see a big difference in the yeild as the plant structure is already set, and the training methods are best used during veg for maximum effect. But it will still benefit the lower buds if your plants are very bushy as it will allow more light to get to them and cause them to develop more before the harvest. :)

Hush puppy. Thank u for the the thoughtful input I love reading replays such as yours. Keepem coming baby. I'm done to read alot more.

Hey mslady1983,

Here is my 2 cents. For starters I'd veg for at least 4-6 weeks. Veg times are really dependent on strain (Indica/Sativa), Light wattage & a number of other things, so its really your call on the actual veg times but a rule of thumb is 4-6 weeks.

Secondly I'd start to train my plants as soon as possible say between week 2-4. I would definitely NOT wait until flowering to start training (LST). The whole purpose of LST is to allow lower parts of the plant to grow outward so the earlier the better IMO.

Here are some pics of some Sour Diesel at day 31 that I started LST'ing around 21 days of Veg (Under 400w MH) to give you an idea of how & what.

SD 4-2 (31 Days).jpg

SD 4-6 (31 Days).jpg

SD 4-7 (31 Days).jpg

SD 4-8 (31 Days).jpg

Latest posts

Back