Dakota trial

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zip

I would say that the two 4 gallon buckets I put in a few weeks ago look to be at about the 2 or 3 weeks stage if they were indoors. Other than those everything coming along just slowly.

i hear ya i just had to pull my beefiest plant this mornin too. male again. thats 5 in 3 weeks. i hope they done sproutin balls man.
got a bunch new pix on my grow too.
are u gettin a chain of really hot humid days an cool dry nights too?
i sweat my bum off all day and i can see my breath practically at night. lol its not cool.

Yesterday and today were a bit hotter than the normal around my parts. But before that it has been very very nice. Highs around mid 70s and lows around low 60s. According to google's weather it's supposed to be warm like it is now through Monday, but after that it's claiming that there will be a huge drop in temps, highs and lows, of about 20 degrees. It was predicting mid 60's for highs so I'll see. I think that the mini heat wave we are getting now is because of Hurricane Gustav.

I'm sure that anyone who has had to cut down a full grown female in bloom knows the pain. Oh well, had to do it, can't have a 6 foot, deep green plant sticking out like a sore thumb for anyone to spot.

Also, anyone else have to change their shorts after crop dusters fly over?

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

Why not just whack her in half? Then she would only be 3 foot and you could still salvage something, or hell tie her down with a stake.

they look nice man. last night it got down to almost 30 round here. and frosted further north actually. aint been out to check mine yet but hopefully the cold hasnt corrupted them. i dont like this weather streak of cooler temps we been gettin lately. all the hot cold then hot then cold its gotta be hella stress on them.

elwigum said:
Rain is a good thing. >2 inches and a few days of wind
we been gettin on an off rain all week now and like urs mine took off like bottle rockets man. mine are all (ten left) confirmed ladies as of tonite. got the tiny colas formin on the tops of all now. full of hairs. its amazin how much changes in under a week wit these ladies...

More rain last night for a bit.
This coloring is on all the plants so I guess it is something in the soil or ferts.

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

elwigum said:
More rain last night for a bit.
This coloring is on all the plants so I guess it is something in the soil or ferts.

looks kinda pretty tho. the colors... lol maybe ya got a purple strain or somethin goin on there. u used bagseed right? or u order specific strains?

i got bored tonight so i went out to lay out watch the stars out wit my ladies and a fat one and i noticed that 3 of my plants tops are startin to look similar to the last pix ya posted.
so now i'm curious also as to why urs are turnin that color. i guess i no experience in growin this far so i could not say. someone else?

elwigum said:
These are clones that I started a year ago.

u started clones a year ago and they been growing since up to this day for whole year??? seems like lotta veg time, not? lol oh well they still look great.
i really wish i could afford a digital camera dangit. i usually visit grow at night an my cell cam dont take pix at night worth a beans lol.

No I have been growing this line for a year indoors but when spring came I took some and put them outside. I just cut down and hung all of those so check out my other thread soon for updates.

More rain last night too.

After a few week cool down and some rain, now were looking at the next few weeks of 50/80 degree days. I would say that is about perfect. Just hope it's enough.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

weather here is bout the same as urs and im hopin its enough too.
love the photo edit job... LOL
all my plants have stayed pretty much all shorter than my heads height. its for the better tho. more stealth tho. but only 3 of mine are actually budding along real nice. but from the looks of the leaves on them i can say definately they indica or indica dom. but the others i know are all sativa dom. as the barely budding yet. they just showin hairs really and just gettin denser more congested tops wit leaves is bout all. i think i might be just makin some cheap hash out them come harvest if they don't produce any real sizeable yeild tho.
ya ever figure out the purpling of ya lil buds in them one pix? mine are doin the same thing and was jus curious

elwigum said:
No I have been growing this line for a year indoors but when spring came I took some and put them outside. I just cut down and hung all of those so check out my other thread soon for updates.

More rain last night too.

which thread is that?

I never did figure out where the purple hue came from. The plants are looking great. I hear you on the hash part. When I saw them triching up I was thinking that it wasn't a total loss.
From what weather.com is showing it looks like the next week will be great. These last few days have been just wonderful. Imagine an entire summer in these parts with 50/83 days with rain once or twice a week.
Anyway after that it looks like it will be getting chilly. I will be keeping a close eye on the lows and it looks like around the first of Oct it will be getting into the danger zone. I think I want to put my greenhouse over 2 of the biggest closest ones and build 2 makeshift greenhouses for my 2 three footers.
I'm thinking the greenhouses will be absolutely necessary to get a finished product.

Latest posts

Back