did i screw up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noob84

Reaction score
i planted mine back home at about 1-2 inches deep then sprinkled dirt on top, is that too deep? the seed had sprouted great in the paper towel, but did i ruin it? its been 3 days and no sign of anything? HELP?

Noob84 said:
i planted mine back home at about 1-2 inches deep then sprinkled dirt on top, is that too deep? the seed had sprouted great in the paper towel, but did i ruin it? its been 3 days and no sign of anything? HELP?
Did you germinate them before putting them in dirt? Sometimes they take 3 or 4 days to come up. Any sign of life yet?

what is germinate? is that when you get the root to come out first before planting? i did do that, the root was out quite a bit, still no sign of anything, its been about 5-6 days.

Noob84 said:
what is germinate? is that when you get the root to come out first before planting? i did do that, the root was out quite a bit, still no sign of anything, its been about 5-6 days.
Yes that's it. Give it a few more days and if ya don't see anything i would move some of the dirt and see whats going on.

did you put the tap root in first?

the root has to be faceing down and seed faceing up

i think my planter was just too dry. i was putting what i thought was a lot of water in it but the lamp just dried everything out. at the begining do you have to put a lot of water in until the plant starts shading the planter from the light? the light made the soil into dust even though i was watering it a cup a day. do i need to spend more time making the soil really wet before placing it under a lamp?

Water very slowly when you do water. Only water again when the soil has completely dried. Patience is a great virtue for MJ growing.

Fluid1 said:
Water very slowly when you do water. Only water again when the soil has completely dried. Patience is a great virtue for MJ growing.
like with a squirt bottle?

When its watering time, I have several gallons to dish out. I like to take my time, I use one gallon at a time and give them each a cup or 2. I then go smoke another bowl or something for 10-20 minutes and let that 'wick' through the soil. I repeat this method until I have runoff from all of them. If you are still in the seedling stage, just try this on a much smaller scale.

Good Luck

Noob84 said:
like with a squirt bottle?

I have found that a squirt bottle takes entirely too long. How big is the container that holds your plant? My typical method is to initially give the plant a decent amount of water at first, covering the entire top of the soil medium(about one fifth or sixth of the total water). Once that soaks in, I water slowly until the remainder of the water is gone, taking care to water evenly. Just keep in mind that the faster you water, the faster the water just drains to the bottom, and does not disperse evenly in the soil.

N84, I have the exact same problem with lamps, fans, etc drying my pots out extremely fast. You should water when the dirt is dry 2 inches deep. You don't want to keep the soil around the base of a seedling too wet, it could soften the stem and/or kill it. I've got four inch pots at the moment and I have to water them every 2 to 3 days because it's so arid in my grow room. Hope this helps.

it really doesnt matter if u planted the germ seed the right way it will straighten itself out ,plants are smart this way, anyone no the term for this ,i would have to look it up. it has something to do with the way a plant respondes to gravity!

the pot is about a half to 3/4 gallon, 7 inch opening at the top. i am going to try and start over tomorrow.

lefty said:
it really doesnt matter if u planted the germ seed the right way it will straighten itself out ,plants are smart this way, anyone no the term for this ,i would have to look it up. it has something to do with the way a plant respondes to gravity!

Yep;) , think they all fall the same way in nature:p ?

I don't think it's gravity they're responding to but moisture and darkness, hence the upside down planters.

nope its gravity there is a term ill look it up and git back!!!!!!!!! there still responding to gravity in upside down planters there just oppisit, come to think of it thats interesting im going to look it up. they grow that way bcause its the way they are forced to gro. ill git back on this.there is a term for the pull the plant responds to just went ovr it in class.

geotropism is the term for gravity, phototropism is the reaction of a plant to light.photoperiodism is the 12 and 12 hrs of light thing. geotropism is what causes a seedling to right itself!

Latest posts

Back