different nute question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy59

Reaction score
I use the botana care line. everything they have. been using this for years.

now I mix the nutes about half of what the bottle says with good results. just yesterday I had to get more so while in the store they have those fliers that tell how much of each to use. I grow in coco and the flier says to use half strength if using everything and growing in coco, which im doing. a lot of ppl say to use half strength anyways that have grown for awhile so now do I need to cut it in half again?? Im not having any issues but saving a bit of green cant hurt. lol. I just don't wanna starve my girls.

My suggestion would be to try it out on one plant only and see what it does, unless you're in an ebb and flow table then I guess you really can't do that. It really depends on your growing method I guess. Experimentation is always fun!

If you have had no problems I would just keep doing what you been doing.

I would agree with PC, If it is working ok then don't change anything.

when using a single ready made fert, you will not be able to give the plant what you think it needs exactly, that is, you absolutely have to add all the elements in that fert, so if you need no nitrogen and more PK you will have to get additives, like MPK or Cal-mag etc... I don't agree 100% with the saying "if it's working don't change a thing" because there's quite a difference between "it's working" and "it's working at its best". You can have a green healthy looking plant, and an outstandingly healthy and fruity plant. That goes to all plants as well. When growers see improvement at 1/2 strength, it is maybe because the nitrogen or phosphorus or whatever is at 1/2 strength and other elements might be of benefit for the plant. i add everything in parts, and i find myself increasing ppm and decreasing nitrogen. imo, no single plant food is enough, I see growers ending up with quite a variety, and you need to know what you're doing

Latest posts

Back