dna kandy kush/skunk & sleestack/skunk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use the rapid rooters all the time and sometimes my seedlings yellow ever so slightly....i may be wrong but i think the rapid root growth combined with slight yellowing simply means they are already trying to feed.. all sould be fine once nutes are added...i've seen many threads where one tells another to hold off on nutes for 2-3 weeks...i do not do this...my res has a very dilute mixture of nutes from day 1...p.s ...i'll be planting the DNA kk,kb,og18 and the la con in a day or 2..gonna let the sleestack sit this one out.

thanks puff. yeah they were fed 1/4 strength when i threw em into coco. 2 days ago was transplant & they are still going south. i just dont know. i watered again today to see what the run off was. it was 6.2 193 ppm. when it dries up a lil ill bump it up to 6.5 if they make it that far. 2 wks today & they are same size as 1 wk growth. yeah i didnt get kush berry so they doubled the kandy. ill be sure to tune into your grow for sure.

I dont have enough experience to compare what my grow has done to anything, but it sure seems like these are some hot seeds for sure. I planted them originally in the MG soil with nutrients added and they just thrived from day one. I learned more after that and realized I should not have been using the hot soil but these seeds loved it. I had one kandykush x skunk show sex in 2 weeks and 6 days after start of germination and now at 4 weeks old they are huge 20"-24" tall bush's with nice structure.

I have a good feeling that when your plants start feeding off the nutrients you just added they will take off. Wishing you the best of luck and much green mojo for your baby's :)

docfishwrinkle said:
yeah i didnt get kush berry so they doubled the kandy.

I have ordered the same beans and just I just received an email today that they where "dispatched" (whatever that means). Funny you added this Doc cause I was just thinking maybe they ran out or something. This has me wondering what seeds I will get? Btw may the karma fairy kick those ladies into high gear for ya man :p

ok folks ill snap pics of my pathetic plants after i pot em up again. doubting theyll make it, but im not giving up yet. will be starting la con/skunk so i have something. no rapid rooters just directly in my seedling mix.

heres what i concluded on the ill plants. coco was generic intended for animal use. used twice b4 w/o a hitch, but this time no go. gotta be something in it i cant detect cause everything else is w/in check & they should be going crazy but instead they are frozen in time & yellow. yellow as in low N or nute lock. anyhow this is my new devised plan seeing how multiple ppl have told me these dna beans are heavy feeders.

6 gal promix bx seedling/veg mix

5-3/4gal pots of pro mix bx
3-3/4gal pots of perlite
aprox 60/40 mix
mixed in subcultures m & b according to instructions
1/4c azomite
9 tbs pulverized dolo

wet this down w/ 6.5 ro w/ humic acid
take 3 gallons & set it aside for layering

remaining 3 gallons get:
1c of greensand
3 tbs blood meal
3 tbs kelp meal
2 tbs bone meal
4 tsp terracycle-contains worm ****, seabird, & bat guanos

fill bottom 1/3 of pot w/ organic mix
2nd 1/3 50/50 mix of organic mix & promix that was set aside
top 1/3 of pot will be remaining promix that was set aside earlier.

think this will be a good starter. any & all comments welcome. coco will be in my future again as i have learned to not skimp on somethings in life such as substrate. reputable company of coco intended for growing, think i got it now.

holy crap doc! is this your standard veg mix, or something else your just trying that you heard about, orrr, a tried and true recipe you've used before???

is this your version of a super soil mix? cool if so...just seems to me alot of people over do the things they add to grow a pot plant...to me, this just makes it more difficult for a newb to look at this , and be overwhelmed by all the ingredients they think they may need...does any of this make sense doc?

i stay with what i know works best, i like the KISS plan...descent soil,(promix potting soil has perlite, myco, and avec) worm ****, perlite as needed, water, and light...what could be more simple?...

edit, hope you know what your getting into with the new line up of GO nutes...imho, it is missing a key grow ingredient...ohc was using this product, with excellerating bad results...she has a grow journal up on them...

irish yeah its been used in veg once b4 after plants were 2 wks old. i thought about it so that i wouldnt have to transplant again until flower. so my thoughts were to ease seedlings into this as they grew. i wouldnt call it a SS mix though. im not trying to get flocks of ppl to use just trying to simplify things for myself by useing less bottled nutes. there are quite a few different forms of N in there. different forms give better results, imo. roses are a prime example of this. well if it dont work i will be going back to pro mix bx, lime, perlite, & additional myco & bacillius.

man thats crazy on the GO line. in your eyes what is missing? cause the labels are loaded w/ ingredients. old hippy chick im coming to take a looksey.

irish she was ph'ing her organic nutes which is a no no. killing off most of the micro herd which in return crashes ph & w/ no beasties in there to compensate all hell breaks loose. thats the beauty of organics start w/ ph'd water & no need to check, except runoff just to see whats going on in soil.

alright folks i havent givin up on em yet. im growing in promix bx & perlite @ 50/50 mix thats it. previous soil was a lil hot & shouldve been composted so i switched out & soil is now cooking in a corner. run off tends to be .3 higher than ph'd water. im @ 3/4 strength GO nutes & monday will be full strength w/ a lil extra calmag+. i also popped og 18 & more kandy kush. so my plant # stands @ 13. 1 k.k. never cracked & i tossed a sleestack shortly after she sprouted cause it was a freak.

pics

1 la con...im gunna love these i just know it.
2 sleestack... these will also be a fav looking @ genetics
3 k.k.
4 og18
5 random shot of plant...believe its a k.k.

well i guess im getting back into the swing of things. guess i couldnt hold back my inner kid & forgot many things that are now coming back to me after short leave. thx for helping me through my rookie mistakes. these plants are doing great for the hell i put them through. oh yeah temp is spot on 75 & rh yhis time of year is a bear. im keeping a steady 35%. im going through 2 gallons of water a day in my humidifier. no air extraction in my make shift tent thats 4x5x5tall. fan & heater are rocking also. im was thinking of trying to use convection to try & exchange air for me. roof of tent entends 6" past walls on front & back & "walls" (plastic) are about 2" from floor. so thinking hot air rises cools & sinks from roof gaps while drawing air in from floor. can feel air pouring from roof so i believe its working.

DSCN1522.JPG

DSCN1523.JPG

DSCN1524.JPG

DSCN1527.JPG

DSCN1528.JPG

Yay! I was getting a bit worried for ya when you had not updated for awhile, hehe :) Glad they are doing good for you now :D

Running behind on this thread. I have all of them, but will only pop slee for new room, 1 strain. I will be watching the Slee. C'mon, green juju for it. It just stands out. GL

WHAT THE HECK??? You KNOW you can't be talking about DNA SEEDS on this SITE!!!..........lol

They are looking good man! I like your little soil mix. I also agree that the problems OHC was haveing stemmed from chemical pH adjusters limiting the micro lifes ability to thrive in her mix. Also I believe her mix was not colonized from the get go, and then to add chem adjusters only further hurt things. I'm getting close to running the GO line, with some of these C99xAK-47 clones. I'm going to inoculate the soil first and hopefully not have to mess with the pH at all. If I run into problems with drifting, I will use the Earth Juice adjusters, but if the micro beasts are healthy and doing their job I should not have to mess with it.....am I on the money with this thinking? Organics is a new learning experience for me.

Your plants are looking healthy! So are those the ones that were giving you problems at the start? Or did you start some new beans?

mindzeye & chef- thanks for the encouragement. much needed

warfish- yeah i was busy trying to turn em around feed & stare & stare & stare & hope for the best.

nouvelle- im very excited for the sleestsck thats why i was devistated when i had to cull the one. so heres to hoping i get a killer pheno & 1 male. is that too much to ask for? lol oh & by the way the 1 sleestack smells like coffee. not brewed but faintly of freshly ground. thought might be the organics/molasses, but its the only one in the bunch. had one bubblegum last year where cured bud smelled the same. anyone get this w/ chems? im still thinking it has to do w/ organics.

LF- oh snap did i swear here? wheeew thought i was gunna get the axe then i realized where i was. lol. for the most part you are. i still like to start w/ a ph'd water then add & whatever it comes out to it is. & it is what it is. i know of guy somewhere else thats running ces organic nutes w/o doing anything as far as buffering & water when mixed is hitting high 4's & low 5's w/ stellar results. growing in FFOF.

yes they are the same plants that were trying to do me bad. sat em down & had a lil talk w/ em & now they are in line. i did start some new beans. og18's & more k.k.'s. so all my dna ufo's are growing except for the two that didnt amount to anything.

whats up my dude! just found this... tasty strains.
you know i'll be lurking with a big 'ol notepad and a pencil!
good luck doc

thses are all DNA genetics? looking good. im really curious on that og18. i ordered some cant wait to watch those ladies grow. hers a little green mojo

cd123 whats up man? glad you could make it. did you take notes on my rook mistakes? man i try to micro-manage to the "T" & forget the "easy" ****...lol

moaky glad you stopped by, & yes they are all dna. og18 is also a sprout so i cant really comment yet. they all seem good to me in their different ways.

Latest posts

Back